Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I'm booked on a 757-300 LAX-IAH this weekend. Seat map shows no row 14. From reading this thread, that means there is E+?

Now we are in row 20 (non reclining exit) - way back in the plane. Row 10 is also open. Worth changing seats?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
LOL! Looks like the aircraft has now been swapped. Row 14 exists, and the plane shows e+ only at exit row.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA1K
i didn't realize this plane was so bad...i'm flying it IAD-DEN in a month
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by haddon90
i didn't realize this plane was so bad...i'm flying it IAD-DEN in a month
It's not. Many FT-ers are just verrry dramatic about some things.

Last edited by st530; Nov 3, 2012 at 12:08 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by st530
I agree it isn't too bad. If you can get a seat up towards the front of the Y cabin. It has free overhead video and the best Y seats of CO airplanes.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I agree it isn't too bad. If you can get a seat up towards the front of the Y cabin. It has free overhead video and the best Y seats of CO airplanes.
That might be true when the E+ conversions are done if you aren't flying it to the Hawaiian islands.

If you are flying to the islands, you will get one with E+, since all of the ETOPS rated 753s now have E+.

If not, it's hit or miss since only 2 of the non-ETOPs rated 753s have E+. (and those are the only 2 with DTV.)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Nov 3, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Old Nov 3, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by st530
+1.

The plane is fine. It will get you safely from point A to B. And they aren't deployed on long routes - they can't fly them. If it was intercontinental then the aircraft type and seating might matter. But for domestic? You get on, you fly, and not many hours later you get off.

I've been on bad planes. There aren't any in service for US or EU airlines. Those who complain about 753s should try some Tupolevs deployed in the third world.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
What's the difference between the non E+ 753 and any other type of non E+ plane, other than how long it takes to load / unload. Does the length of the plane make it less comfortable somehow?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: MP 1K/Onepass Plat 1MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
The ex-CO 757-300s are very nice for non-Red Eye flights. Up front.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I was on one of the two with DTV (and E+) today.

We were in F, and it was decent, although I still dislike the lack of lower back support on the CO seats. The air vents didn't seem to deliver as much air as the sUA 752s. Legroom in F rows seemed better than sUA 752 and any sCO 737 I've been on.

The E+ cabin from entry back to the over wing exit looked decent and comfortable.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
I'm on one of these PMCO 753s from LAX to HNL Thanksgiving weekend. Originally the route was sheduled with a non-retrofitted aircraft and I just selected a seat near the front. It was later switched to a plane retrofitted with E+ and I lucked out being a silver because my non-E+ seat was switched to an E+ aisle which I got to keep. Good thing too becasue there aren't any E+ aisle or wondows left which means I would have been shafted at t-24. Just hope they don't switch aircraft again.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Honors Diamond, Global Entry
Has anybody flown in E+ on the reconfigured version of the PMCO 753? How does it compare to the PMUA 752? Do the 753 E+ seats really have in-seat power, as .bomb seat map suggests?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Global Entry, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jbsay
Has anybody flown in E+ on the reconfigured version of the PMCO 753? How does it compare to the PMUA 752? Do the 753 E+ seats really have in-seat power, as .bomb seat map suggests?
I was also wondering about the in-seat power on the 753s. I am flying LAX-OGG-LAX in a couple of weeks, so I know I have E+ (since it is an ETOPS bird), but not sure about the power.

Anyone taken this bird and route lately that might know?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by sakaike
I was also wondering about the in-seat power on the 753s. I am flying LAX-OGG-LAX in a couple of weeks, so I know I have E+ (since it is an ETOPS bird), but not sure about the power.

Anyone taken this bird and route lately that might know?
The ex-ATA 753s are the ETOPS rated ones, they all have E+, no power, no DTV, they have overhead screens. These are the ones we get on the Hawaii routes.

The ex-CO 753s apparently have power as shown in the seat maps, but those aren't ETOPS rated, some have E+, the rest are being converted to E+, they have DTV.

The seat maps on united.com only reflect the ex-CO 753s because of the indication of in-seat power. But if you ignore the in-seat power indication, the version 1 seatmap does correctly reflect the seating layout of the ex-ATA/ETOPS rated 753s.

If you want more detail ... http://bit.ly/ua753-seatmap, also there's more in the fleet thread.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jan 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Global Entry, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
The ex-ATA 753s are the ETOPS rated ones, they all have E+, no power, no DTV, they have overhead screens. These are the ones we get on the Hawaii routes.

The ex-CO 753s apparently have power as shown in the seat maps, but those aren't ETOPS rated, some have E+, the rest are being converted to E+, they have DTV.

The seat maps on united.com only reflect the ex-CO 753s because of the indication of in-seat power. But if you ignore the in-seat power indication, the version 1 seatmap does correctly reflect the seating layout of the ex-ATA/ETOPS rated 753s.

If you want more detail ... http://bit.ly/ua753-seatmap, also there's more in the fleet thread.

-David
Awesome info. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.