Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PHX T2 United Club Closed, UA Moved to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new T3 UC 27 Sept 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
ETA as of early September 2022: end of September 2022.

Current Status: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/locations/default.aspx/

E-Mail from United on 1/28/2020

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Print Wikipost

PHX T2 United Club Closed, UA Moved to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new T3 UC 27 Sept 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ms_go
Old news, I'm sure, but I guess I missed the fact that United now has a satellite crew base in Phoenix. The flight attendant crew on our flight to Chicago was announced as "Phoenix based." I searched and sure enough...
https://www.azfamily.com/news/united...2dcc7ea76.html
The announcement emphasizes how this is great for FAs living in PHX and UA takes care of them.
Just wondering, if there is any cost associated with satellite crew bases, or if it is a win/win for FAs and the airline.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
Glad to know this, as I can't find *any* information about a new UC. Where'd you get the confirmation?

Given that DL threw down the gauntlet with their new SkyClub I am hoping at UA responds in kind as opposed to just throwing in the towel.
I have nothing germane to add...I just admired your use of metaphor!!!
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
The announcement emphasizes how this is great for FAs living in PHX and UA takes care of them.
Just wondering, if there is any cost associated with satellite crew bases, or if it is a win/win for FAs and the airline.
This might veer a bit off topic, but I wonder if that intimates that UA will indeed up their total flights from PHX when they move to T3? Which I guess would be a sign that the new UC will be...maybe not bad

(I substituted "intimates" for of 'hints at" just for Trooper.)
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:41 am

There is now a sign in the club stating the last day for the club is February 3rd. From my understanding (based on the club bartender, so YMMV), the new club will not be ready by the time UA moves to Terminal 3.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
When will UA be moving to the new terminal?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, Accor Group Gold
There is now a sign in the club stating the last day for the club is February 3rd.
I wonder if that will be the move date for all UA operations to T3? If so I've got an Asia trip booked, looks like I'll depart T2, and return T3
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by EWR764
When will UA be moving to the new terminal?
I was there a month ago and someone told me "February" for T3.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I was there a month ago and someone told me "February" for T3.
This is unfortunate, love terminal 2
JetBunny and azfanboy like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler 1K, AA Plat, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat etc etc
Originally Posted by jasonp622
This is unfortunate, love terminal 2
I'll miss the carpeting with the planes! And the easy access drive-up, and the quick 7 to 10 minutes from drop off to the Club!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Signs are out for the lounge closure.

Agent said they are moving Monday February 3rd to T3. Club won't be ready for "a good 6 months" according to agent. I didn't think the concourse upgrade in T3 was going to finish this fast.

Updated on 1/28 per e-mail from United:

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.*

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Last edited by username; Jan 28, 2020 at 7:44 am
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Really sad to see Terminal 2 go. I once ordered an Uber while still in seat 2B and it took me 7 minutes to walk from the seat to the curb side Uber pickup area which coincided with my Uber arriving. This made me irrationally happy.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
For whatever reason, it always seems like UA Clubs in new terminals are late to open.
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
While certainly convenient gate to curb, T2 is a dump, with abysmal food options and a tiny, loud UC. I came through T3 in November on DL . . . it was much nicer, and not that much farther gate to curb. This will overall be a much improved airport experience for UA flyers.
EWR764 and Air Houston like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by EWR764
For whatever reason, it always seems like UA Clubs in new terminals are late to open.
Totally agree. #nola
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by username
Signs are out for the lounge closure.

Agent said they are moving Monday February 3rd to T3. Club won't be ready for "a good 6 months" according to agent. I didn't think the concourse upgrade in T3 was going to finish this fast.
God I hope they're wrong. First world problem, I know, but that's kind of a silly timeline considering Delta managed to open their lounge 1 day after the south concourse opened.
EWR764 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.