Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PHX T2 United Club Closed, UA Moved to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new T3 UC 27 Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
ETA as of early September 2022: end of September 2022.

Current Status: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/locations/default.aspx/

E-Mail from United on 1/28/2020

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Does anyone know about new United Club will be at new T3N? Once the north concourse construction is complete in 2020. Is this possible?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Does anyone know about new United Club will be at new T3N? Once the north concourse construction is complete in 2020. Is this possible?
Hi, fellow Phoenician. I definitely hope there will be a new club and that the move from T2 to T3 doesn't mean the end of the UC in PHX. But AFAIK there hasn't been any official or unofficial communication about this. The move won't happen before late 2020 anyway.

Note that they aren't constructing T3N, the concourse exists already and they will merely renovate the building. Work should start soon now that the tenants moved to the newly constructed T3S.

I believe long ago there used to be a Sky Club in the T3 north concourse before it closed and was replaced with restaurants, maybe the UC will reuse this space since it was originally designed to hold an airport lounge and thus sufficiently large.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Hopefully! There was an article in the AZ Republic last month about PHX lounge improvements that indicates United is planning to have a UC when it moves.

Not sure if this is behind the paywall or not: Sky Harbor Airport club-lounge improvements may leave out Priority Pass members

United has a lounge in Terminal 2 and will build a new one when it moves to Terminal 3. No timeline has been announced for the move.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:49 am

According to current staff there will be a new Club after the move to T3. Since it's a couple of years to go no details as of yet.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
United Club @ PHX

Will be travelling to Phoenix next week for the first time. I was wondering how the United Club is at PHX? Any comments or suggestions? Also anyone want to offer an idea for a good evening meal in PHX Terminal 2?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:29 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Eric J Rickenbach
Any comments or suggestions? Also anyone want to offer an idea for a good evening meal in PHX Terminal 2?
That might be a topic for https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west-456/
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Will be travelling to Phoenix next week for the first time. I was wondering how the United Club is at PHX? Any comments or suggestions? Also anyone want to offer an idea for a good evening meal in PHX Terminal 2?
It's one of the weaker United Clubs - definitely the worst I regularly visit. Small and the food offerings are quite weak. The restaurant options in this terminal are horrible. I strongly suggest you eat before the airport. There are many dining options within 15 minutes of the airport.
enviroian and nomad420 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
The UC in PHX is a joke per other comment. If all you want to do is prehaps get a drink and wait to board that is about it. Often crowded because it is the size of walk in closet. Needs to be upgraded.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by nomad420
The UC in PHX is a joke per other comment. If all you want to do is prehaps get a drink and wait to board that is about it. Often crowded because it is the size of walk in closet. Needs to be upgraded.
Let’s just hope there is still a business case for a United Club when UA moves to the rebuilt T3. I haven’t heard anything to this end.

Despite being very dated, with dismal amenities, T2 is usually pretty quick in and out, so I rarely spend more than 30 minutes at this lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EWR764
Despite being very dated, with dismal amenities, T2 is usually pretty quick in and out, so I rarely spend more than 30 minutes at this lounge.
Yes, super quick. Never a Pre line (though last time I went through there was a rogue agent making people take laptops out).
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I think the comments about the club are a little harsh. It is definitely not as nice as most other clubs but it's also in a terminal as old or older than any other terminal United has a club in. United also kept it open despite PHX being a Ted station and being a leisure destination. And as always, it's better than the gate.

And if you are curious this is what it looks like

Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:08 pm

Adding to my January post.. Latest I heard is that UA will move to the new terminal by the end of the year. Some staff thought that to be unrealistic due to the holidays, but the consensus was that the move will be done by Feb 2020. Gates will mostly be shared, maybe wth DL or AS and there will be 8 gates. That's the current gossip.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
I think the comments about the club are a little harsh. It is definitely not as nice as most other clubs but it's also in a terminal as old or older than any other terminal United has a club in. United also kept it open despite PHX being a Ted station and being a leisure destination. And as always, it's better than the gate.

And if you are curious this is what it looks like

The UC is really not bad at all. Considering how horrible the benches in the gate areas are, the lounge is rather luxurious. Extended family and I have absolutely no problem with it.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
The UC is really not bad at all. Considering how horrible the benches in the gate areas are, the lounge is rather luxurious. Extended family and I have absolutely no problem with it.
New furniture since I was last in it. Pretty small though. The bar seats about 4 people unless that was changed but it doesn't look like it was. I agree it is better than nothing and the new furniture looks comfortable at least.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
New furniture since I was last in it. Pretty small though. The bar seats about 4 people unless that was changed but it doesn't look like it was. I agree it is better than nothing and the new furniture looks comfortable at least.
I never sit at the bar but you're right, Seats 4 people. The UC has a separate seating area with comfortable chairs and an area for consuming food with dining tables. Separate TV area as well as an office/work area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.