Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA sends a fill-in-the-blank apology letter

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA sends a fill-in-the-blank apology letter

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Swing and a miss!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerTom111
Check out this reddit post. Lots of comments.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...t_sentimental/

LOL. I just saw it on Independent.co.uk. It's alle over Facebook too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...e-9640331.html
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Best laugh I had so far this week.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
what blows my mind (well, not really, this is UA after all) is that they are having the exact same mail merge issue in 2014 as in 2012.
If it's still around, it must have been the PMCO form letter.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:13 pm

The 2014 form letter looks almost identical to the 2012 form letter posted at the start of this thread. It makes me wonder just how many of these get mailed out this way.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA GM, QF Bronze, Sugar and Spice buy 6 cups get one free offer card holder
This story has made my local paper here this morning too: (Courier Mail - Brisbane, Australia)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...-1227009462261
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, 1 Million Miler, AA ExPlat
Could be worse. Your specific item could have been a DVD of all the Smisek videos.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel
Could be worse. Your specific item could have been a DVD of all the Smisek videos.
Nah, for that you have to pay 10,000 miles + S&H.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Nah, for that you have to pay 10,000 miles + S&H.
The CIA bought them all after Congress made them stop waterboarding.

Last edited by Kacee; Jul 31, 2014 at 4:42 pm
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I'm sure UA is putting prospective interns at the Four Seasons when they cannot afford whole cashews...
The corporate world will surprise you.

Also, we all know very well it's not a matter of "afford".
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by gengar
The corporate world will surprise you.

Also, we all know very well it's not a matter of "afford".
UA also has a pretty valuable product they can exchange in a B2B deal. You give us deeply discounted hotel rooms and we give you deeply discounted airfare.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:14 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
They probably selected "contact me via email only" in their profile.
I did something similar with AA. I had sent in a question using their online form and in the body of my question, I just asked for an email response. The next day, I got a call from someone at AA who answered my question. I actually appreciated the call though. Very nice of them to do that.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by ed3
I had a similar situation in Dulles. AC was broken on first plane and they realized as we began to board. After 30 minutes, moved to another gate with another plane. That flight was delayed because plane was around 118F inside (no one thought that they should use a ground AC unit on it). After 60-90 minutes, the pilot realized that the co-pilot seat was broken. I switched to a flight the next day at this point. No one at United even seems to try anymore.

I did however get 10k miles awarded to my account, but they have devalued miles so much, they are worthless.
10K wow, Two weeks ago I was on the ORD-MUC 777, in paid J and the seat was broken. No proper upright position as per FAA for landing and take off and no lie flat. I stupidly wasted my time with the were sorry card the purser
gave me here was the result:

Thank you for including United Airlines in your travel plans. Your comments and suggestions are genuinely appreciated.

Each aircraft adheres to a rigorous maintenance schedule to help ensure our customers enjoy safe and comfortable travel. I received your feedback regarding your seat and I truly regret that it did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and will include your comments in a report to the appropriate department.

As a tangible gesture of our concern, I will deposit miles in your MileagePlus account. Please allow 3-5 days for the miles to post.

Thank you for making us aware of the situation and, again, I apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on board a future United Airlines flight.

Regards,

They gave me 6k points for a broken lie flat on a trans atlantic flight, paid J.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 5:49 pm
ed3

Originally Posted by yul36
10K wow, Two weeks ago I was on the ORD-MUC 777, in paid J and the seat was broken. No proper upright position as per FAA for landing and take off and no lie flat. I stupidly wasted my time with the were sorry card the purser
gave me here was the result:

Thank you for including United Airlines in your travel plans. Your comments and suggestions are genuinely appreciated.

Each aircraft adheres to a rigorous maintenance schedule to help ensure our customers enjoy safe and comfortable travel. I received your feedback regarding your seat and I truly regret that it did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and will include your comments in a report to the appropriate department.

As a tangible gesture of our concern, I will deposit miles in your MileagePlus account. Please allow 3-5 days for the miles to post.

Thank you for making us aware of the situation and, again, I apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on board a future United Airlines flight.

Regards,

They gave me 6k points for a broken lie flat on a trans atlantic flight, paid J.
I spoke to two CSRs on the 800 number. One offered 500 miles and the other suggested that I write an email. the email is what netted the 10k.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:42 pm

Hilarious United Complaints Error

Apologies if this has already been posted, please delete / merge etc.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...e-9640331.html

Typical United, I understand these templates are standard, but these errors are absolutely ridiculous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.