FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA sends a fill-in-the-blank apology letter (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1385862-ua-sends-fill-blank-apology-letter.html)

mgcsinc Jul 31, 2014 9:11 am

Originally Posted by ed3 (Post 23287724)
I did however get 10k miles awarded to my account, but they have devalued miles so much, they are worthless.

I'll gladly take your 4/5 of a domestic one-way off your hands for you. :rolleyes:

kirkwoodj Jul 31, 2014 10:14 am

Swing and a miss!

gordon0808 Jul 31, 2014 10:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyerTom111 (Post 23285580)

LOL. I just saw it on Independent.co.uk. It's alle over Facebook too.:cool:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...e-9640331.html

lighthand Jul 31, 2014 1:36 pm

Best laugh I had so far this week. :)

PVDProf Jul 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 23287423)
what blows my mind (well, not really, this is UA after all) is that they are having the exact same mail merge issue in 2014 as in 2012.

If it's still around, it must have been the PMCO form letter.

amanuensis Jul 31, 2014 3:13 pm

The 2014 form letter looks almost identical to the 2012 form letter posted at the start of this thread. It makes me wonder just how many of these get mailed out this way.

ozziegumby Jul 31, 2014 3:48 pm

This story has made my local paper here this morning too: (Courier Mail - Brisbane, Australia)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...-1227009462261

ThisYearsModel Jul 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Could be worse. Your specific item could have been a DVD of all the Smisek videos.

mgcsinc Jul 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel (Post 23290157)
Could be worse. Your specific item could have been a DVD of all the Smisek videos.

Nah, for that you have to pay 10,000 miles + S&H.

Kacee Jul 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 23290191)
Nah, for that you have to pay 10,000 miles + S&H.

The CIA bought them all after Congress made them stop waterboarding.

gengar Jul 31, 2014 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 23286415)
I'm sure UA is putting prospective interns at the Four Seasons when they cannot afford whole cashews...

The corporate world will surprise you.

Also, we all know very well it's not a matter of "afford". :)

kenn0223 Jul 31, 2014 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by gengar (Post 23290331)
The corporate world will surprise you.

Also, we all know very well it's not a matter of "afford". :)

UA also has a pretty valuable product they can exchange in a B2B deal. You give us deeply discounted hotel rooms and we give you deeply discounted airfare.

United747 Jul 31, 2014 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 23285595)
They probably selected "contact me via email only" in their profile.

I did something similar with AA. I had sent in a question using their online form and in the body of my question, I just asked for an email response. The next day, I got a call from someone at AA who answered my question. I actually appreciated the call though. Very nice of them to do that.

yul36 Jul 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by ed3 (Post 23287724)
I had a similar situation in Dulles. AC was broken on first plane and they realized as we began to board. After 30 minutes, moved to another gate with another plane. That flight was delayed because plane was around 118F inside (no one thought that they should use a ground AC unit on it). After 60-90 minutes, the pilot realized that the co-pilot seat was broken. I switched to a flight the next day at this point. No one at United even seems to try anymore.

I did however get 10k miles awarded to my account, but they have devalued miles so much, they are worthless.

10K wow, Two weeks ago I was on the ORD-MUC 777, in paid J and the seat was broken. No proper upright position as per FAA for landing and take off and no lie flat. I stupidly wasted my time with the were sorry card the purser
gave me here was the result:

Thank you for including United Airlines in your travel plans. Your comments and suggestions are genuinely appreciated.

Each aircraft adheres to a rigorous maintenance schedule to help ensure our customers enjoy safe and comfortable travel. I received your feedback regarding your seat and I truly regret that it did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and will include your comments in a report to the appropriate department.

As a tangible gesture of our concern, I will deposit miles in your MileagePlus account. Please allow 3-5 days for the miles to post.

Thank you for making us aware of the situation and, again, I apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on board a future United Airlines flight.

Regards,

They gave me 6k points for a broken lie flat on a trans atlantic flight, paid J.

ed3 Jul 31, 2014 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by yul36 (Post 23290589)
10K wow, Two weeks ago I was on the ORD-MUC 777, in paid J and the seat was broken. No proper upright position as per FAA for landing and take off and no lie flat. I stupidly wasted my time with the were sorry card the purser
gave me here was the result:

Thank you for including United Airlines in your travel plans. Your comments and suggestions are genuinely appreciated.

Each aircraft adheres to a rigorous maintenance schedule to help ensure our customers enjoy safe and comfortable travel. I received your feedback regarding your seat and I truly regret that it did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and will include your comments in a report to the appropriate department.

As a tangible gesture of our concern, I will deposit miles in your MileagePlus account. Please allow 3-5 days for the miles to post.

Thank you for making us aware of the situation and, again, I apologize for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on board a future United Airlines flight.

Regards,

They gave me 6k points for a broken lie flat on a trans atlantic flight, paid J.

I spoke to two CSRs on the 800 number. One offered 500 miles and the other suggested that I write an email. the email is what netted the 10k.