Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
From the article "Shannon Kelly, United’s director of customer insights."

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
This is clearly a calculated move that was planned in advance, executed according to an internal perception of company benefit, and won't be rolled back unless there is a clear business reason not to. TOD upgrades will always trump elite benefits.

The only voice UA cares about any more is the revenue voice. So, despite being an IAD flyer with lots of UA flight options, the last 5 months and $16k spend have gone to AA. I have 3 TATL flights on the books, two in C, and they will get all of my business next year (except a VS flight or two). It's worth it to me to do a connection and add an hour to be in F and get treated with respect. End of argument. UA...doesn't....care....about any of this "response". Cash talks. Period.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by KVS
As has been mentioned in post #724, the KVS Tool continues to support Award, Upgrade and Regular UA Availability:
Can you add functionality to provide alerts?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I work at a business where we treat our customers like gold. I understand that UA wants to milk every penny of revenue from every seat. These are not mutually exclusive options.

You folks at UA who are reading this...come on...you are some of the brightest people in business. A bunch of you went to the best business schools right? Why does this have to be a WIN/LOSE type of deal? I find it really hard to believe that there isn't a WIN/WIN here. You can get every last nickel out of the kettles and there should still be some reward space and perks for those of us who travel enough miles to get to the Elite levels.

HOW TO BE A GENIUS AT UNITED AND MOVE UP THE EXECUTIVE RANKS LIKE A SPEEDING BULLET:
Use your brain, have some guts and solve this problem...you will make Smysek look like a hero...all his promises will come true and people will start saying nice things about him. Your personal stock will rise!!! Whadya think UAers? You could start feeling good about your job and your company again!
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I just got an email from Award Wallet saying DL was pulling their info as well. I know it's not exactly price fixing but I would bet with DL's timing as well as AC now also pulling their bucket transparency as well that the airlines got together & discussed this first. I guess it's not illegal but others would know better then I. At least it's not UA picking on us. It looks like they are all doing this. My guess is AA comes next
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: 2012 Plat-2013 Plat-2014 Silver-2015 GM
Originally Posted by reddirt14
United is so short sighted. I'm really surprised most of you are sticking with them. Interesting - maybe United really knows who it's got wrapped around it's fingures and if you've been with them through everything else, no matter how much you complain you'll stay on as they continue to extract more from you while giving you less. Maybe they are the smart ones after all.

Who knows...but I've left - couldn't take it anymore.
Correct! They know the Elite/MP Member attrition rate to the decimal I'm sure. I don't think there's a cohesive plan or strategy as one would expect, but as they stumble across revenue generating ideas they can pull some triggers. An every month or so change rate is slow enough to keep most around.

The pot with the frogs in it has been set on Medium. Only the "fair" skinned species have jumped out early.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I have just sent a message to Chase about my unhappiness with the policies of the United management team. Although I own a very small company and charge only about 500k on our MP credit cards annually, if enough of us with Chase cards contact the bank and voice our concerns, they may relay our displeasure in a far more effective method than our posting on FT. With Chase purchasing billions of dollars in MP miles, I'm sure they will take note of their cardholders moving to other airlines and cancelling their credit cards.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wow..., this is even dumber than the 4 mile GF Hong Kong round trips. As if the value of UG instruments hadn't already been diluted enough this year...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:13 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by hughw
UA is against alerts and will probably sue KVS, or at least threaten to do so, if such functionality is added.
Currently, for award/upgrade availability, KVS basically just works by automating a .bomb search for you, and putting it in a more convenient format. But KVS doesn't offer automation or anything that gives its users an actual "leg up" vs. non-users when redeeming award availability. And from what I heard/read online, it was the "advantage" provided by EF alerts which got the airline(s) pissed at EF. (or so they claimed?)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by xevious
Has anyone who has emailed Jeff, GS or 1KVoice, etc. gotten any kind of response?
I had a GS agent offer to do the searches from Hubs to all European gateways for a vacation, and then call me back with options.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by beltway
"Misconnects" is a red herring, not because it doesn't open up inventory, but rather because it's evenly distributed across all relevant cases. (That is, it's just as likely to happen to a flight that's Z9 or Z3, in which case the elite's odds of getting an upgrade also improve.)
Technically, if the misconnects are truly random, then the probability of one misconnect is proportional to the number of seats sold. But it is not completely random, and is a function of typical connect times for the flight intake, and typical origins for flight connects. Our world is not always random.

I think Seth is correct. But, psychologically I feel better when I am looking for a CPU to see lots of unsold seats up front.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
I had a GS agent offer to do the searches from Hubs to all European gateways for a vacation, and then call me back with options.
Great! Will this GS agent now help the non-GS MP members with similar searches?

I've contacted 1kvoice but will wait for the usual 30 day response time...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Anti trust?

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I just got an email from Award Wallet saying DL was pulling their info as well. I know it's not exactly price fixing but I would bet with DL's timing as well as AC now also pulling their bucket transparency as well that the airlines got together & discussed this first. I guess it's not illegal but others would know better then I. At least it's not UA picking on us. It looks like they are all doing this. My guess is AA comes next
This is directly related to a customer facing point of sale web service. Could this qualify as price fixing and run afoul of anti-trust regulations?

Is there someone with legal experience that can chime in?

V/r,

-Cyborg
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by fsfsfsfs
Great! Will this GS agent now help the non-GS MP members with similar searches?

I've contacted 1kvoice but will wait for the usual 30 day response time...
Spend enough to make GS and you too can be treated as well as Gold's 10 years ago or GM's 20 years ago.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Originally Posted by hughw
Do than and I'm in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.