Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 3, 22, 7:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: username
Wiki Link
Still not open. Projected opening is Fall of 2022.

Current Status: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../default.aspx/

E-Mail from United on 1/28/2020

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 4, 19, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm sorry, I'm in this club at least 4 times a year, and it sucks. The food options are the worst of any UC I frequent and if there's one loud guy at the bar, everybody in the entire club gets to listen to him.

The fact that the terminal itself is awful doesn't make the club any better relative to other UCs in the system.
Old Apr 4, 19, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Granted that my flight was early and involved a trip from Scottsdale at an ungodly hour, and I was severely hung over, but from the moment I got out of the Uber my reaction was “what sort of third world hell hole have I gotten into? The club did nothing to change that thought. The experience makes IAD look good. Totally third world.
Old Apr 4, 19, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exleftseat View Post
Latest I heard is that UA will move to the new terminal by the end of the year. Some staff thought that to be unrealistic due to the holidays, but the consensus was that the move will be done by Feb 2020.
I imagine that will go along with new UC facilities. Given that, it is understandable that UA refrains from investing in the current Club hard product.
Soft product is a different story of course.
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:01 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I'm sorry, I'm in this club at least 4 times a year, and it sucks. The food options are the worst of any UC I frequent and if there's one loud guy at the bar, everybody in the entire club gets to listen to him.

The fact that the terminal itself is awful doesn't make the club any better relative to other UCs in the system.
I flew into PHX on Delta recently...Thanks to my Amex, I get access to the SkyClubs...Stopped in when I landed. Wow. Just wow. While new, this 'outstation' club's food was simply amazing. "New" feel to it notwithstanding, green chile burritos among 3 other hot dishes, 2 soups, more salads than I could ever want and other assorted finger foods.

My outbound was on UA and went to the PHX club...Yeah. No.

If UA is indeed opening a new club in PHX, it might match the newness and ambiance of the DL club--but I have a feeling DL will still kill it on the soft product.

Last edited by MBS MillionMiler; Apr 5, 19 at 7:20 am
Old Apr 5, 19, 7:04 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Just visited this UC and agree that it's one of the weaker clubs across the system. The food layout was standard but looked haphazardly arranged, it was incredibly warm in the club (6am departure) and the bathrooms are not sized for the number of people present. T2 was pretty abysmal and it reminded me of the A gates out of which UA flies at BNA. Both very dated with bad food choices and in desperate need of refresh.
Old Apr 5, 19, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
This was the last UC/RCC to have a couch. I remember when they took it out I asked why. They said too many people were sleeping there and that all remaining couches were being removed from the clubs. It also use to close basically after the last out bound UA flight so you really couldn't use it if you were on another carrier that left late in the day.
Old Jun 27, 19, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Glad it's June and not November (United Club)

I'm in PHX T2 right now flying Alaska but didn't get on the first flight of the day. There's nowhere on the concourse except a restaurant to sit down with anything resembling a desk, so I popped into the UC to work. Is it a $59 lounge? Not usually, I think the breakfast pastries are pretty dreadful. But this early in the day there is ample soft seating, and more importantly for me there's a business center, coffee, and clean restrooms.

If it was November I'd be out in the figurative cold using PTO. Thanks United for the hospitality!

(And yes, $59 was worth saving the PTO since that cannot be purchased from the company, it can only be accrued).
Old Jun 27, 19, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
I'm in PHX T2 right now flying Alaska but didn't get on the first flight of the day. There's nowhere on the concourse except a restaurant to sit down with anything resembling a desk, so I popped into the UC to work. Is it a $59 lounge? Not usually, I think the breakfast pastries are pretty dreadful. But this early in the day there is ample soft seating, and more importantly for me there's a business center, coffee, and clean restrooms.
PHX T2 is one of the worst terminals in the US. Even this relatively crappy UC is a huge improvement.
EWR764 and findark like this.
Old Jun 27, 19, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
PHX T2 is one of the worst terminals in the US. Even this relatively crappy UC is a huge improvement.
+1. I spent a Chase pass there after a flight delay, and that was an excellent decision despite the quality of the UC.
Old Jun 27, 19, 10:31 am

I'm missing something: what does November or June have to do with this? Is the Club closing, or was it closed?
Old Jun 27, 19, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
I'm missing something: what does November or June have to do with this? Is the Club closing, or was it closed?
OP says they flew AS, so in Nov they would not be able to use the UC.

But it was a convoluted post... still trying to figure out the PTO reference.
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:04 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + UA Plat + AS MVP 75k Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 View Post
This thread actually raises a question: at several airports, including PHX, Alaska contracts with United for lounge access. Should a United Club member fly Alaska through one of these airports post the 11/1 devaluation, would lounge access be granted? For what it is worth I've been able to use my United Club membership at the ANC AS lounge, too.
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)

PTO is paid time off (vacation balance). I just meant that I've been here long enough that getting work accomplished was worth the admission price.
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:18 am

Ah, thanks.

Yes, I tripped up on the PTO reference too but figured that OP decided to work from the UC, and the job has enough flexibility that it can count that as a remote work day rather than a paid time off day.
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,

i think the point was that.. <deleted>.

Search this Thread