Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
PDE will work anywhere - it uses WiFi to stream content from a server onboard the aircraft. If I recall, DTV over the Pacific will only have the looping movies but no live TV.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by maggersmagoo
... Trying to figure out if I should download a couple movies to my iPad, or rely on IFE.
Always a good idea to have a backup plan.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:55 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
So, after 600K miles on United, I finally took my first flight on a 757-300! (Which means, incidentally, that I've now flown every currently operational kind of UA metal except the 789... and the 3-4-3 777, if you count that as a type.)

Anyway, having selected 1A on the basis of this thread, I want to happily confirm that this is not only the best seat on the plane, but IMO the best domestic F seat in the entire fleet. (Not counting dedicated Hawaii configs).

Why? Three reasons:
1. You get decent legroom even without the cutout. But the cutout is [i]ridiculously[i] big -- big enough to stash a sizeable carryon, and simultaneously stretch your feet out completely. It's about 18" deep, which is hard to believe until you've actually experienced it. The net result is that you basically get unlimited legroom and stowage at your feet.
2. The 753 F seat has good recline -- as good as any other domestic seat I've experienced -- and in addition, the base slides forward a bit. Net result: a napping position that I think is better than any other domestic seat, and almost as good as the old HI 777 (barcalounger) config.
3. For those who care, you are absurdly far forward of the engines (thanks to the planform of the 753). Meaning that you can barely even see them, and have a fantastic view of everything front and back out the window.

Score!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I just flew what I guess is an older 753 by the looks of the interior. Direct TV stopped working a half hour into the flight. Two reboots didn't work. The FA suggested that customers would have to file a refund request online. Internet did not work. Front lav occupied light stayed on permanently. My 6B seat seemed to have excessive engine or wind noise - it was loud! I always sit in the last row of the J cabin in every aircraft but in this case a seat up front may have been quieter.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I just flew what I guess is an older 753 by the looks of the interior.
They're all old and tired.

Still better in F than most of the 737 fleet though, especially if you can get 1A/B.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Any opinions here on exits, specifically row 7A/B vs row 20 C/D? Generally prefer aisles across from each other and usually don't recline the seat, but does 7 have significantly more room?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by sincx
How badly does the door slide block legroom on 7A?
Just flew a 757-300 (domestic). Slide in front of 7A is about the same distance from the seat as the bulkhead in 8DEF. It protrudes to about the middle of the seat (maybe not quite that much). So you've basically got half a seat of unlimited leg room, more if there's no one in the middle.

8DEF was a bit disappointing because there's no cutout under the bulkhead. Makes things a bit tight on the legs if you like to lean back and stretch legs out.

Last edited by drewguy; Jan 17, 2017 at 11:22 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
Did they ever upgrade the F cabin seat or is the -300 still the sCO hard seat with no lumbar support? trying to decide between -300 vs. 737-900...anyone have a preference?. Or they both have the same seat up front?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
Originally Posted by mike1968
Did they ever upgrade the F cabin seat or is the -300 still the sCO hard seat with no lumbar support? trying to decide between -300 vs. 737-900...anyone have a preference?. Or they both have the same seat up front?
They have not upgraded the seat on the -300s yet. The first one or two may be in getting the upgrade now since the STC takes a while.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mike1968
trying to decide between -300 vs. 737-900...anyone have a preference?. Or they both have the same seat up front?
753 by a mile. Private cabin forward of the boarding door, and 1AB are the best regular domestic F seats in the fleet. Only potential drawback is they go mx sometimes.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
753 by a mile. Private cabin forward of the boarding door, and 1AB are the best regular domestic F seats in the fleet.
+1. Not even a close call over the 739. Also much quieter up front in a 753.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by findark
753 by a mile. Private cabin forward of the boarding door, and 1AB are the best regular domestic F seats in the fleet. Only potential drawback is they go mx sometimes.
Can someone recap the advantages of 1AB on the 753? I'm booked SFO-HNL on one of these in Dec, although it's just a placeholder in the UA schedule for now.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
Can someone recap the advantages of 1AB on the 753? I'm booked SFO-HNL on one of these in Dec, although it's just a placeholder in the UA schedule for now.
I think the cutout is the main advantage.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I like row 6 on 757s, as no one pushes on the seat from behind, and it's close to the door for a fast exit. A/B have the lav behind, so I always choose 6E. On the 757-300, however, 6E is directly under an A/C vent, and it gets quite cold.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fumje
I think the cutout is the main advantage.
It is.

And sub-1Ks are almost guaranteed their meal choice that far forward..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.