Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye and goodluck!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by PWMRamper
I discovered what I want to do for a career, and hopefully will still achieve that goal in the future. I have Jet-A and Glycol running through my veins, and that won't change anytime
First, good luck in whatever you choose to do.

My local station went through a few ground ops changes, many we re-hired by the new operator.

A few even went on to work for DL and UA, so maybe paruse www.united.com/careers
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:25 pm
Used to be PWMRamper
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
First, good luck in whatever you choose to do.

My local station went through a few ground ops changes, many we re-hired by the new operator.

A few even went on to work for DL and UA, so maybe paruse www.united.com/careers
Believe me, I check DL, AA, UA, WN, B6, OO, etc etc every single day for opportunities.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I also wish you the best of luck! With your customer service skills you should broaden your search to LL Bean and others. They would be fortunate to have you!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Gabriel, may life bring you the wings you gave to so many. I've met angels like yourself at the outstations I've visited and it was such people who kept me flying United over the last decade. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Best to luck with your future endeavours! I've flow in and out of PWM so many times over the past years I will have to say thank you for all of the help you've provided for me. (I never knew who you were there).
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by exerda
We will miss you, Gabriel. Best wishes and luck in landing another gig in the industry!
^
Umm....

UA Insider...meet PMWRamper
PMWRamper....meet UA Insider

Just sayin.....

Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:06 pm
Used to be PWMRamper
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Goodbye and goodluck!

Work today is like being at a wake. Didn't think it would be this hard...I'm constantly on the edge of tears, and I still have 19 more work days to go. Can't imagine what I'll be like on the last day.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Have never flown into PWM, but was hoping to one day, and would certainly have looked you up. Have enjoyed your posts. Good luck to you, FT's friend, and best wishes.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:18 pm

Your insights, and your taking the time to share them, have been much appreciated. Thank you, and all the best.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
It would, but the company has no travel benefits, and worse hours, pay, health benefits, etc.
No travel benefits wow !
No real reason to work for a airline without them
sorry to hear
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
This happened several weeks ago in MFR. It's a disaster! The news people don't know how to work the computers, you ask about upgrade and you get a blank stare and God forbid you are traveling international. Gone are the staff who knew you by name, were friendly and treated you as a valued customer. Customer service has taken a dramatic decline here. Again, as United constantly reminds me that they value my loyalty (3 mm miles) and are dedicated to exceptional customer service. I also have some lovely beach-front property in Wyoming I'd like to interest you in...

I am very sorry to see the dedicated United Express staff depart.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
I really hope another great opportunity opens up for you soon. I just flew through PWM a few weeks ago and the entire UA team I had dealings with was great. I've really appreciated your comments and contributions in the past - and look forward to many more in the future!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by CMK10
You're one of the most levelheaded and resourceful employees on Flyertalk...
I agree. Best of luck with your job search.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:41 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
PWMRamper, you've made great contributions to FT and I'm sure been a great asset to your Company and many customers. May you have unlimited ceiling in your quest to stay and progress in the industry.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Work today is like being at a wake. Didn't think it would be this hard...I'm constantly on the edge of tears, and I still have 19 more work days to go. Can't imagine what I'll be like on the last day.
First few days may be tough but then you'll refocus on new opportunities and eventually land smth even more interesting, smth you wouldn't normally notice while working full time. You have the skills so it's just a matter of time. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.