Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pmUA 767-300 Domestic on EWR-FRA?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Wife and I are on 767-300 new config 2 class (30 lie flat business class seats) EWR-IST and return (UA Flt 904/905) in October.

We are in coach, in row 21 A/B. Seatguru shows limited recline. Anyone been in these seats and can confirm (how bad is it?)

All the economy plus A/B and L/K seats are taken. Should we switch to center section for more comfort (recline)?

Can anyone confirm that row 22D/E/F are economy plus? Seatguru shows them as regular economy but UA shows them as E+

thanks.

BTW when we bought the ticket is was a 3 class 767

Last edited by nachosdelux; Sep 7, 2012 at 3:17 am
Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Wife and I are on 767-300 new config 2 class (30 lie flat business class seats) EWR-IST and return (UA Flt 904/905) in October.

We are in coach, in row 21 A/B. Seatguru shows limited recline. Anyone been in these seats and can confirm (how bad is it?)

All the economy plus A/B and L/K seats are taken. Should we switch to center section for more comfort (recline)?

Can anyone confirm that row 22D/E/F are economy plus? Seatguru shows them as regular economy but UA shows them as E+

thanks.

Wow, didn't notice this until your post. Yes, the famous and best E seats 21A/B turn in to the worse seats on the new configured. If they are really in front of the exit, then they will not really recline much at all and I would find a new place to sit.
Good luck
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by AZjohns
Wow, didn't notice this until your post. Yes, the famous and best E seats 21A/B turn in to the worse seats on the new configured. If they are really in front of the exit, then they will not really recline much at all and I would find a new place to sit.
Good luck

thanks for the help. just switched seats. not happy about going from best to worst but oh well, at least there are some E+ options available.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat
thanks for the help. just switched seats. not happy about going from best to worst but oh well, at least there are some E+ options available.
Cool, please report back if this is indeed correct.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry

thanks.

I will let you know about all the above questions when I get back this sunday.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWR764
They are revenue sharing with LH on the route, so the 744 EWR-FRA and 744/A380 JFK-FRA might as well be UA flights too. The 757 seems a bit strange, but transatlantic capacity decisions are made jointly with the JV partners.

As for the 764, in the new configuration it has 242 seats, only 24 fewer than the three cabin 777. It's a fairly high-capacity a/c.
Actually the 764 replaces a 2-class pmCO 777. Still, the 757 looks pretty odd for a high-frequency route like that.
I guess, I'll stick with IAD-FRA for the time being.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Actually the 764 replaces a 2-class pmCO 777. Still, the 757 looks pretty odd for a high-frequency route like that.
I guess, I'll stick with IAD-FRA for the time being.
Right, but my point is that the delta in capacity between the 764 and the various 777 configurations isn't all that much. The 757 flight leaves EWR before 5pm and is similarly-timed to the LH A380 across the river at JFK, so perhaps anything larger than a 757 at that time of day would be too much capacity.

BTW, the super-early TATL flights are absolutely horrible... arrival in FRA is before midnight East Coast time. They should call them 'Jetlag Specials'!
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
I will let you know about all the above questions when I get back this sunday.
I'm flying IST-EWR this sunday. Seat map now changed to a ghetto bird config with 34 business seats..I hope it's just wrong and I end up in either newly config 763 or the PMUA 763.....

Quite disappointed
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hirohito888
I'm flying IST-EWR this sunday. Seat map now changed to a ghetto bird config with 34 business seats..I hope it's just wrong and I end up in either newly config 763 or the PMUA 763.....

Quite disappointed
While UA is now anti-consumer, there's just no way they're going to fly a domestic config plane on a 5,000 mile route. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: United mileage plus
UA 119 EWR-FRA November 4

I flew on UA119 last night and it is indeed the Hawaiin-configured plane. Even the FAs were confused when directing the people to their seats because of the different configuration. I was told by an FA that they are using the plane for the next month which is unfortunate as the plane has a cramped feeling compared to the 764ER that CO uses. I hope this helps.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:00 am

Flew in 18 A/B from EWR-IST and there is LOTS of extra legroom. Very comfortable. We were upgraded (GPU) on the return but the flight was cancelled due to Sandy, but that is another (long) story. Fortunately we got home ok.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jbfuentes
I flew on UA119 last night and it is indeed the Hawaiin-configured plane. Even the FAs were confused when directing the people to their seats because of the different configuration. I was told by an FA that they are using the plane for the next month which is unfortunate as the plane has a cramped feeling compared to the 764ER that CO uses. I hope this helps.
confused? its the exact same airplane!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.