Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help booking ORD > ROB on UA Miles, 1/19-2/3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Hello, I am a newbie and looking for assistance from savvy FT UA users.

I am trying to book a trip for my Dad from ORD to ROB (Liberia). It is part of a nonprofit assisting with a hospital there.

I cannot find any award availability for those dates, and am having trouble looking for award travel on similar dates. Specific travel dates are flexible.

Are there other websites I could use to check on award travel availability?

Thanks,

Andrew
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, Andrew S Kniffin

For award flights you will be restricted to Star Alliance airlines or a handful of additional partner airlines.

It appears (from a quick search) the only Star Alliance airline to fly into ROB is Brussels Airline and there are only 2-3 flights a week (all from BRU Brussels airport) . Delta, BA, AF and others also fly but you can not book with UA miles. Wikipedia Roberts_International_Airport

Since getting to BRU will likely be easier, the first step is to focus on the BRU-ROB segment. Search (on united.com) just for that segment on Wednesday & Sundays (and an 1-stop on Fridays).
Once you find that segments award seat, then start on the ORD-BRU (likely many options).

This is going to be a tought award search and you may need to use award for part away and then cash for the last bit.

Some ideas of the dates will helo others to do a search. dates were in the title Dates will need to be adjusted for dates when service is available

UA does fly to Lagos, Nigeria (LOS). Have no idea on the cost of LOS-ROB flights.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm Reason: dates were in the title
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Looks like SN has availability in business on 1/16 and 2/3 (there just aren't flights on nearby days). He can leave RDU on the 15th and connect through JFK on SN. On the return, you can use SN through JFK on the 4th. There are several other routings to/from BRU, in Y or C.

If you don't have the miles for business, then I'd suggest trying to get anywhere stable in West Africa and buying a flight to ROB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.