Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA to launch 3rd daily IAH - LHR flight + new routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:17 am
Original Poster

UA will be launching a 3rd daily IAH - LHR flight. Using a reconfigured 2-cabin sUA 763. To begin 3/30.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:20 am

Ghetto bird!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joder
Ghetto bird!
Nope. It has BusinessFirst flatbed seating, nose to tail AVOD, a whole new interior looks exactly like the reconfigured sCO 764.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: UA GS
Could this be offset by withdrawal of one of the ORD-LHR, IAD-LHR or EWR-LHR flights?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Could this be offset by withdrawal of one of the ORD-LHR, IAD-EWR or EWR-LHR flights?
I will not be too happy if ORD loses a frequency. Expecially the 9pm ORD-LHR and LHR-ORD 3pm.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
its a seasonal flight........so I doubt we'd see a drawdown of another hub during the busy season. To much competition in ORD to cut back a flight. Same with EWR/IAD.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Could this be offset by withdrawal of one of the ORD-LHR, IAD-LHR or EWR-LHR flights?
They could essentially shift one EWR freq over to IAH and upgauge another EWR flt to compensate for capacity loss. We need more WB and less 757s doing TATL.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:40 am

Did UA win an extra slot at LHR? There was talk of a few new slots being made available. Its also possible (but doubtful) that they are borrowing a slot from LH. Would LH make more money through the JV with an additional IAH-LHR slot than they would with a LHR-Germany flight?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Indelaware
Did UA win an extra slot at LHR? There was talk of a few new slots being made available. Its also possible (but doubtful) that they are borrowing a slot from LH. Would LH make more money through the JV with an additional IAH-LHR slot than they would with a LHR-Germany flight?
i would say yes. But, dont have the info available to me.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:10 am

There were several new routes announced today:

Chicago-Shannon
The Chicago-Shannon flight will depart Chicago O'Hare five times each week at 6 p.m., arriving in Shannon at 7:30 a.m. the following day. The return flight will depart Shannon at 11 a.m., arriving in Chicago at 1:05 p.m. the same day. United will operate the flight using Boeing 757-200 aircraft with a total of 169 seats – 16 in United BusinessFirst, 45 in United Economy Plus and 108 in United Economy. Eastbound service to Shannon will not operate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Westbound service to Chicago will not operate on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Nonstop flights from Shannon to Chicago offer customers the added convenience of clearing customs and immigration pre-departure, enabling more efficient connections and a streamlined arrival process at Chicago O'Hare.

Houston-London
The additional Houston-London flight will depart Houston daily at 8:30 p.m., arriving at London Heathrow at 12:05 p.m. the following day. The return flight will depart London Heathrow daily at 1:05 p.m., arriving in Houston at 5:45 p.m. the same day. United will operate the service between Houston and London using Boeing 767-300 aircraft, with flat-bed seats, premium menu options and Economy Plus seats with additional legroom. Tickets for the additional Houston-London service will be available for sale on Oct. 6.

With the new flight, United will offer more nonstop flights between Houston and London than any other carrier.

New Domestic Service
United will also launch three-times-daily service from the Washington Dulles hub to Fayetteville, N.C. on Feb. 14, 2013, and once-daily nonstop service from the Chicago hub to Mobile, Ala. on April 9, 2013. United Express carrier ExpressJet will operate the Chicago-Mobile services. United Express carrier CommutAir will operate the Washington-Fayetteville services.

In addition to linking Mobile and Fayetteville with United's hub cities, the new domestic flights are timed to offer convenient connections at the hubs to United's global route network.

The Mobile and Fayetteville services will be available for sale on Oct. 6.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Glad to see the 3rd daily to London; those flights are usually very, very full.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I will not be too happy if ORD loses a frequency. Expecially the 9pm ORD-LHR and LHR-ORD 3pm.
Concur.

UA959 and UA938 FTW.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
UA will be launching a 3rd daily IAH - LHR flight. Using a reconfigured 2-cabin sUA 763. To begin 3/30.
Hmmmm, another west US (well, kind of..., well non-east coast lets say) to Europe option. This could be a good thing.

Thanks for the update again joseconlscrew28.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:53 am

While we are on the subject of schedule changes, yesterday they announced additional W12 cuts
EWR-BRU goes to a 764 down from a 3 class 772
EWR-ZRH goes to a 764 down from a 3 class 763
EWR-CDG 1 daily for the month of Jan
EWR-CDG beginning Feb4 764 replaces 752
EWR-TXL goes down to 4x weekly on a 752, up to a 764 during Feb/March
EWR-MXP in Feb goes to a 764 from a 762

Looks like they may be proactively taking the 752's off some of the TA routes in the winter. Also it looks like 3 additional 764 flts, are these coming from the reconfigured Hawaii birds?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I'm glad for the added IAH-LHR route not really because of capacity but for the timing - used to fly from ORD and I enjoy having the option of that noon arrival.

I thought the 787 was going to take its turn on IAH-LHR at some point? Would that actually replace a 777?

Also, I would love to see 3-class birds on this route... but that may be wishful thinking. I always thought LHR was a prime target for the revenue premium cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.