Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PHX T2 United Club Closed, UA Moved to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new T3 UC 27 Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
ETA as of early September 2022: end of September 2022.

Current Status: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/locations/default.aspx/

E-Mail from United on 1/28/2020

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Print Wikipost

PHX T2 United Club Closed, UA Moved to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new T3 UC 27 Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Add me to the list of people who will miss Terminal 2. The PHX RCC was the first one I ever visited (February, 2004) and I have a lot of good memories there. I understand it's now obsolete and too small but 15 years ago when it was my home club it was a good place to relax.
EWR764 and N830MH like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
For whatever reason, it always seems like UA Clubs in new terminals are late to open.
My guess is in the whole priority scheme of things they fall to the bottom of the schedule... You can run a terminal without a club but without gates/bathrooms/etc. It is pretty difficult. Likewise, you might delay a new terminal opening to get gates ready, but if you do the same for a club you have one heck of an asset just wasting away...
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:47 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Without the club at least we'll have something other than OHSO in T3. I'll miss my daytrips to DEN or SFO where I can park and be through security in 10 minutes.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
United moving to PHX terminal 3 on Feb 4, 2020.

Saw a sign board on Monday (1/20/20) indicating that all United operations are moving from T2 to T3 on Feb 4, 2020. Hopefully Uber/Lyft rideshare pickups are as easy through T3, as they were from T2. Really going to miss that terminal.
jasonp622 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by azfanboy
Saw a sign board on Monday (1/20/20) indicating that all United operations are moving from T2 to T3 on Feb 4, 2020. Hopefully Uber/Lyft rideshare pickups are as easy through T3, as they were from T2. Really going to miss that terminal.
Too bad it's not T4 since the Centurion Lounge is there.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Actually, they have an open house on Feb 4 at 4pm to 8:30pm. You always welcome to come. This is for terminal 2 farewell.

See you soon.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Add me to the list of people who will miss Terminal 2. The PHX RCC was the first one I ever visited (February, 2004) and I have a lot of good memories there. I understand it's now obsolete and too small but 15 years ago when it was my home club it was a good place to relax.
I have some "fond" memories as well. I remember when they had a couch in that RCC. But it really did need to go, as many have said too small, bar serves like what 4 people. Food options, if that's what you want to call them were pretty pathetic as well. I'll be curious to see what the new club offers.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm flying out of PHX on the evening of Feb 3. So, that will still be T2, right? But no club?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: CONTINENTAL AND NOW UNITED
Originally Posted by vegasgambler
i'm flying out of phx on the evening of feb 3. So, that will still be t2, right? But no club?
i guess my question is...will there be a new club in terminal 3 right away when they move? Like 1st week in february? Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by REJM
i guess my question is...will there be a new club in terminal 3 right away when they move? Like 1st week in february? Thanks
See the discussion earlier in this thread (around and before post #55 ):

Originally Posted by username
Signs are out for the lounge closure.

Agent said they are moving Monday February 3rd to T3. Club won't be ready for "a good 6 months" according to agent. I didn't think the concourse upgrade in T3 was going to finish this fast.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by username

Agent said they are moving Monday February 3rd to T3. Club won't be ready for "a good 6 months" according to agent. I didn't think the concourse upgrade in T3 was going to finish this fast.
So I assume that means no PHX UC for approximately 6 months?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nomad420
I tend not to trust front line staff on major issues. But since it's literally these people's jobs affected, they are probably right in the idea that it at least won't be "immediately" ready.

Sucks, and shows a lack of commitment to PHX which I find disappointing. Was hoping they'd consider expanding the schedule, but I can understand not wanting/being able to fight AA there.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by nomad420
No, not yet. Right now, they still have to be done construction for approximately 6 months or so. I'm sure if you ask your agent. They will tell you when.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by azfanboy
Yes I too remember UA RCC from those times!

I agree totally. It was old and not stylish and lacking in services but PHX T2 was a flyer's terminal and the benefits and convenience were unbeatable. I could park in long term upper level and walk to the gate in 4 minutes. LT parking was cheap. Terminal small, fast to walk. Nothing unnecessary. It was a great example of practicality in a major US airport. I used it only this weekend. The last time.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This airport ceased being convenient for most visitors when they moved car rental to the Rental Car Center.
lincolnjkc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.