Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United 2012 SFO Family Day Plane Pull (FT Team Wins!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United 2012 SFO Family Day Plane Pull (FT Team Wins!)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Can I still join the plane pull?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:16 pm

Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow with a Seat in the Fully Reclined Position
Programs: UA Global Services, UA 2 MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Honors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
William:

Please let me know if there are open slots for the plane pull. Would love to be a part of one of the teams. Also, I am a tug of war champ if that helps the odds.

Tom
Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:42 pm

If there`s still space available I`m interested. Either time will work for me. Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM
[B]danM, General_Flyer, hopegrad, sfo752 you are in at 2PM!

See you tomorrow...

Last edited by snowed; Oct 8, 2012 at 11:04 am Reason: Removed link
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:12 am
Original Poster

If you sent me your completed form I will have a copy with me tomorrow but please bring yours just in case.

If you did not return the form or just received it please bring it with you tomorrow.

See you at 12:30PM and 2PM for the pulls!

The staging area will be behind the A320 we will be pulling which is usually the first United plane you will pass as you enter the event. Please arrive at the time you signed up for as we do have alternates for both time slots and it is on a first come basis. As I have pulled before myself and my +1 will be more than happy to sit out and let you pull should we have too many pullers.

Hope you all have fun tomorrow.

William

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 7, 2012 at 12:55 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I wish we could pull the retro jet! (though I know people usually want to tour it..)
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I wish we could pull the retro jet! (though I know people usually want to tour it..)
I wish we are pulling 787...
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: UA Global Services, UA 2 MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Honors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Hi Everyone:

I was on a legit pull team in college. Long story short, we had to pull a couple hundred yard rope with a sophomore team (my team) on one side of a river and a freshmen team on the other. Man, that was a long time ago but the taste of victory is still sweeter than any hot fudge sundae, freshly baked cookie or glass of bubbly served to me on a flight to Europe. Let's show the other teams tomorrow that sitting in first class (on occasion) has not made us soft.

See you at the pull,

Tom
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by garykung
That's too easy.. Let's pull the 747

Originally Posted by hopegrad
Hi Everyone:

I was on a legit pull team in college. Long story short, we had to pull a couple hundred yard rope with a sophomore team (my team) on one side of a river and a freshmen team on the other. Man, that was a long time ago but the taste of victory is still sweeter than any hot fudge sundae, freshly baked cookie or glass of bubbly served to me on a flight to Europe. Let's show the other teams tomorrow that sitting in first class (on occasion) has not made us soft.

See you at the pull,

Tom
No wonder they made the F cookies smaller

Looking forward to tomorrow!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Good to hear!

Hi Everyone:

See you at the pull,

Tom
Next year!

Nice!

Looking forward to tomorrow!
Me too.

I will have blank forms with me and will be checking the thread during the event.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 7, 2012 at 10:31 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Let's borrow an A380 from SQ......

Let's show the other teams tomorrow that sitting in first class (on occasion) has not made us soft.
Sorry I travel most in E+ only

Beside I have to pull 2 teams. So should I extend my "sportsmanship" to both teams?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:35 am

Let's borrow an A380 from SQ......

Sorry I travel most in E+ only

Beside I have to pull 2 teams. So should I extend my "sportsmanship" to both teams?
Gary:

I think you need to pull up lame in the first outing only to have a heroic recovery for the second. It will become FlyerTalk legend I tell ya.

Tom
Old Oct 7, 2012, 8:00 am
mp2

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by danM
I love it -- Flyertalk child care! Count me in for the 2 pm one, then. I have a feeling the kids will be impressed that their daddy can pull an airplane...
great idea, I wish I could join in. My toddler is in his stranger anxiety phase right now, so wil have to skip it this year. will take pictures though at the 2 pm one. I had uploaded the video for last years pull, so will attempt to take one this year too
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

I was just told I could only pick one of the teams to participate in...
Old Oct 7, 2012, 2:37 pm

Is it too late to get in on the 2pm plane pull? Just got into family day via two litter about 15 min ago. Can sign waivers there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.