Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Difference of"Upgrade Requested","Segment has been Waitlisted","R/PZ class requested"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Until 18 Oct 2018, upgrade space for RPU/GPUs was "R" ("PN" for GS), starting 19 Oct 2018 "R" has been replaced by "PZ"
Changes to UA's Fare Classes (19-20 October 2018)
"R" upgrade / fare class is missing! (replaced by PZ)
Print Wikipost

Difference of"Upgrade Requested","Segment has been Waitlisted","R/PZ class requested"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cur
[ie first leg not showing upgrades til the bottom]
The thing to check is whether or not the second set of flight is identical to the first. If it is, I think you'll be OK. If it isn't, you may not be, and you might want to call for a second opinion. When I've needed to do this, I've asked if the agent could "clean up my record," which has never gotten pushback. (Admittedly, it hasn't come up frequently).
cur likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:36 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i am a 1k

the departure (ex usa) flights show up as "
Waitlisted"
the return flight shows up as "Upgrade requested"

i called in to the "1k desk" just now, the agent said "chill cur, you are on the waitlist of all flights sir"

i think in their system (which matters most) we good but....
Originally Posted by jsloan
The thing to check is whether or not the second set of flight is identical to the first. If it is, I think you'll be OK. If it isn't, you may not be, and you might want to call for a second opinion. When I've needed to do this, I've asked if the agent could "clean up my record," which has never gotten pushback. (Admittedly, it hasn't come up frequently).
ok so should i just huaca and just insist with a 1k agent who says all my flights line up for gpu as waitslit? i trust the agent who tells us we are wait listed and not to stress. i do not what to think. but i am not stressed as ua takes care of our ua-selves

Last edited by cur; Jul 7, 2019 at 9:51 pm
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cur
i am a 1k

the departure (ex usa) flights show up as "
Waitlisted"
the return flight shows up as "Upgrade requested"

i called in to the "1k desk" just now, the agent said "chill cur, you are on the waitlist of all flights sir"

i think in their system (which matters most) we good but....

ok so should i just huaca and just insist with a 1k agent who says all my flights line up for gpu as waitslit? i trust the agent who tells us we are wait listed and not to stress. i do not what to think. but i am not stressed as ua takes care of our ua-selves
I think you only have reason to call if, when you compare the "waitlisted" (PZ class) segment to the confirmed (Economy-something class), you see any difference in schedule, flight number, or aircraft. That's when you want the record cleaned up. Otherwise it's probably fine to leave it alone and not think about it.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jupper
I applied a MUA to a B domestic leg and B international leg. Going to be interesting to see if it'll clear the domestic leg when PN becomes available (per the GS/1K Y/B-UP rules) or PZ (per the MUA rules)...
You are waitinglist for PZ spaces for both segments. If you want “instant upgrade” on the domestic segment, remove the MUA for this segment.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by Kmxu
You are waitinglist for PZ spaces for both segments. If you want “instant upgrade” on the domestic segment, remove the MUA for this segment.
The website didn't allow that, and yes, in the end the TATL B cleared, the domestic B did not.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jupper
The website didn't allow that, ....
Yes, you have to call but it means the difference of clearing into PN vs PZ for 1Ks
jupper likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, you have to call but it means the difference of clearing into PN vs PZ for 1Ks
/me wonders if a Google Bot couldn't do this ... :P
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
On hold right now. I am on the upgrade list. Agent confirmed that I was never charged. She pute on hold, called someone, and came back and said the best thing was to start over. I asked if that would make me lose my place in the list (putting my behind other golds in PE who waitlisted after me). She said she suspected it would and she is calling back to see how to do this without that happening.

Agent is GREAT by the way.
How did this play out?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:09 pm

Another data point

I called 1K to upfare my SIN-IAD segments; I applied a RPU to SFO-IAD after the initial booking. The agent insisted on checking whether or not RPUs were deducted properly because she saw “PZ class requested.” It turned out that RPU was correctly pulled. So, I got a RPU redeposited afterwards. After I applied a GPU for SIN-SFO-IAD (SIN-SFO was cleared instantly), it says “upgrade requested” for SFO-IAD. The point is that “PZ class requested” set an alarm on a 1K agent. It is better to make sure that your instrument was properly deducted.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Arrgh.

Situation: Tried to get RPU applied to my BOS-SFO segment tomorrow (08/09/19) by calling 1K. After two agents, segment shows "PZ Class Requested" on the Android app but a) no RPU deducted nor b) no upgrade or similar PZ class requested showing up via browser.

Questions: Try my luck again and call? Try to e-mail 1K? Recommendations respectfully requested.

<tl;dr>
Called 1K phone number twice this AM to try to have RPU applied to BOS-SFO segment tomorrow - before check in of a multi-segment trip. All this would do is at least get me on the upgrade waitlist. I understand this.

1st Agent dithered over "you're flying to where from where" instead of applying an RPU. She couldn't seem to get it that I had a multi-segment trip. Excused my self from the call and did a HUCA.

2nd Agent seemed to be clear as to what I wanted and repeated it back, asked for the answers to appropriate security questions and then, after stating that she'd applied the RPU, asked if I wanted an e-mail confirming the application - which I said ok to.

Nothing showing up for a number of refreshes on the app.

However, I then I get 2 emails - one with a copy of the itinerary that says nothing about the RPU or upgrade waitlist. 2nd e-mail says that my account is locked and I need to reset my Mileage Plus account! After confirming that, yes, my account was locked, had to re-input questions and answers to the multiple security questions (some new ones including "least favorite vegetable" now appearing...).

Checked in via the app.

Fast forward 2 hours. Now, go onto a computer with browser. _Nothing_ showing up on my PNR specific to the BOS-SFO segment.

BOS-SFO segment flight time is still +24 hours in the future but now I'm afraid that the run-of-the-mill agents answering the 1K phone number could completely blow up my itinerary if I call again...
</tl; dr>

Groan.

David

Last edited by DELee; Aug 8, 2019 at 8:27 am
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:25 am

> no RPU deducted.

Definitely need to call again. Good luck.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DELee
Situation: Tried to get RPU applied to my BOS-SFO segment tomorrow (08/09/19) by calling 1K. After two agents, segment shows "PZ Class Requested" on the Android app but a) no RPU deducted nor b) no upgrade or similar PZ class requested showing up via browser.
Slightly confused.. you have a screenshot of the old website with "PZ class requested" so it looks like it was indeed requested.

If you are already checked in for BOS-SFO you're going to have problems being added to the visible list (if not on it). An agent will need to do this manually and separately from the instrument application. If your segment is "PZ class requested" then you are indeed waitlisted for PZ class and can clear that waitlist. If no instrument is deducted, you should probably get that fixed though.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by findark
Slightly confused.. you have a screenshot of the old website with "PZ class requested" so it looks like it was indeed requested.

If you are already checked in for BOS-SFO you're going to have problems being added to the visible list (if not on it). An agent will need to do this manually and separately from the instrument application. If your segment is "PZ class requested" then you are indeed waitlisted for PZ class and can clear that waitlist. If no instrument is deducted, you should probably get that fixed though.
What happened is the regular trip info page on the website showed no upgrade at all. However, if I clicked on the upgrade options at the top of the trip page, it would fail over to the old CO style trip info page - which then showed the above PZ screen clip (which I added after my initial post).

Anyway, just to follow up, called 1K again and it took them and MPSC 20 minutes to fix the RPU application fail from the 2nd agent and then actually apply an RPU - so that it showed up as an upgrade requested on the trip page and an RPU showed as deducted.

That being said, a few minutes ago, got a text from UA that the flight was being delayed by almost 6 hours even 20 hours in the future. So now I'm being rerouted thru IAH, currently now in 21B, getting fewer miles and not on a 752. Oh and will have to ask for the RPU back manually again anyway ...

So much fun.

David
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:46 pm

I asked a 1K agent to split my reservation into two. The original (same PNR as before) one still has "upgrade requested" for the last segment of the trip with GPU supported. However, the display on the new PNR has the original economy class segment, plus the same flight information except with "Wait listed for United First (PZ)" below. Does this change suggest that the GPU was dropped or something else that I shoudl worry about?

Edit: It has been changed back to “upgrade requested,” same as before, without my intervention!
Edit 2: For another unrelated reservation with multiple outbound segments but with one cancelled route (GUM-HKG), “upgrade requested” was changed to “PZ class requested.” This does not concern me because I will either change or cancel this reservation.

Last edited by Kmxu; Aug 24, 2019 at 12:03 pm Reason: Change for another unrelated reservation
Old Aug 23, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I asked a 1K agent to split my reservation into two. The original (same PNR as before) one still has "upgrade requested" for the last segment of the trip with GPU supported. However, the display on the new PNR has the original economy class segment, plus the same flight information except with "Wait listed for United First (PZ)" below. Does this change suggest that the GPU was dropped or something else that I shoudl worry about?
Based on what you said, I wouldn’t worry about it just two different ways of saying the same thing
iluv2fly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.