Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 3, 22, 7:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: username
Wiki Link
Still not open. Projected opening is Fall of 2022.

Current Status: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../default.aspx/

E-Mail from United on 1/28/2020

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 7, 20, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Not pictured are the new T3 urinals -- featuring Sloan valves and smartly designed with shelf space up above to fit a small case.
​​
I'm told that similar luggage shelves are located in the women's stalls.

Paper towel dispensers may need to be recalibrated -- an insufficient towel length at the swipe of the hand coupled with the time delay for the next towel and a low dispenser to sink ratio means a significant line waiting for a dispenser.

Last edited by onthesam; Feb 7, 20 at 9:57 pm
Old Feb 7, 20, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if some of that might be on-purpose to reduce paper usage. More and more places (although mostly outside the US) don't even dispense paper towels anymore. Then you have those who get 3-4 dispenses without thinking to dry their hands?
Old Feb 8, 20, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler 1K, AA Plat, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat etc etc
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
The only thing I'll miss about T2 is day trips where I could park in the garage and be at the gate in 10 minutes. Hopefully the rideshare area at T3 isn't a disaster since I won't be using the garage anymore.
And hopefully the issue between the rideshare companies and the city are resolved so they're still available there! Arizona Supreme Court will hear the matter on March 26 so no changes until then.
Old Feb 8, 20, 10:09 am

Programs: *G, AA, UA 1 Million
Originally Posted by SightseeMC View Post
Was hoping they'd consider expanding the schedule, but I can understand not wanting/being able to fight AA there.
Moving to PHX from DEN it's really difficult to continue with UA. I'm already booked through out 2020 and half those bookings are on AA. UA pricing from PHX is pitiful compared to AA. It looks like I may be rejoining the Admirals Club.
Old Feb 8, 20, 11:50 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Ambassador, IHG Spire Elite + Kimpton Inner Circle, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalServices1 View Post
Moving to PHX from DEN it's really difficult to continue with UA. I'm already booked through out 2020 and half those bookings are on AA. UA pricing from PHX is pitiful compared to AA. It looks like I may be rejoining the Admirals Club.
GL with your swap - it still likely makes sense to fly AA, but my time at PHX kept me with UA. If you’re GS, perhaps you’ll quickly move to CK and life will be good.

I had a year in PHX and was flying to the east coast a lot. For where I was going, I ended up having a choice of connecting through Dallas or Houston and ultimately decided to stay with UA (as 1k, and ultimately making GS).
- For east coast travel, PHX didn’t feel enough like a hub, not enough non-stops to other hubs, very few east coast flights, times weren’t good for my travel patterns. Long term I would probably have switched to AA, but my specific travel patterns kept me with UA.
- For AA, It took three tries over 6 weeks to get a working status match for Ex Plat, meanwhile I was flying AA almost weekly so probably missed opportunity there.
- I ended up spending the 5k needed but just the flights were less convenient and I moved back to UA short of the EQM target for the status match, dropped down to Gold (and haven’t flown since)
- Two J trips to Australia, still made sense to fly UA vs AA/QF for time and cost.
- Flying legacy US a321s (Which is all A321 flights from PHX i was booked on basically), I was shocked to find that there wasn’t in seat power even in First. Unless you’re in seat 1A where there is a socket for the cabin cleaner’s vacuum on the wall. Kinda weird
Old Feb 8, 20, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JetBunny View Post
And hopefully the issue between the rideshare companies and the city are resolved so they're still available there! Arizona Supreme Court will hear the matter on March 26 so no changes until then.
Good! Please keep an eye on it! If they has been resolved it. Hopefully they will bring Uber or Lyft back at Sky Harbor.
JetBunny likes this.
Old Feb 8, 20, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by username View Post
I wonder if some of that might be on-purpose to reduce paper usage. More and more places (although mostly outside the US) don't even dispense paper towels anymore. Then you have those who get 3-4 dispenses without thinking to dry their hands?
That trend could be reversing, as there is a growing concern about microdroplets being forced into the air by those hand dryers. Paper towels more sanitary.
JetBunny likes this.
Old Feb 8, 20, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.4 MM, AA PLAT 1MM
I flew back out yesterday on the 11:50 am to Houston. Definitely more people in the security lines than at T2 - although I went right through with CLEAR.

There were a couple of places (burger grill and market) open in the main area between concourses and a Starbucks (with a long line). Parlor Pizza was not yet open (10:30). There is also a smaller Starbucks in the E concourse, otherwise the restaurants in that concourse aren't ready yet. I know there are some restaurants in the Delta concourse, but I didn't go over there. I settled in a chair by a window near E5 and spent my time there. The free wi-fi seemed to work pretty well. I am in and out of PHX every month, and hopefully the UC will come along sooner than later.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Feb 8, 20, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ms_go View Post
I flew back out yesterday on the 11:50 am to Houston. Definitely more people in the security lines than at T2 - although I went right through with CLEAR.

There were a couple of places (burger grill and market) open in the main area between concourses and a Starbucks (with a long line). Parlor Pizza was not yet open (10:30). There is also a smaller Starbucks in the E concourse, otherwise the restaurants in that concourse aren't ready yet. I know there are some restaurants in the Delta concourse, but I didn't go over there. I settled in a chair by a window near E5 and spent my time there. The free wi-fi seemed to work pretty well. I am in and out of PHX every month, and hopefully the UC will come along sooner than later.
Right! Not yet. The new restaurants aren't ready to open it up in a few weeks or so. Please go on Sky Harbor Facebook page. They will tell you when.

Yes, they have Habit Burgers is further down near exiting from terminal lobby.
Old Feb 8, 20, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder why the City is rushing the move. Between how the taxis are, the recent ride sharing controversy and now this, I am not very impressed on how the City is running the airport.
JetBunny likes this.
Old Feb 9, 20, 6:31 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I've been following that. I don't think it'll fly (hahahah), but it looks like it does apply to taxi's as well as rideshare so it doesn't irritate me that much. I'm surprised they don't just add a drop off fee before increasing both fees though.

At some point maybe they'll start charging everyone to get direct access to the terminal and maybe expand that 44th street station. There are too many people having to make their heartfelt goodbyes and hugs when they get to the drop off area that delays everyone else....That would be a perfect place to park and get out of the car instead of holding up active traffic. Hell, if they could expand the light rail north of the station by about 5 miles I wouldn't even need a rideshare.

I'll be taking my first T3 flight on Thursday so excited to see how this all works out.
Old Feb 10, 20, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler 1K, AA Plat, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat etc etc
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
I've been following that. I don't think it'll fly (hahahah), but it looks like it does apply to taxi's as well as rideshare so it doesn't irritate me that much. I'm surprised they don't just add a drop off fee before increasing both fees though.

At some point maybe they'll start charging everyone to get direct access to the terminal and maybe expand that 44th street station. There are too many people having to make their heartfelt goodbyes and hugs when they get to the drop off area that delays everyone else....That would be a perfect place to park and get out of the car instead of holding up active traffic. Hell, if they could expand the light rail north of the station by about 5 miles I wouldn't even need a rideshare.

I'll be taking my first T3 flight on Thursday so excited to see how this all works out.
T2 was great having the Ride Share, Taxi, & Shuttle services in a separate area just past the baggage claim passenger pickup area. Worked well and kept congestion down somewhat!

What gets me is the city is saying that the rideshares have increased airport traffic and that's why they need the increase... and in reality it's that there are SO many people moving to PHX in recent years and airport use & traffic in general has increased just from the volume of people in the area.
Old Feb 10, 20, 5:39 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
T2 was great having the Ride Share, Taxi, & Shuttle services in a separate area just past the baggage claim passenger pickup area. Worked well and kept congestion down somewhat!

What gets me is the city is saying that the rideshares have increased airport traffic and that's why they need the increase... and in reality it's that there are SO many people moving to PHX in recent years and airport use & traffic in general has increased just from the volume of people in the area.
Yeah, do they think rideshares are just circling around waiting for people? I guess before Lyft and Uber people just walked down 143 or 44th and into the terminal...

The only difference between Lyft/Uber and having friends and family drop someone off is that the rideshare driver doesn't (typically) get out and hug you and spend five minutes saying bye while holding up traffic. If there was a way to track friends/family drop offs like they can rideshare I think they'd see an increase there too. If anything rideshare probably helps traffic since they want to get the F out of there and pick up another fare.
JetBunny likes this.

Last edited by bigshooter; Feb 10, 20 at 5:44 pm
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:11 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
New Gates for United T3 in PHX

Have a flight in PHX next week. Will be my first time not flying into the time warp that was terminal 2.

Anyone been thought the new T3 gates (E gates ) , first impressions?
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bcard519 View Post
Have a flight in PHX next week. Will be my first time not flying into the time warp that was terminal 2.

Anyone been thought the new T3 gates (E gates ) , first impressions?
You can find some info on this thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post32056989

Search this Thread