Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I have an emergency travel is there a way to avoid booking fee

I have an emergency travel is there a way to avoid booking fee

Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
I have an emergency travel is there a way to avoid reward booking fee

Booking fee for reward travel

Last edited by miranda.mario; Sep 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
I suggest that you be more specific about your situation, if you want good answers.

If you book on united.com, there is no "booking fee".
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2.7 million miler)
I had to travel internationally during peak holiday season last year on account of my dad passing away suddenly. There were no seats to be had for love or money. The agent connected me with a specialized department that handles 'bereavement travel'. After confirming the genuineness of my need for emergency travel, they obtained a seat for me that night, but I had to pay the rack rate C class fare - about 8 grand. The way it was put to me was that they could prioritize my travel due to my emergency situation and make a seat available, but could not alter fare rules. I imagine that if someone was bumped off because of me, they incurred an expense to compensate.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:30 pm

if it's for award travel, as a silver you're looking at just $50--a small sum for emergency travel i think. you could also apply for the united club card as it waives close in booking fees, but that carries annual fee unless you manage to get it waived first year.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
Thank you all i searched the web and I have to do it online a helpful agent helped me on the phone I'm located in central America and I have to use Copa but found a space when a agent told me that I had to pay a lot more
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by miranda.mario
Thank you all i searched the web and I have to do it online a helpful agent helped me on the phone I'm located in central America and I have to use Copa but found a space when a agent told me that I had to pay a lot more
You do know that even for award ticket, you still have to pay taxes in addition to the $50 less than 21 days booking fee like a normal paying ticket right ?

Not to mention, if you called in instead of booking thru the website, it is an additional $25

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.