Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Price change between regular search and advanced search

Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1K MM

There's probably a simple answer but I noticed something strange with a search today...I'm looking at booking two seats to London with the hope of upgrading using GRUs. That means I'm looking for (probably) Q, V, W fares. When I do a general search, several options come up including some W fare tickets at $1,179 (other cheaper fares also show but not upgrade-eligible like S).

An advanced search, limited to Q, V, W fares gives me some of those same flights, including those previous W fares, but at $1,256 - a $77 increase for the same days, same flights, same fare class. What gives?

FYI - doesn't matter if I'm signed in or not. Am I missing some reason to book through the advanced search process especially if I want to waitlist for upgrades (R0, RN0)?

Last edited by hans; Sep 4, 2012 at 2:14 pm
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: Several dozen
You could call and complain to United, but I believe they are now charging a new $77 fee for each item checked with the complaint department.

Originally Posted by hans
There's probably a simple answer but I noticed something strange with a search today...I'm looking at booking two seats to London with the hope of upgrading using GRUs. That means I'm looking for (probably) Q, V, W fares. When I do a general search, several options come up including some W fare tickets at $1,179 (other cheaper fares also show but not upgrade-eligible like S).

An advanced search, limited to Q, V, W fares gives me some of those same flights, including those previous W fares, but at $1,256 - a $77 increase for the same days, same flights, same fare class. What gives?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.