Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I prefer row 6 where I can recline and have a feeling of privacy.
Does row 6 recline more than the other seats?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nomorecoach
Does row 6 recline more than the other seats?
I feel like it does, and since no one is behind me, I never feel bad reclining all the way back.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I feel like it does, and since no one is behind me, I never feel bad reclining all the way back.
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind sitting in the back if it weren't for that bathroom. Argh!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
With my change to Plat, my questions in these seating threads have moved from Y to F

Have a redeye coming up (cleared at T-96 due to the midnight bug!) and am trying to sleep on the flight. Can I get confirmation that the following is true on all of the 753s:

1A and 1B both have great cutouts.

1E and 1F do not.

Row 6 has great recline despite the lavatory/galley behind.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
With my change to Plat, my questions in these seating threads have moved from Y to F

Have a redeye coming up (cleared at T-96 due to the midnight bug!) and am trying to sleep on the flight. Can I get confirmation that the following is true on all of the 753s:

1E and 1F do not.

If people keep calling it a bug they might eventually fix it. I like to call it the midnight feature
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1E and 1F do not.

A&B have cavernous individual cut-outs - best in the UA fleet - I kid you not. My favorite seat on a 753 day flight is 1B, on a red-eye, 1A.

E&F have NO cut-out and limited legroom. I wonder why people select those seats, unless they are so fearful of missing their meal choice.

Row 6, IMHO has no better recline than any other. The nice thing about row 6 is nobody pulls on your seat to extract themselves from theirs. I find the noise/chemical odor of forward coach toilet to be annoying, though (less so in 6F). Enjoy.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jul 18, 2013 at 9:06 pm
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
If people keep calling it a bug they might eventually fix it. I like to call it the midnight feature

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Row 6, IMHO has no better recline than any other.
But no worse than the other rows? On either side of the aisle?

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Enjoy.
Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But no worse than the other rows? On either side of the aisle?Thanks!
I notice no difference across the row. No less recline (or more) than the other seats in the cabin.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:40 pm

I'm a new user, apologize if this is on the wrong thread but haven't been able to find a better thread for this question.

I will be flying red-eye on a 737-900, trying to figure out which FC seat would be best to get some sleep. options include all of the seats in row 1 and row 5 and 7 other seats in the rows in between. any recommendations? does anyone know if seat 1a has a leg cutout on this plane? i'm not very tall, but still want to stretch out to sleep.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by daytonflyer418
I'm a new user, apologize if this is on the wrong thread but haven't been able to find a better thread for this question.

I will be flying red-eye on a 737-900, trying to figure out which FC seat would be best to get some sleep. options include all of the seats in row 1 and row 5 and 7 other seats in the rows in between. any recommendations? does anyone know if seat 1a has a leg cutout on this plane? i'm not very tall, but still want to stretch out to sleep.
Try taking a look at some of the posts above.

I got great sleep in 1A.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:22 am

Try taking a look at some of the posts above.

I got great sleep in 1A.
thanks, I wasn't sure if the cutouts mentioned would apply to the 739 aircraft or not. I've read one report that the 739 doesn't have cutouts in row 1 and that 1a and b can be uncomfortable due to lack of legroom. were you in 1A on a 739?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:06 pm

Anyone know off-hand whether the armrests in row 21 are movable?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 3:27 pm

Anyone know off-hand whether the armrests in row 21 are movable?
I have now watched a YouTube walk-through video, pausing as the crappy camera pans blurrily across the row 21 armrests and I think they look movable? Maybe?

If someone has a 753 segment in row 21 coming up and can check, I would be very much appreciative.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone have any experience in row 7? Currently booked on the 753 LAX-EWR red-eye w/ a companion in row 8 B&C. 7 ABC are available and look like they have more legroom and no one reclining into you, but armrests are fixed. (Row 21 B&C are also available, if folks think that is better? Also, curious as to armrest issue raised in prior post...)

I'm 6'7" and just looking to get some sleep so legroom is my #1.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Just finished flying a newly configured 757-300 on ANC-IAH. One of the most comfortable flights I've ever had in coach. More seat pitch than usual in E+. I'm 5'11" and could completely stretch my legs. Also seemed like there was extra recline. The DTV was having some issues, but I slept nearly the entire flight.

Had seat 10A, which is a normal E+ seat.

Thumbs up to UA on this reconfiguration. Will now look for the 753 any chance I get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.