Search

Apple Maps and UA Seperation EWR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum
Apple Maps and UA Seperation EWR

A lighthearted one here.
Was tinkering with the new Apple Maps app and while browsing North Jersey looking at trails I hike on High Mountain I found two horizontal separation problems

1) Out over High Mountain Wilderness Park in Wayne, NJ there are two UA ERJs not more than 1000 feet apart on approach 22L.

2) Down by the final into EWR about 4-5 miles north, approaching to the south 22L there are two UA 737s (see the satellite box on top and the blue United lettering on the metal) again, very close to each other.

Took me a few minutes to figure it out. Kind of neat though, especially to stumble on the ERJ picture up over Wayne.

I wonder if anyone can spot any others on the approach into 22L. I tried but couldn't seem to find any more - but it's a safe bet to assume that there are at least two more somewhere between the locations I mentioned.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Multiple images stitched together, as I'm sure you're probably aware.

If you do a quick search you'll find hundreds of examples of these that have been found on Google Maps over the years also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.