Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Expert Mode: opt-in to see upgrade visibility/fare bucket data/Issue staying enabled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
Feb 2023: Many reports that Expert Mode checkbox is being disabled automatically / randomly (in some cases, repeatedly), and users have to opt back in on the website to re-enable Expert Mode.

Note on 18 Oct 2018 the fare class for upgrades changed from R to PZ
Changes to UA's Fare Classes (19-20 October 2018)

Updated instructions (2022)
Originally Posted by Micp3208
... Try this:
My United > Settings > Special Preferences & Accomodations > Scroll down past search preferences and click “Enable expert mode”.
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we’ll be re-launching Expert Mode as an opt-in feature later this afternoon. This feature will display all fare classes when shopping for flights on united.com. You can opt-in to this feature by logging into your MileagePlus account and following these steps:
  1. Go to united.com > My Account
  2. Select “Manage Profile”
  3. In the Preferences section, select “View All Flight Search Preferences”
  4. In the Expert Mode section, read and acknowledge the customer advisements
  5. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page

As always, thanks for your feedback and patience over the last couple weeks while we worked to make these changes.

Shannon

Archive thread: Expert Mode: better upgrade visibility and opt-in to see fare bucket data {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Expert Mode: opt-in to see upgrade visibility/fare bucket data/Issue staying enabled?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Still does not work. It is inconvenient and nobody knows if if this is permanent. Hopefully the mobile stays around.

Welcome to FT.
probably permanent. I suspect they want to stop folks from scraping data
Old Nov 12, 2022, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
Isn't there a way to prevent that while still enabling access for legit MP members personal use?
(Obviously I am no IT expert)
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:05 am

Did United also remove expert view from the iPhone app? I know it was removed from the desktop version a while back but up until less than 2 days ago, I could still see fare buckets. Maybe my phone updated the app and it doesn’t show anymore.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by myperks
Did United also remove expert view from the iPhone app? I know it was removed from the desktop version a while back but up until less than 2 days ago, I could still see fare buckets. Maybe my phone updated the app and it doesn’t show anymore.
I still show it when using my app
Old Nov 12, 2022, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
There have been a couple other people asking this, but the response across multiple versions is that it is still there for most people. General recommendation is to double check the setting is still toggled on in you profile, try logging in again and/or try uninstalling/reinstalling the app.
SPN Lifer and dorisrpas like this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
There have been a couple other people asking this, but the response across multiple versions is that it is still there for most people. General recommendation is to double check the setting is still toggled on in you profile, try logging in again and/or try uninstalling/reinstalling the app.
Signed in and signed out and still not showing. However, I uninstalled and reinstalled and now is back to normal. Thanks.
Say Vandelay and dorisrpas like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I was scared today that they axed it from the app as well since it disappeared but signed out and then deleted and reinstalled and there it was after signing back in.
dorisrpas likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
I think it has more to do with making sure customers have access to as little information as problem.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:05 pm
iwc

Not sure it is going to stick but web site expert mode is back.

Been successfully using the expert mode on the app.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by iwc
Not sure it is going to stick but web site expert mode is back.
Same ! Woohoo!
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Expert mode is back, but I still don't see any PZ.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Expert mode is back, but I still don't see any PZ.
Indeed it is back!

Including PZ9 on a flight I checked .....
mmack likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Indeed it is back!

Including PZ9 on a flight I checked .....
Expert mode is back for me as well -- no joy on PN space though....
wxguy likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This is so weird. I saw expert mode working on my desktop and 5 minutes later it's gone (for the same flights)
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I still see the inventory report after a flight search but if I refresh the screen it disappears. But I do a fresh search, its back. So appears to be a bit touchy
chavala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.