Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Boeing 757-300 (753)
Seat map (24Domestic F seats/55E+/134E configuration)

Entertainment -- now 100% personal device entertainment (DirecTV has been removed)

WiFi (Internet access for a fee)
Power -- F & E+ , none in regular economy

1A/B has a great cutout for extra foot space, 1E/F has no cutout and may be tight for taller passengers.

New Slimline 753s

This link Interim 757-300 seat map shows a strange interim seat map that you might want to consult if the one(s) above do not match what you are seeing on United.bomb.
See the bottom of the Wiki there for warnings about seat selection.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Row 33 windows

Does anyone have experience or pics of row 33. I have a friend traveling with me with no status. Currently in a regular economy aisle seat, but now United doesn't charge for 33A or F. I'm guessing there's reason. She's a skinny female about 5'8" for size if that matters in term of space.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Does anyone have experience or pics of row 33. I have a friend traveling with me with no status. Currently in a regular economy aisle seat, but now United doesn't charge for 33A or F. I'm guessing there's reason. She's a skinny female about 5'8" for size if that matters in term of space.
I don't have pictures of the 757 specifically, but the door slide bulges on it are sizable and block the leg room of 33 A/F. This image shoes an A320 door slide (which is of approximate size since height of aircraft is the biggest factor in slide size). Personally I wouldn't bother with it, especially if something further forward is available, the back section has always felt mildly claustrophobic to me (in addition to getting to watch 3 restrooms for an entire flight)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 5:54 pm
jp6

Programs: United Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thoughts on exit row aisle (eg. 7C) vs First Class?

Debating if I want to pay a little more for first class. Not a red-eye (otherwise probably would), but still last flight of the evening (IAD-SFO).
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by jp6
Thoughts on exit row aisle (eg. 7C) vs First Class?

Debating if I want to pay a little more for first class. Not a red-eye (otherwise probably would), but still last flight of the evening (IAD-SFO).
Y is going to have the standard pmCO "park bench" cloth seats (I don't find them terrible, but they do have less padding than pmUA seats) that were prevalent on the 737s. Exit row is slightly narrower due to the tray table in the armrest.

Other than that 7C is fairly unremarkable vs a domestic config 752 (both have similar width, recline, and have a front row seat to the lavatory waiting area).
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
SeatGuru says seat 1A is a very good seat, can someone confirm this? I have 1A selected right now for a flight from DEN-LAX, but can change it if there is a better F seat. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by UAL250
SeatGuru says seat 1A is a very good seat, can someone confirm this? I have 1A selected right now for a flight from DEN-LAX, but can change it if there is a better F seat. Thanks in advance!
If it is truly a 753 and not a 752, then yes, it's a good seat with a LOT of legroom. Domestic/non-lie flat 752s will have restricted legroom in that row.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UAL250
1AB each have cavernous storage under the closet that forms the bulkhead. Easily the best storage in front of any seat in the United fleet.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist

Thanks for the replies! It is indeed a 753. I will keep the seat! Can't wait for a F seat with actual good legroom in the first row.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by wto605
I don't have pictures of the 757 specifically, but the door slide bulges on it are sizable and block the leg room of 33 A/F. This image shoes an A320 door slide (which is of approximate size since height of aircraft is the biggest factor in slide size). Personally I wouldn't bother with it, especially if something further forward is available, the back section has always felt mildly claustrophobic to me (in addition to getting to watch 3 restrooms for an entire flight)
Considering this seat for HNL-LAX later this month as I've just dropped from Platinum to nothing (though now NZ Gold, which doesn't seem to do much good on UA). Does anyone have personal experience with this? Better or worse than a regular Y seat?
Old May 6, 2016, 2:59 pm

Hello everyone. I'm curious, on the no DirecTV Boeing 757-300's, I know that there is PDE, but do the Overhead screens come down to show the safety video and flight map or a film?

I know that they still have the overhead screens there, (as I've seen them in the up & stowed position in a recent photo) but do they use them anymore or are they never brought down? I don't have PDE compatable devices, so I'm curious.

Thanks.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Hello everyone. I'm curious, on the no DirecTV Boeing 757-300's, I know that there is PDE, but do the Overhead screens come down to show the safety video and flight map or a film?
Not IME. Been on 4 on the past couple months. FA's did live safety demos and PDE worked fine.
Workable devices for PDE can be purchase for under $50 (and lower). Amazon Fire devices can be side loaded to work also.
Old May 6, 2016, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis

Thanks.
They already ripped them out (arguably a very dumb move.)
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:02 am

How badly does the door slide block legroom on 7A?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Everything -- lately United 1K*G, Marriott Pt, National XElite
Blanket lumbar support trick for 753 seats

I seem to find my way onto 753s fairly often. The seats are reasonably comfortable, but adjust mechanically -- you may have to tug on things (firmly but gently, like an old Barcalounger).

The lumbar adjust is a small lever (hip level between the setback cushion and the arm-rest frame), but neither setting seems to work for me when reclining. (Yes, I'm one of *those* people who sleep on planes. ) I used to use a United pillow, but those have become rare. However, a United blanket also seems to do the trick: unfold it once (to form a rectangle), and place cross-wise on the seat. This also seems to work well when sitting semi-upright and working. Cheers! :-)
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:49 am

IFE on a 753 LAX > HNL

Flying this route on a 1pm flight in first soon. I understand it will have either DirecTV in seat or personal device entertainment.

If personal device, will that be functional the whole way across the ocean? Don't those depend on WiFi?

If it's DirecTV, will there at least be movies available over the ocean?

Trying to figure out if I should download a couple movies to my iPad, or rely on IFE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.