FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1393709-phx-t2-united-club-closing-ua-moving-t3-3-feb-2020-new-uc-date-unknown.html)

N830MH Jan 16, 19 7:30 pm

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown
 
Does anyone know about new United Club will be at new T3N? Once the north concourse construction is complete in 2020. Is this possible?

mozilla Jan 18, 19 1:05 am


Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 30664283)
Does anyone know about new United Club will be at new T3N? Once the north concourse construction is complete in 2020. Is this possible?

Hi, fellow Phoenician. I definitely hope there will be a new club and that the move from T2 to T3 doesn't mean the end of the UC in PHX. But AFAIK there hasn't been any official or unofficial communication about this. The move won't happen before late 2020 anyway.

Note that they aren't constructing T3N, the concourse exists already and they will merely renovate the building. Work should start soon now that the tenants moved to the newly constructed T3S.

I believe long ago there used to be a Sky Club in the T3 north concourse before it closed and was replaced with restaurants, maybe the UC will reuse this space since it was originally designed to hold an airport lounge and thus sufficiently large.

ms_go Jan 18, 19 6:22 am

Hopefully! There was an article in the AZ Republic last month about PHX lounge improvements that indicates United is planning to have a UC when it moves.

Not sure if this is behind the paywall or not: Sky Harbor Airport club-lounge improvements may leave out Priority Pass members

ē United has a lounge in Terminal 2 and will build a new one when it moves to Terminal 3. No timeline has been announced for the move.

Exleftseat Jan 18, 19 6:49 am

According to current staff there will be a new Club after the move to T3. Since it's a couple of years to go no details as of yet.

Eric J Rickenbach Feb 19, 19 8:20 am

United Club @ PHX
 
Will be travelling to Phoenix next week for the first time. I was wondering how the United Club is at PHX? Any comments or suggestions? Also anyone want to offer an idea for a good evening meal in PHX Terminal 2?

WineCountryUA Feb 19, 19 10:29 am


Originally Posted by Eric J Rickenbach (Post 30797266)
...
Any comments or suggestions? Also anyone want to offer an idea for a good evening meal in PHX Terminal 2?

That might be a topic for https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west-456/

Kacee Feb 19, 19 10:37 am


Originally Posted by Eric J Rickenbach (Post 30797266)
Will be travelling to Phoenix next week for the first time. I was wondering how the United Club is at PHX? Any comments or suggestions? Also anyone want to offer an idea for a good evening meal in PHX Terminal 2?

It's one of the weaker United Clubs - definitely the worst I regularly visit. Small and the food offerings are quite weak. The restaurant options in this terminal are horrible. I strongly suggest you eat before the airport. There are many dining options within 15 minutes of the airport.

nomad420 Feb 19, 19 10:48 am


Originally Posted by Eric J Rickenbach (Post 30797266)
Will be travelling to Phoenix next week for the first time. I was wondering how the United Club is at PHX? Any comments or suggestions? Also anyone want to offer an idea for a good evening meal in PHX Terminal 2?

The UC in PHX is a joke per other comment. If all you want to do is prehaps get a drink and wait to board that is about it. Often crowded because it is the size of walk in closet. Needs to be upgraded.

EWR764 Feb 19, 19 11:02 am


Originally Posted by nomad420 (Post 30797855)
The UC in PHX is a joke per other comment. If all you want to do is prehaps get a drink and wait to board that is about it. Often crowded because it is the size of walk in closet. Needs to be upgraded.

Letís just hope there is still a business case for a United Club when UA moves to the rebuilt T3. I havenít heard anything to this end.

Despite being very dated, with dismal amenities, T2 is usually pretty quick in and out, so I rarely spend more than 30 minutes at this lounge.

Kacee Feb 19, 19 11:48 am


Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 30797923)
Despite being very dated, with dismal amenities, T2 is usually pretty quick in and out, so I rarely spend more than 30 minutes at this lounge.

Yes, super quick. Never a Pre line (though last time I went through there was a rogue agent making people take laptops out).

CMK10 Feb 21, 19 1:05 pm

I think the comments about the club are a little harsh. It is definitely not as nice as most other clubs but it's also in a terminal as old or older than any other terminal United has a club in. United also kept it open despite PHX being a Ted station and being a leisure destination. And as always, it's better than the gate.

And if you are curious this is what it looks like

https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/AZ...IMG_2352-L.jpg

Exleftseat Apr 4, 19 5:08 pm

Adding to my January post.. Latest I heard is that UA will move to the new terminal by the end of the year. Some staff thought that to be unrealistic due to the holidays, but the consensus was that the move will be done by Feb 2020. Gates will mostly be shared, maybe wth DL or AS and there will be 8 gates. That's the current gossip.

Exleftseat Apr 4, 19 5:10 pm


Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 30806354)
I think the comments about the club are a little harsh. It is definitely not as nice as most other clubs but it's also in a terminal as old or older than any other terminal United has a club in. United also kept it open despite PHX being a Ted station and being a leisure destination. And as always, it's better than the gate.

And if you are curious this is what it looks like

https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/AZ...IMG_2352-L.jpg

The UC is really not bad at all. Considering how horrible the benches in the gate areas are, the lounge is rather luxurious. Extended family and I have absolutely no problem with it.

nomad420 Apr 4, 19 5:17 pm


Originally Posted by Exleftseat (Post 30965943)
The UC is really not bad at all. Considering how horrible the benches in the gate areas are, the lounge is rather luxurious. Extended family and I have absolutely no problem with it.

New furniture since I was last in it. Pretty small though. The bar seats about 4 people unless that was changed but it doesn't look like it was. I agree it is better than nothing and the new furniture looks comfortable at least.

Exleftseat Apr 4, 19 6:04 pm


Originally Posted by nomad420 (Post 30965957)
New furniture since I was last in it. Pretty small though. The bar seats about 4 people unless that was changed but it doesn't look like it was. I agree it is better than nothing and the new furniture looks comfortable at least.

I never sit at the bar but you're right, Seats 4 people. The UC has a separate seating area with comfortable chairs and an area for consuming food with dining tables. Separate TV area as well as an office/work area.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:14 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright @ MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.