FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1393619-consolidated-ua-757-300-seating-ife-etc-thread.html)

lensman Jan 20, 2014 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by iquitos (Post 22191852)
Day, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
Wed, 22JAN14 UA1298 G WASHINGTON, DC
(IAD - DULLES) 8:40 AM LOS ANGELES, CA
(LAX) 11:22 AM 757-300

One miserable acft. No e+ No AVOD, miserable CO crew. AVOID at all cost. They dump the early arriving Middle East and Brazil flight pax on this one to LAX. Poor people. I just got rebooked on it due to WX at IAD on the 22nd. If this is an example of their pre merger product CO was one miserable airline.

I'm not sure where you're seeing that there's no E+. From the flight status its:
Aircraft: Boeing 757-300 aircraft #3862

There's currently only one non-exit-row E+ seat available and it's seat 11E. 3862 is one of the old TZ 757-300s with overhead video and no power.

BTW, how is this aircraft that much different in E+ from the well-loved pmUA domestic 752?

mduell Jan 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 22191873)
:confused:
No UA 757-300 is recorded with less than 57 E+ seats
9 with AVOD and 12 with overhead cabin displays

DTV ain't AVOD.

BlackBear05 Aug 3, 2014 6:25 pm

I've never flown a 753 before, Does 8DEF have a foot cutout? thanks

SevenandForty Aug 6, 2014 1:28 am

I didn't see anything about this earlier so sorry if it was posted earlier, but do the seats in rows 16-19 have power, and are they the only E- seats that do? (i.e. do rows 22-41 not have power?)

WineCountryUA Oct 5, 2014 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by BlackBear05 (Post 23304770)
I've never flown a 753 before, Does 8DEF have a foot cutout? thanks

bump - also curious
7ABC, 8DEF vs Row 21? comments?

riphamilton Oct 5, 2014 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 23631447)
bump - also curious
7ABC, 8DEF vs Row 21? comments?

i avoid row 21 because the seat padding is incredibly thin.

i don't usually notice exit row padding being thinner, but it's miserable in the 753.

i usually pick row 10 in the 752 because it's far enough away from the lav and you get two full windows. not sure if that's the case with the 753, but if i had to pick a 753 E+ seat it would be in row 9 or 10.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...avy-folks.html

WineCountryUA Oct 6, 2014 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 23631447)
bump - also curious
7ABC, 8DEF ....

Answering my question

7ABC -- main exit, lots of eg space, DirecTV in arm rests, galley close by
8DEF traditional bulkhead -- OK legspace but not too different from rest of E+, no cutouts -- galley (entrance) is to the side row 7 and not an issue for 8DEF

both have fixed arm rests and narrow seat width -- guessing just under 17 inches with fixed arm rests (and Row 21 is likely the same)

ORDnHKG Oct 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Anyone noticed the 757-300 that doesn't have PTV and still have the drop down LCD screen uses a two prong plug for headset ?

Last Saturday I flew on one and was quite surprised the headset in the seat back pocket is a one prong plug, but the seat itself use two prongs, fortunately I always carried a few of those PMCO earbuds as back up, and you know those PMCO earbuds always come with an adapter, while the headset provided with UA have no adapter whatsoever, so I see my neighbors plug in the UA headset into the two prong plugs of course it wouldn't work at all. If I remembered, some of those PMCO 738 that still have no DirecTV and use drop down LCD screens also use has the two prong plugs as well.

I wonder if UA even realize that at all, basically no adapters means no entertainment ! I did write it down in the comments when I sent in the survey that I received yesterday.

mgcsinc Oct 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Each plug in the two-prong setup is a single mono channel. So if the single plug headphones "wouldn't work at all," there was something more substantial wrong with the equipment.

WineCountryUA Oct 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 23689280)
Anyone noticed the 757-300 that doesn't have PTV and still have the drop down LCD screen uses a two prong plug for headset ?....

per https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking

9 have DirecTV
3 have streaming sat Wifi
9 have overhead displays (and one of those has sat WiFi)

No need for the headset adapter, just plug your headset into either one when confronted with a dual plug outlet.

ORDnHKG Oct 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 23689331)
Each plug in the two-prong setup is a single mono channel. So if the single plug headphones "wouldn't work at all," there was something more substantial wrong with the equipment.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 23689342)
No need for the headset adapter, just plug your headset into either one when confronted with a dual plug outlet.

You sure about that ?

If a single plug headphone would work on a two prong seat, then PMCO wouldn't even bother to spend extra money to include an adapter inside those old earbuds bag.

I had tried this myself in the past, if my headset is one prong plug into a two prong plug, it just would be really loose and won't attach to the plug itself, not to mention no sound at all.

WineCountryUA Oct 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 23736160)
You sure about that ?

If a single plug headphone would work on a two prong seat, then PMCO wouldn't even bother to spend extra money to include an adapter inside those old earbuds bag.

I had tried this myself in the past, if my headset is one prong plug into a two prong plug, it just would be really loose and won't attach to the plug itself, not to mention no sound at all.

Ages ago some two prong systems had different plug sizes, but for awhile they have been identical sizes and definitely are in BF suites for sCO.

JetAirways77W Dec 10, 2014 3:21 pm

pmCO 753 or old ATA 753?

Flying BOS-SFO-KOA, KOA-LAX, LAX-IAH-BOS on the 18th, 24th, and 27th respectively. UA1758 BOS-SFO and UA1205 KOA-LAX are operated by 753's. How to know if they're the newer pmCO ones or the really tired ATA birds? Just asking for flight logging purposes.

sbm12 Dec 10, 2014 3:24 pm

Do you need to know in advance?

You can always cross-reference the ship number to the fleet list site: https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking. I believe aircraft 60-71 are the ATA planes while 51-59 are the CO deliveries.

JetAirways77W Dec 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 23976168)
Do you need to know in advance?

You can always cross-reference the ship number to the fleet list site: https://sites.google.com/site/united...fleet-tracking. I believe aircraft 60-71 are the ATA planes while 51-59 are the CO deliveries.

No, I don't need to know in advance. I already had that page bookmarked. I just wanted to see if someone knew if what planes are used on BOS-SFO and KOA-LAX.