Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier Access security lines at which airports?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:11 am
Original Poster

So i'm an *S through OZ and I was thinking that *S really didn't get many benefits but this is apparently a big one. Flying out of MIA today on UA I skipped the security line with their Premier Access program. I was wondering, is there a list of supported airports where the security line skipping is in place somewhere? I couldn't find it on the FAQ.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: VAG
Good question. Most of the big airports have it in some form or another nowadays. I have no idea whether there's a list though.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Flying out of SFO as a 1K, I find there's often little to no difference between the main line and the Premier Access line - both have horrendous wait times. Conversely, flying out of LHR, where the fast line is reserved for Business and First Class only, there also is little difference in wait times - because there's almost never a line at all!!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:48 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
There is an older thread from the pmUA Forum, but it's pretty stale/out of date.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-threads

If someone is interested in creating and maintaining such a thread for this forum, please feel free to start one; I am sure it would be greatly appreciated!

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 4, 2012 at 11:04 am
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: CX DM, Shang Jade, Hyatt Globalist
Premium line at S. terminal at DEN was wide open yesterday during a really busy labor day. I was also impressed with the premier check-in...totally empty. (GREAT agents too, was checking bag.)

Haven't flown through DEN since the merger so consider this but one minor data point.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only *G (non-UA) have access to the PA security lines...? UA Silver does, but I'm pretty sure *S doesn't.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Originally Posted by Critic
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only *G (non-UA) have access to the PA security lines...? UA Silver does, but I'm pretty sure *S doesn't.
Per .bomb: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx

"Premier Access is available to the following customers:

MileagePlus® Premier® members
United First®, United Global FirstSM, United Business® and United BusinessFirst®
Copa Airlines Clase Ejecutiva customers
Star Alliance Gold and Silver members
MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus credit cardmembers"

Premier Access includes the PA security lane.

Part of the reason most of these are a zoo during peak times :/

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Flying out of SFO as a 1K, I find there's often little to no difference between the main line and the Premier Access line - both have horrendous wait times. Conversely, flying out of LHR, where the fast line is reserved for Business and First Class only, there also is little difference in wait times - because there's almost never a line at all!!
I bit the bullet and bought a CLEAR membership earlier this year. Best. Decision. Ever. Monday mornings ~5:45am I get through security in about 3min from the time I do the fingerprint ID to picking up my bags. Only thing better has been pre-check at SEA so we'll see how that gets implemented when/if it rolls out to SFO. In the meantime I would highly suggest CLEAR to any peak-time SFO travelers.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
There is an older thread from the pmUA Forum, but it's pretty stale/out of date.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-threads

If someone is interested in creating and maintaining such a thread for this forum, please feel free to start one; I am sure it would be greatly appreciated!

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
This is exactly why we need in-post wikis! It would be so much easier to maintain this sort of list that way, as opposed to one person having to maintain from here through eternity!

Last edited by chrisdeaner; Sep 4, 2012 at 11:54 am
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by pemabuk
Premium line at S. terminal at DEN was wide open yesterday during a really busy labor day. I was also impressed with the premier check-in...totally empty. (GREAT agents too, was checking bag.)

Haven't flown through DEN since the merger so consider this but one minor data point.
Most likely because of labor day. DEN is almost always jam packed with people in the elite & kettle lines.. The fact that they've also closed all of the WTMDs makes it even slower
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:35 pm

Seriously? *S from other airlines get PA security lines?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by chrisdeaner
Per .bomb: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx

"Premier Access is available to the following customers:

MileagePlus® Premier® members
United First®, United Global FirstSM, United Business® and United BusinessFirst®
Copa Airlines Clase Ejecutiva customers
Star Alliance Gold and Silver members
MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus credit cardmembers"

Premier Access includes the PA security lane.

Part of the reason most of these are a zoo during peak times :/
I know that's what the website says, but it's been covered in other threads here that the application of PA benefits isn't consistent. Some stations have PA check-in counters for everyone on that list, while some eliminate Silvers & Golds. Ditto customer service counters. That's why I'm almost positive the PA signage at the security checkpoints usually only references *G...
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Critic
I know that's what the website says, but it's been covered in other threads here that the application of PA benefits isn't consistent. Some stations have PA check-in counters for everyone on that list, while some eliminate Silvers & Golds. Ditto customer service counters. That's why I'm almost positive the PA signage at the security checkpoints usually only references *G...
I was allowed in the PA line with "Priority Boarding" (the Explorer card perk) at IAH a few times before making Silver, but kept out of the PA line at LIT. It depends, but even small airports like LIT are going to PA lines of some form (it's every airline's program at that little 12-gate airport, not UA specific).
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: Continental (Silver)
List of airports with United Premier security screening?

Can anyone point me to a list of airports with priority security screening for United Premier (Elite) customers? Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:54 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
It could use some updating, but http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...light=security
Old Dec 23, 2012, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
EWR: where all elites (and CC holders) truly are equal

Arrived at EWR so-called "Premier Access" check-in just now to find one massive line, and the employee feeding all flyers into the 1K/Plat line (with Gold/Silver blocked off entirely). Probably 100+ people in the line. I tried to explain it to the employee working (that they really should be two separate lines), and she said "sir, all these people are traveling with their families".

So I went down to the GS area and checked in there, no questions asked (nor did she verify that I wasn't even GS )

Asked for a SD at both the GS checkin as well as the UClub, apparently none on site. I was told "just write it in and they will listen". Sure...

At least they still have some respect for higher status levels at the PMUA hubs.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
At least they still have some respect for higher status levels at the PMUA hubs.
Really?? Apparently you were not at SFO Friday night (12/21) at 8:30. It looked like a flash mob had emerged over a Justin Bieber sighting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.