Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 3, 22, 7:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: username
Wiki Link
Still not open. Projected opening is Fall of 2022.

Current Status: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../default.aspx/

E-Mail from United on 1/28/2020

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 27, 19, 11:30 am

OHSO wasn't open? Great beer and food!
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I think I posted this on another thread, but it is confirmed that UA will have a (larger) United Club in the new PHX T3 concourse when it opens...
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by EWR764; Jun 27, 19 at 11:56 am
Old Jun 27, 19, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by timezone_trooper View Post
Just visited this UC and agree that it's one of the weaker clubs across the system. The food layout was standard but looked haphazardly arranged, it was incredibly warm in the club (6am departure) and the bathrooms are not sized for the number of people present. T2 was pretty abysmal and it reminded me of the A gates out of which UA flies at BNA. Both very dated with bad food choices and in desperate need of refresh.
I agree that Terminal 2 is outdated with limited food options but the easy check in, security and drop off/pick up is a fair trade off. BNA gate A is just a terrible hallway and you have to deal with every airline at check in/security/parking/pickup. Also, even though the club is sad at PHX, at least there is one.
JetBunny likes this.
Old Jun 27, 19, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 4.94 MM, Delta 1.4MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
I think I posted this on another thread, but it is confirmed that UA will have a (larger) United Club in the new PHX T3 concourse when it opens...
+1
Old Jun 27, 19, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Is there a schedule when flights and the club will move to the new terminal? I’ll be through PHX in November and it would be nice to see the new terminal and club.
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Terminal 2 is old but convenient.

The Phase 3 of Terminal 3 won't be done until some time 2020.

https://www.skyharbor.com/TerminalMo...sked-questions
Old Jun 28, 19, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
So there won't be any UC club until then? That's a bummer.
Old Jun 28, 19, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
So there won't be any UC club until then? That's a bummer.
Just the current club in Terminal 2...
JHake10 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 19, 10:01 pm

Programs: A few here and there
5pm

I've recently started flying to PHX a lot and at 5 pm this club is standing room only. The staff just shrugs and tells people to sit around the corner outside.

Its way too small for the rush crowds.
Old Jun 28, 19, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonp622 View Post
I agree that Terminal 2 is outdated with limited food options but the easy check in, security and drop off/pick up is a fair trade off.
I will miss Terminal 2 for those very reasons. Plus the easy walk from the adjacent West Economy $7/day lot,
cesco.g, zambonisk and SightseeMC like this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 4:13 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
Glad to know this, as I can't find *any* information about a new UC. Where'd you get the confirmation?

Given that DL threw down the gauntlet with their new SkyClub I am hoping at UA responds in kind as opposed to just throwing in the towel.
Old Oct 30, 19, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SightseeMC View Post
Glad to know this, as I can't find *any* information about a new UC. Where'd you get the confirmation?
It's common knowledge at PHX. The agents mentioned early 2020 when I was in there a couple weeks ago. I'm sure the new club will be the new style build. Like SEA, SAN, BOS, etc. I wouldn't expect LAX quality food. This is not a high dollar station for UA. They've actually been cutting capacity lately (down to three SFO dailies some days, one on UX).
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Oct 30, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
It's common knowledge at PHX. The agents mentioned early 2020 when I was in there a couple weeks ago. I'm sure the new club will be the new style build. Like SEA, SAN, BOS, etc. I wouldn't expect LAX quality food. This is not a high dollar station for UA. They've actually been cutting capacity lately (down to three SFO dailies some days, one on UX).
I mentioned elsewhere that I see no competition/international capacity that would drive LAX quality here. I'm just hoping for "decently good", as I will pass through numerous times a year, but haven't spoken to any GA about it yet. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Oct 30, 19, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
The "old" UC was a closet so I guess anything is an improvement.
cesco.g and Zeug like this.
Old Oct 31, 19, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA PLAT 1MM
I asked this morning when passing through the UC in Phoenix. Agent said the target date to move ops to Terminal 3 is Feb 3 (or so) but the new UC there may take a few more months after that to complete.

Old news, I'm sure, but I guess I missed the fact that United now has a satellite crew base in Phoenix. The flight attendant crew on our flight to Chicago was announced as "Phoenix based." I searched and sure enough...
https://www.azfamily.com/news/united...2dcc7ea76.html

Search this Thread