Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

PHX T2 United Club Closing, UA Moving to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new UC date unknown

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 3, 22, 7:20 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: username
Wiki Link
Still not open. Projected opening is Fall of 2022.

Current Status: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../default.aspx/

E-Mail from United on 1/28/2020

We're changing terminals. Starting February 4, all our flights will depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3. If you're arriving in to Phoenix after 6 p.m. on February 3, you'll arrive at Terminal 3 as well.

United Club closure. Because of our move to Terminal 3, the United Club℠ location in Terminal 2 will close February 3. We're looking forward to bringing you a brand-new space in Terminal 3 later this year.

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 15, 22, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA PLAT 1MM
I flew home from PHX again a little over a week ago and asked another gate agent about status. The answer this time was "Labor Day."
SPN Lifer and N830MH like this.
Old Apr 15, 22, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.8MM, Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by seattletraveller View Post
The Alaska Airlines website still says the Sky Harbor United Club is one of their partner lounges. When the United lounge opens, will Alaska lounge pass holders get in? I hope so since the Alaska gates are right across the hall and there is no Alaska lounge at PHX. We have access to the American lounges but they're all in T4 and taking the Sky Train and going through security twice is not a workable option.
With all respect, I hope not!
Unless AS wants to open up its ANC/SEA lounges to UC members?
Old Apr 15, 22, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalServices1 View Post
Got tired of waiting for the PHX United Club to open and now have an American Express Platinum Card.
Gains entry to the PHX Escape Lounge and the AmEx Centurion Lounge in Terminal 4, plus a Priority Pass membership that we've used multiple times in airports with no United Club.

To be perfectly candid, the value of the United Club membership is declining faster than the Mileage Plus Program.

And while I'm typing this, United sends out their announcement about expanding the Denver and New York clubs......
Hey United, I've been waiting 3 years for PHX,to open, and you haven't reduced my club fee,
Last week I flew PHX - IAD on American and used the AmEx lounge in Terminal 4, it's very nice with better food than any domestic United club.
Can't really disagree with you anymore. I get Centurion Lounge access there through my wife's card (when we travel together). Having said that , when this new UC at Sky Harbor finally opens it has to be an improvement over the old club which was pretty much a joke of a club.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old May 7, 22, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
No, not yet -- later this summer?
See below! He says UC will open in the Fall 2022. They haven't hired new construction worker yet. They are trying to find the construction worker. They supposed to be done in the Fall.

Originally Posted by ms_go View Post
I flew home from PHX again a little over a week ago and asked another gate agent about status. The answer this time was "Labor Day."
Got it. Guess they have wait in the Fall. Still no construction workers yet. Guess they won't be ready in the Fall or so. We won't know for sure.
Old May 16, 22, 5:52 pm

Programs: *G, AA, UA 1 Million
Originally Posted by nomad420 View Post
Can't really disagree with you anymore. I get Centurion Lounge access there through my wife's card (when we travel together). Having said that , when this new UC at Sky Harbor finally opens it has to be an improvement over the old club which was pretty much a joke of a club.
Agree, the old club was pitiful. Was in Denver last week, what a mess, one club closed for remodeling the other packed like a tin of sardines.

AmEx is changing the Centurion Club access policy Feb, 2023. A Platinum card holder will no longer be able to bring in a (free) guest, the fee will be $50. Under the program I'm using to get the Platinum card a partner / spouse card is free, so my wife now has her own AmEx Platinum Card. The $75,000 spend requirement for free guest access is a wee bit silly. With all the vanity card options available today there are better deals out there.

NOTE: CENTURION® LOUNGE COMPLIMENTARY GUEST ACCESS CHANGES EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2023
U.S. Platinum Card® and U.S. Business Platinum Card® Members will be charged a $50 USD fee for each guest (or $30 for children aged 2 through 17, with proof of age). U.S. Platinum Card® and U.S. Business Platinum Card® Members will qualify for Complimentary Guest Access for up to two guests per visit after spending $75,000 in eligible purchases on their Card between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 and in each calendar year thereafter
Old May 19, 22, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GlobalServices1 View Post
Agree, the old club was pitiful.
I've always been nostalgic for that old club. It was the first RCC I ever visited way back in February, 2004. When I lived in Phoenix I had a lot of nice visits there and at least from 2004-2010 I found the lounge rarely crowded. There were friendly employees too. It was definitely on the small side though.
EWR764 and jasonp622 like this.
Old May 19, 22, 8:04 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I've always been nostalgic for that old club. It was the first RCC I ever visited way back in February, 2004. When I lived in Phoenix I had a lot of nice visits there and at least from 2004-2010 I found the lounge rarely crowded. There were friendly employees too. It was definitely on the small side though.
I agree... some good memories there. I also preferred the old T2 to any of the current facilities for ease of in-and-out. Short walks to the curb, not terribly busy, and the RCC/UC was an adequate place to wait for a short time before boarding.

The renovated T3 is nice, but much busier, longer walks and, of course, a multiyear delay for what will ultimately be a pretty small, basic United Club.
Old May 19, 22, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've got to disagree on T3 vs. the old T2. Especially in its last few years, T2 was an absolute dump, with inadequate HVAC, terribly overcrowded gate areas, inadequate restrooms, and awful concessions. The new T3 is really nice and it's also quite compact (especially on the UA/AS side, with slightly longer walks on the DL side). So much better than T4, which is one of the worst major airport experiences in the country IMO. The only real negative for the new T3 is you frequently get longer taxis, since most flights use the southern runways (7/25) for arrivals and departures, whereas the UA gates are on the north side of the airport (as at LAX, DL snagged the best gates for getting in and out quickly).

I did see signs of work (including a big new banner) outside the new UC last week. Have my doubts it will open before my UC membership expires in October.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old May 19, 22, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I liked the team at the old PHX club. All knew me to the point that the bartender would see me coming and make my favorite drink. The lady with either a hearing/speech issue would all but give me a hug when I came in. Relatively boring club, but the staff rocked.
Old May 19, 22, 10:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I've got to disagree on T3 vs. the old T2. Especially in its last few years, T2 was an absolute dump, with inadequate HVAC, terribly overcrowded gate areas, inadequate restrooms, and awful concessions. The new T3 is really nice and it's also quite compact (especially on the UA/AS side, with slightly longer walks on the DL side). So much better than T4, which is one of the worst major airport experiences in the country IMO. The only real negative for the new T3 is you frequently get longer taxis, since most flights use the southern runways (7/25) for arrivals and departures, whereas the UA gates are on the north side of the airport (as at LAX, DL snagged the best gates for getting in and out quickly).

I did see signs of work (including a big new banner) outside the new UC last week. Have my doubts it will open before my UC membership expires in October.
I hear that, but I look at it as a old LGA vs. new LGA situation. The physical facility is orders of magnitude nicer, but in terms of speed/ease of use, T2 was pretty solid. But yes, late in the game, a dump sorely in need of replacement.

As far as best gates for getting in and out quickly at LAX, I don't know how it gets much better than UA's location for operations on the south complex, which is pretty much the norm for me as a user coming from the East.
Old Jun 4, 22, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not flown since February 2020 and I wonder how the world of travel has changed. I guess with the UC situation at PHX, nothing has changed in the last 2+ years
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:32 am

Maybe things are happening?

Sodexo has three job openings posted for United Club Sky Harbor so they must be thinking that they will be opening fairly soon.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by seattletraveller View Post
Sodexo has three job openings posted for United Club Sky Harbor so they must be thinking that they will be opening fairly soon.
Interesting that it's Sodexo. UA switched to Flik and I thought that was all locations.

Search this Thread