FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1393619-consolidated-ua-757-300-seating-ife-etc-thread.html)

Kacee Dec 11, 2017 8:17 am

Originally Posted by semisecco (Post 29159384)
And the 753 is ok to fly with?

It's better than any UA 737, especially in F.

IAH-OIL-TRASH Dec 11, 2017 8:20 am

And the 753 is ok to fly with? Some here were complaning about old seats and no entertainment in seats...

Seats are fine (esp. 1A) and be sure to get the United app ahead of time - entertainment (a good selection, usually) is streamed to your device in flight via the app.

findark Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm

And the 753 is ok to fly with? Some here were complaning about old seats and no entertainment in seats...

As mentioned, I think that 1A and 1B on the 753 are the best (non lie-flat) seats in the entire United fleet.

About half of the 753s have "personal device entertainment" - you'll need a laptop, or a tablet/phone with the United app, and you can stream movies/TV on demand for free. The other half have DirecTV, which allows you to watch live TV or about a dozen looping movies (not on-demand) which is also free in F. People tend to have strong opinions about which one is better, but in my opinion both are ok (not great), although I honestly pass most of my time on planes reading an actual book.

semisecco Dec 12, 2017 1:03 am

Good to know, thx to all of you!

What do they do if you don't have a device to stream when they don't have monitors in the seats? Does United then give you a tablet or whatever?

findark Dec 12, 2017 1:27 am

Originally Posted by semisecco (Post 29163661)
What do they do if you don't have a device to stream when they don't have monitors in the seats? Does United then give you a tablet or whatever?

Unfortunately nothing - if you have no device capable of streaming off of the plane's wifi, then you effectively get no IFE on flights with no monitors.

WineCountryUA Dec 12, 2017 1:27 am

Originally Posted by semisecco (Post 29163661)
.... What do they do if you don't have a device to stream when they don't have monitors in the seats? Does United then give you a tablet or whatever?

No loaners.

There are sub-$50 devices that have other uses that can be used for the streaming entertainment.

semisecco Dec 12, 2017 1:28 am

Booh. Not nice for those who don't have a device... But good to know, thx a lot!

JAaronT Feb 14, 2018 10:29 am

Is it confirmed that 33DEF have no screens?

JAaronT Feb 15, 2018 9:46 am

Originally Posted by JAaronT (Post 29416090)
Is it confirmed that 33DEF have no screens?

To answer my own question, there are in fact screens for 33DEF. At least on ship 3859

DELee Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am

Originally Posted by JAaronT (Post 29420101)
To answer my own question, there are in fact screens for 33DEF. At least on ship 3859

1. Did you select and sit in this row?
2. Was your screen operative?
3. Did you purchase DirecTV?

David

JAaronT Feb 15, 2018 10:26 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 29420129)
1. Did you select and sit in this row?
2. Was your screen operative?
3. Did you purchase DirecTV?

David

We haven’t taken off yet but:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, Hawaii flight

DELee Feb 15, 2018 11:10 am

Originally Posted by JAaronT (Post 29420272)

We haven’t taken off yet but:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, Hawaii flight

Have fun and enjoy the ride!

David

PushingTin Mar 6, 2018 12:25 am

I'm on UA2137 (OGG-SFO) on 4/1. I think we were on a 737-800, but now it shows a 757-300. When I look at seat guru I see one config for this flight/aircraft but for the same plane (757-300) on United's site I see another seat config. The difference is the Y cabin starts in row 7 or 9 respectively. Seat Guru says that rows 7-15 are E+, but I can't tell on United site, because a lot of seats are taken. The text says that only rows 9, 15-19, 24-41.

Of course, I was solidly in E+ before, now I'm in row 15. So is it E+? I called in and I got to a supervisor who said 15 was E+.... Looking at the text and the map, I don't think so. Sure seat guru says it is, but it has other parts of the seating wrong.

Is row 15 on that 757-300 E+ or not? If they moved me out of E+, I'll be hacked. If they lied to me about it, I'll go ballistic. Paid tickets for four, and the RPUs aren't going to clear...

WineCountryUA Mar 6, 2018 12:48 am

Originally Posted by PushingTin (Post 29490797)
.... I'll go ballistic. ....

Before going ballistic, be aware there are two 753 configurations and while the older one (this thread) is presently more common, with time the new https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...m-seatmap.html will become more common. At this point, UA is using a "blended" seat map.
Row 15 will depend on which configure you actually fly - mostly likely the old configuration in the near term.

PushingTin Mar 6, 2018 1:07 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 29490827)
Before going ballistic, be aware there are two 753 configurations and while the older one (this thread) is presently more common, with time the new https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...m-seatmap.html will become more common. At this point, UA is using a "blended" seat map.
Row 15 will depend on which configure you actually fly - mostly likely the old configuration in the near term.

Thanks. When the flight gets closer will the seat map resolve itself to the correct config? If it the new one, I'll be out E+, but there will be a couple of rows revealed of E+.

I'm guessing that if the config changes to the new, I can't put in to have my seats automatically swapped for the open E+?

I spend a lot of time and effort picking flights to get the seats that I want when I'm travelling with the whole family, so I'm not the schmuck trying to trade middles and odd seats. It drives me batty when something that I spent hours researching to find the best balance of fare, schedule and seat gets tossed. And what gets me even more is that after random seat changes, the lose the magic key and can't have some other poor schmuck get out of the seats I actually worked to get.

That and I didn't get a notification on this. My wife looked at me puzzled when I told her about all this and that I found it by looking. I told her I check seats every few days because of stupid stuff like this.