Wiki Posts
Search

should I book Economy + or wait?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
should I book Economy + or wait?

I am looking at flights from EWR-GVA on UA956 early October. I was hoping to fly Biz class but I do not see that happening now. Economy regular is ballpark $1,000, I am still a week or so away from booking. So far I have been unable to find the price for Economy Plus, thought we may book that instead. Looking at a few different days, many flights are less than 25% booked in Economy +. Even if all the booked Economy were upgraded to +, there would still be available seats in +. I was wondering, should I just go ahead and book Economy + or book regular Economy and cross my fingers that on the days of travel, + seats would still be open and the upgrade would be sold for a very reasonable price?
The plane is a Boeing 767-300.

Last edited by nanp; Sep 15, 2012 at 7:25 pm
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
There is really no comparison between E+ (coach with more legroom) and BF (lie-flats) on 763. Good E+ seats on TATLs are $129-$149. If you wants to get a good seat, better book sooner than later.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nanp
I am looking at flights from EWR-GVA on UA956 early October...So far I have been unable to find the price for Economy Plus, thought we may ....
a dummy booking shows E+ for UA956 varies from $88 (middle seat) - $129 (exit row aisle)

or cross my fingers that on the days of travel, + seats would still be open and they would be sold for a very reasonable price?
UA does not discount E+ at the gate and the better seats (unless you are OK with middle seats) may be gone by the day of departure.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 15, 2012 at 8:20 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 15, 2012, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
"There is really no comparison between E+ and BF"
Yes, I do realize that. Right now the Biz class is going 4-5x the Economy cost, not really what I was hoping for.

"a dummy booking shows E+ for UA956 varies from $88- $129 "
thanks. I could not find that anywhere. That was what I needed to know.

"does not discount E+ at the gate"
ok. Looks as though I go ahead and book Economy +. Thanks so much.

Nancy

Last edited by nanp; Sep 15, 2012 at 7:38 pm
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... Yes, I do realize that. Right now the Biz class is going 4-5x the Economy cost, not really what I was hoping for. ...
That is a normal situation -- occasionally there will be Business sales and it might be a bit below 4 otherwise 5 or greater is more likely. Hence the popularity of upgrades or business award tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.