Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye and goodluck!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Good luck to you PWMRamper! I have also admired your posts from afar and was a bit sad I never had the opportunity to pass through your airport and meet you.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Congratulations! I'm very happy to hear you're employed, even more so that it's with an airline I enjoy flying. Here's hoping to see you lots on the DL Board with your trademark insight and well thought through posts!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:21 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Thank you, PWM Ramper for sharing your good news of an offer within the industry. Hope it leads to an eventual station placement. If you get re-placed at PWM with DL, wouldn't that be a treat, assuming they use line personnel at PWM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Thank you, PWM Ramper for sharing your good news of an offer within the industry. Hope it leads to an eventual station placement. If you get re-placed at PWM with DL, wouldn't that be a treat, assuming they use line personnel at PWM.
Great idea - I wonder if PWMRamper will bring that up during training - but I imagine a lot less jobs open in PWM vs. MSP on DL.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:22 pm
Used to be PWMRamper
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum
DL in PWM is handled by Regional Elite, formerly Comair, soon to be Delta Global Services.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Fantastic news!!! ^

Perhaps some of us will see you there if we decide to switch to DL.

Originally Posted by PWMRamper
Just wanted to update this thread.

I've been applying for jobs non-stop in the past week, with a bunch of different airlines, all over the country.

I was planning to be out in MSP visiting family this week, but also got a callback last Saturday from Delta Air Lines about a position I applied for. I was able to schedule that interview for this morning, while I was out in MSP.

Just got back from that interview, and I am thrilled to report I was offered a position with Delta as a Reservations Representative!

I have tentatively accepted the offer, and start training on November 12th. (Coincidentally, my last day in PWM was supposed to be November 11th, how funny is that?) The reason it's a tentative acceptance is because it's going to be difficult to relocate in 5 weeks. I'll be doing everything I can to make it work, but it will be tough.

While not a position in Airport Ops, it's still a Customer Service position, and it's with a mainline carrier, which has a lot of value. There's plenty of room for advancement, and even for transferring to other departments (such as airport ops). I'm thrilled for the opportunity, and am even more excited to stay in the industry I love so much!

All of your kind wishes in this thread are much appreciated! Means more than I can say.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles

I've been applying for jobs non-stop in the past week, with a bunch of different airlines, all over the country.

I was planning to be out in MSP visiting family this week, but also got a callback last Saturday from Delta Air Lines about a position I applied for. I was able to schedule that interview for this morning, while I was out in MSP.

Just got back from that interview, and I am thrilled to report I was offered a position with Delta as a Reservations Representative!

I have tentatively accepted the offer, and start training on November 12th. (Coincidentally, my last day in PWM was supposed to be November 11th, how funny is that?) The reason it's a tentative acceptance is because it's going to be difficult to relocate in 5 weeks. I'll be doing everything I can to make it work, but it will be tough.

While not a position in Airport Ops, it's still a Customer Service position, and it's with a mainline carrier, which has a lot of value. There's plenty of room for advancement, and even for transferring to other departments (such as airport ops). I'm thrilled for the opportunity, and am even more excited to stay in the industry I love so much!

All of your kind wishes in this thread are much appreciated! Means more than I can say.
=================

Good for you !, Happy to hear that you got this offer, especially from a mainline carrier - Delta. We will miss your UA/UAX contributions on FlyerTalk at United but we'll be looking for your comments on the Delta forum - at least keep us updated from time to time on a new thread on the United forum (such as "PWMRamper updates").
You will find reservations "different" - not as much empowerment and freedom as working at the airport but it will also give you invaluable experience about fares and ticketing that you never knew existed - it is a good area to work in (having done so myself for many years prior to working as a CSR for UAL). Certainly use it to your advantage and try to get back into customer service at an airport. Sincere best wishes - stay with the airlines if you can, with your good attitude. Heaven knows the industry has taken such a dive that we need thousands more like you !!
Regards, FN.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Gabriel I couldn't be more excited for you!

Clearly you've impressed us all with your balanced and well written communications and your attitude and care for your customers shows through daily. That also had to come through during your DL interviews and they knew they had a "hot one" when you left. I can just hear the hiring team's conversation "how long should we wait before we make the offer, we don't want to sound too eager?" LOL. It's like a hot date that needs to have a cooling off period before you ask to go out again.

Congrats to you and please keep us up to date on how you're doing. Heck, just keep updating this thread!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Congrats on the job offer. I always get a kick out of stories like yours that the timing just seems to be put together just right.
Yep, always lots a pressure relocating, but thats what makes life interesting
Best of luck!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Good luck! It's been sad to see the station agent at my company undergoing the same thing right, but it's good to see that other opportunities exist in the industry still.

Needless to say, but it's been been frustrating dealing with the companies that have taken over ground ops---even those taken over by another airline, and should know what they're doing.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Goodbye and goodluck!

PWMRamper, congratulations and good luck! I worked in DL res between undergraduate and graduate schools. It will definitely be a different experience, and hopefully lead you to boundless opportunities in an industry that you obviously love.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
And now we have 1 less employee who is competent with SHARES, bringing the total number too........

Best of luck PWM.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

Outstanding! This is great news.

Delta is fortunate to have you. Plus out of MSP, you will have lots of non-stop flight options to use your flight benefits on, including some off-peak flights with wide open F cabins.

I think you'll like DL's technology as well. They have features like instant ticketing, real-time waitlist clearing, etc., much like UA used to have before CO took over.

Hope it works out well for you.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:36 pm
Used to be PWMRamper
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Currently working (well, on FT!) my last day at PWM...I have one departure left and them I am done.

Definitely bittersweet, but looking forward to a new adventure.

Working the gate, then pushing the plane out to ORD tonight, flight 3673.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Good luck. ^ Look forward to catching you on the phone when I book my next Delta flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.