FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1393619-consolidated-ua-757-300-seating-ife-etc-thread.html)

nomorecoach Jun 10, 13 8:36 am


Originally Posted by LASUA1K (Post 20892600)
I prefer row 6 where I can recline and have a feeling of privacy.

Does row 6 recline more than the other seats?

LASUA1K Jun 10, 13 9:42 am


Originally Posted by nomorecoach (Post 20895867)
Does row 6 recline more than the other seats?

I feel like it does, and since no one is behind me, I never feel bad reclining all the way back.

nomorecoach Jun 10, 13 11:49 pm


Originally Posted by LASUA1K (Post 20896218)
I feel like it does, and since no one is behind me, I never feel bad reclining all the way back.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind sitting in the back if it weren't for that bathroom. Argh!

mgcsinc Jul 18, 13 9:10 pm

With my change to Plat, my questions in these seating threads have moved from Y to F :)

Have a redeye coming up (cleared at T-96 due to the midnight bug!) and am trying to sleep on the flight. Can I get confirmation that the following is true on all of the 753s:

1A and 1B both have great cutouts.

1E and 1F do not.

Row 6 has great recline despite the lavatory/galley behind.

Baze Jul 18, 13 9:20 pm


Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 21121947)
With my change to Plat, my questions in these seating threads have moved from Y to F :)

Have a redeye coming up (cleared at T-96 due to the midnight bug!) and am trying to sleep on the flight. Can I get confirmation that the following is true on all of the 753s:

1A and 1B both have great cutouts.

1E and 1F do not.

Row 6 has great recline despite the lavatory/galley behind.

If people keep calling it a bug they might eventually fix it. I like to call it the midnight feature :D

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jul 18, 13 9:26 pm


Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 21121947)
With my change to Plat, my questions in these seating threads have moved from Y to F :)

Have a redeye coming up (cleared at T-96 due to the midnight bug!) and am trying to sleep on the flight. Can I get confirmation that the following is true on all of the 753s:

1A and 1B both have great cutouts.

1E and 1F do not.

Row 6 has great recline despite the lavatory/galley behind.

A&B have cavernous individual cut-outs - best in the UA fleet - I kid you not. My favorite seat on a 753 day flight is 1B, on a red-eye, 1A.

E&F have NO cut-out and limited legroom. I wonder why people select those seats, unless they are so fearful of missing their meal choice.

Row 6, IMHO has no better recline than any other. The nice thing about row 6 is nobody pulls on your seat to extract themselves from theirs. I find the noise/chemical odor of forward coach toilet to be annoying, though (less so in 6F). Enjoy.

mgcsinc Jul 18, 13 11:43 pm


Originally Posted by Baze (Post 21121988)
If people keep calling it a bug they might eventually fix it. I like to call it the midnight feature :D

;)


Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 21122014)
Row 6, IMHO has no better recline than any other.

But no worse than the other rows? On either side of the aisle?


Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 21122014)
Enjoy.

Thanks!

IAH-OIL-TRASH Jul 18, 13 11:49 pm


Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 21122547)
;)But no worse than the other rows? On either side of the aisle?Thanks!

I notice no difference across the row. No less recline (or more) than the other seats in the cabin.

daytonflyer418 Jul 26, 13 12:40 am

I'm a new user, apologize if this is on the wrong thread but haven't been able to find a better thread for this question.

I will be flying red-eye on a 737-900, trying to figure out which FC seat would be best to get some sleep. options include all of the seats in row 1 and row 5 and 7 other seats in the rows in between. any recommendations? does anyone know if seat 1a has a leg cutout on this plane? i'm not very tall, but still want to stretch out to sleep.

mgcsinc Jul 26, 13 12:57 am


Originally Posted by daytonflyer418 (Post 21160060)
I'm a new user, apologize if this is on the wrong thread but haven't been able to find a better thread for this question.

I will be flying red-eye on a 737-900, trying to figure out which FC seat would be best to get some sleep. options include all of the seats in row 1 and row 5 and 7 other seats in the rows in between. any recommendations? does anyone know if seat 1a has a leg cutout on this plane? i'm not very tall, but still want to stretch out to sleep.

Try taking a look at some of the posts above.

I got great sleep in 1A.

daytonflyer418 Jul 26, 13 1:22 am


Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 21160103)
Try taking a look at some of the posts above.

I got great sleep in 1A.

thanks, I wasn't sure if the cutouts mentioned would apply to the 739 aircraft or not. I've read one report that the 739 doesn't have cutouts in row 1 and that 1a and b can be uncomfortable due to lack of legroom. were you in 1A on a 739?

mgcsinc Jul 30, 13 3:06 pm

Anyone know off-hand whether the armrests in row 21 are movable?

mgcsinc Aug 5, 13 4:27 pm


Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 21184749)
Anyone know off-hand whether the armrests in row 21 are movable?

I have now watched a YouTube walk-through video, pausing as the crappy camera pans blurrily across the row 21 armrests and I think they look movable? Maybe?

If someone has a 753 segment in row 21 coming up and can check, I would be very much appreciative.

mcanders Aug 6, 13 5:04 pm

Anyone have any experience in row 7? Currently booked on the 753 LAX-EWR red-eye w/ a companion in row 8 B&C. 7 ABC are available and look like they have more legroom and no one reclining into you, but armrests are fixed. (Row 21 B&C are also available, if folks think that is better? Also, curious as to armrest issue raised in prior post...)

I'm 6'7" and just looking to get some sleep so legroom is my #1.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Duke777 Aug 18, 13 8:23 am

Just finished flying a newly configured 757-300 on ANC-IAH. One of the most comfortable flights I've ever had in coach. More seat pitch than usual in E+. I'm 5'11" and could completely stretch my legs. Also seemed like there was extra recline. The DTV was having some issues, but I slept nearly the entire flight.

Had seat 10A, which is a normal E+ seat.

Thumbs up to UA on this reconfiguration. Will now look for the 753 any chance I get.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:49 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.