Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary 1 Year Regus Businessworld Pref'd. for UA Premier Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary 1 Year Regus Businessworld Pref'd. for UA Premier Members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: United Platinum, American EXP
My CO-style MP # didn't work on the site, but I got a card in the mail.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Got an email response after I inquired about my membership card. Appears to be generic.

"Hello Naumank,

Please allow 4-6 weeks for the printing and delivery of your membership card. In the meantime you can provide your membership #, to make reservations or gain access to Business Lounges.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

K M
BusinessWorld Coordinator
Regus
15305 Dallas Parkway, 4th Floor, Addison, TX 75001 United States of America
[email protected]
www.regus.com"

I don't understand why some folks received their cards in the mail before they even signed up.

By the way, is this one-year free offer a one time deal or will it be automatically reviewed?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Do they expect business casual attire or better?
I imagine that you'd feel a bit out of place, but I have seen people in jeans at Regus lounges before.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
I just got an email inviting me to this. It looks like this went out to most folks in October. Weird. I had no idea it was available. Might be moderately handy for me when traveling in some places beyond my firm and where I am not using a business hotel.

I signed up for it but it is not completely clear if every single REGUS location has a "lounge" I can use for free.

And not clear how much they will nickel and dime me. ("Sir, that coffee stirrer you just used is ten cents. Please fill out this form." )

What is a typical rate to rent an office for the day in North America? In Italy? In Germany?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
I just got an email inviting me to this. It looks like this went out to most folks in October.
I just got another invitation so maybe your first one went off into a spam filter somewhere.

I signed up for it but it is not completely clear if every single REGUS location has a "lounge" I can use for free.
If you search on the regus.com site for a location, there's a box under the pictures that says what's available - look for "Business Lounge".

And not clear how much they will nickel and dime me. ("Sir, that coffee stirrer you just used is ten cents. Please fill out this form." )
Coffee and wifi are free. Everything else is $.

What is a typical rate to rent an office for the day in North America? In Italy? In Germany?
Each location is on its own rate structure. The Gold membership will get you a discount tho. Somewhere on the Regus site is a place to search, at least for meeting space. But I've always found it easier to just call the location.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:20 pm

Be careful. They continued to bill me more than a year after I cancelled and then sent me to collections for non payment of manufactured fees after I had cancelled. I had to fight for more than a year and go all the way to not only the US executive offices but also the CEO in UK to get them to stop manufacturing fees.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Frankly, I'd prefer the whole can of Coke, just once
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by chasbondy
Frankly, I'd prefer the whole can of Coke, just once
This tells me a lot, once I read it a few times.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:30 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Be careful. They continued to bill me more than a year after I cancelled and then sent me to collections for non payment of manufactured fees after I had cancelled.
Is this for the free Gold membership or for an office you rented?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Is this for the free Gold membership or for an office you rented?
An office I rented, but with business practices like that, I'd be hesitant to engage with them again on any level. Read the fine print in the contract and be wary if they take a c/c.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:24 pm
Used to be highman123

I just got this email as well (but have no UA status!).

I'm a Regus client for several years (and have a Virtual Office and a prior Regus BusinessWorld card through a Budget promotion).

There are some Regus lounges that are awesome and replace an office - downtown Sydney, Twin Towers KL, Mayfair London, Palo Alto, CA to name a few.

It's good enough to spend a couple of hours doing some serious work in a posh downtown location. Works for my business and travel patterns

So far I never had any billing issues I could not resolve with them - great CS normally.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by highman123

I'm a Regus client for several years (and have a Virtual Office and a prior Regus BusinessWorld card through a Budget promotion).

There are some Regus lounges that are awesome and replace an office - downtown Sydney, Twin Towers KL, Mayfair London, Palo Alto, CA to name a few.

It's good enough to spend a couple of hours doing some serious work in a posh downtown location. Works for my business and travel patterns

So far I never had any billing issues I could not resolve with them - great CS normally.
I agree. They are legit and don't know why the basing by some up thread. However, the day privledges at Howard Hughes (Near LAX) are in these chair type pods in the middle of reception. Would not consider this a good option. Starbucks provides more comfort and privacy. This location in my opinion is not that great for the day user.. Let's be positive and post other day experiences as this would be helpful to others. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Premier 1k, Marriott Platinum Elite, Star Alliance Gold, SPG Platinum, Yelp Elite
I've been a resident of the Regus offices with two different startups I no longer work for and generally had good experiences. The business lounge product just entitles you to have some work space in a place with wifi and usually a small desk plus free water and coffee. If you are visiting a place near an impact area, like a college area where you are competing with students for coffee house table space and bandwidth, it's pretty invaluable. Most of the receptionists at the places I've visited are super friendly and helpful and if you're a sociable type can be good networking points to connect with local people through the "I know a guy" network.

Just an FYI on the Regus, getting access to the conference room is not part of this service. That always costs extra. That's always fought over and there pecking rules are pretty clear, at least in the place we leased.

I would just wear business casual. You don't want to be remembered as the grunge road warrior who stank up their lobby.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:44 am

All it requires is premier status. You may be on a list from a previous year. But when I signed up they had me enter my MP number and then confirmed it, which I took to mean the confirmed my status. But hey, if they give it to you, they give it to you.

This is exactly what I had in mind. Most of the time when traveling, I work in coffee shops, United Clubs, and my hotel room. Sometimes I use an office of a client. But there are times when either
1) No good options are available
2) I need a bit more support than a coffee shop (copies, fax, office supplies etc).

I have used Fed Ex Office for that sometimes. I will try a REGUS location out when the right need comes along.

Postings of good versus bad lounges is very helpful.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Premier 1k, Marriott Platinum Elite, Star Alliance Gold, SPG Platinum, Yelp Elite
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW

Postings of good versus bad lounges is very helpful.
The one in San Diego near UCSD has super helpful staff and those little european-style workpods and beats the pants off trying to compete for coffee shop space with college students.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.