Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary 1 Year Regus Businessworld Pref'd. for UA Premier Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary 1 Year Regus Businessworld Pref'd. for UA Premier Members

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:55 am

Like others I had this for a year but never got had an occasion to use it. No problem with autobilling or anything like that.

I'm not entirely clear that using the lounge is completely free, even with the Gold membership. There's no usage fee that goes along with it?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:27 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jimmc66
I've tried exercising this offer previously, never with any luck. Attempts to book a Regus business centre for meetings has always been knocked back, with various nonsensical excuses. But for an "upgrade fee" (I don't remember what the terminology was) they can book me an "executive room" or something similar. After the second bait&switch, I removed the card from my briefcase.
The Gold membership doesn't allow you to book anything. It's a pass that gets you (and you alone) into a particular room in the center. Anything more costs money. (That's pretty clear from the literature - not a bait and switch.)

Originally Posted by zkzkz
I'm not entirely clear that using the lounge is completely free, even with the Gold membership. There's no usage fee that goes along with it?
It really is free. They want you to visit, spend some time there seeing how the paid options work, interact with the paid members, etc. One time I got a soft sell on membership (a tour, with a list of pricing options) but usually not even that. Their hope is you'll get addicted and rent an office or host a meeting in the conference room or need clerical services. And actually, from what I've seen, I'd use them if I needed any of that. They've got a good system going.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM Lifetime Gold, starting AK, Marriott Bonvoy
There seem to be a lot of very negative reviews on the web. There was also a discussion in the Amex forum here on FT back in 2007-8 when Amex offered it as a Platinum benefit. Nothing negative in that thread that I noticed. Based on the outside reviews, I don't think I'll ever give them a credit card that won't let me shut them out if necessary.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
I have had this for a few years now with my LT Platinum over at AA. I have never used it, but I signed up and have a card just in case I find myself in need.

I have used the facilities as a trainer, but someone else has always paid the bill.

It is free, no catch, for the services included. So read the inclusions, not the full board Regus offering. Getting an office etc, has other costs associated with it. Using the cafe and lounge do not have a cost. They include free coffee as a plus. At least in the offices that I have visited.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I'm super happy with my free Regus memberships. (Over the years via Admirals Club, then Sky Club now as a Premier.) Regus offers fast internet, printers and a quiet place to work all over the world---something particularly useful in places where free wifi is hard to find like in Vietnam and Mexico. Also, the flavia beverages (like in US Clubs) are free and soft drinks inexpensive.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I'm super happy with my free Regus memberships. (Over the years via Admirals Club, then Sky Club now as a Premier.) Regus offers fast internet, printers and a quiet place to work all over the world---something particularly useful in places where free wifi is hard to find like in Vietnam and Mexico. Also, the flavia beverages (like in US Clubs) are free and soft drinks inexpensive.
Do you happen to have the Vietnam location addresses and hours of operations handy that you can post or PM me? Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Originally Posted by deniah
hrm its not taking my MP*G number...
Won't take mine either.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I just signed up. No credit card needed.

But I can't find the operating hours for those lounges. Are they listed somewhere?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 510k miles, DL 600,000 lifetime
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Maybe if you had spelled it "Frankfurt" you would have had more success!
Maybe. I have only been there thirty or so times in the last three years. One of these years I'll get it right.

tim in san jose
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Lounge hours are 8:30am-5pm local time, M-F. I inquired from their website and got a call from a local location in a few minutes. Got a reply in email in an hour too.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
it won't take my CO Mileageplus number.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Anyone who has taken advantage of these free lounges had any luck bringing in a companion? A poster upthread mentioned no guests, but I was wondering if there is any leniency in this policy.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Anyone who has taken advantage of these free lounges had any luck bringing in a companion? A poster upthread mentioned no guests, but I was wondering if there is any leniency in this policy.
In my experience they usually let it slide "this one time only."

Also, for location information visit http://www.regus.com/search/global-index.aspx. The mobile app contains locations, too.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The easy solution is for your guest to also sign up for the Gold membership.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Signed up. No credit card needed.

I could have used this over the summer when I was evacuated from my home due to a wildfire.

A few times I am stuck in a city with time to kill and I could see using this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.