Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

AMS lounge options for the UA traveler, *A Schengen; Aspire, non-Schengen + Polaris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Consolidated connection time/logistics at AMS
Amsterdam (AMS) Lounge - Star Alliance
The Star Alliance Lounge at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, the latest addition to the Star Alliance lounge line up, located in the Schengen area, offers a contemporary design with uniquely Dutch details where guests are invited to sit back and relax or make use of the sophisticated workspaces.
The serviced bar offers offers guests a wide range of drinks and refreshments in the afternoons and evenings, while the kitchen and buffet offer a range of hot and cold meal options with a local twist..
Non-schengen lounge
Swissport’s Aspire 41 lounge (contracted lounge -- used by UA)
Opening hours: DAILY 06:00-23:00

Other options
Print Wikipost

AMS lounge options for the UA traveler, *A Schengen; Aspire, non-Schengen + Polaris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:00 pm

Star alliance lounge in AMS

Will I be able to access this upon arrival from Newark? And when departing back to EWR can I access it even though its in the Shengen section ? im star gold and flying j.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jr2009
Will I be able to access this upon arrival from Newark?
There's no *A lounge access without a departing flight from that airport.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jr2009
Will I be able to access this upon arrival from Newark? And when departing back to EWR can I access it even though its in the Shengen section ? im star gold and flying j.
No, you have no access on arrival. You won’t have access to the new Star Alliance lounge you’re referring to, but you might have departure access to the old Aspire lounge (not sure if Gold status works or if you need to be in a front cabin - maybe someone else knows).

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Apr 19, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With some pics:

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/s...-schiphol.html
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
More pics in FT *A forum's Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS
onthesam likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
No more AMS Contract Lounge access as UA*G !

Confirmed today at AMS Aspire lounge, United has changed the contract; only Polaris class customers are allowed in.

Given that the Star Alliance Lounge is located on the Schengen side, this is a huge devaluation for International customers transiting or departing Amsterdam.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
No loss it’s a terrible lounge. *A or bust 😀
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
No loss it’s a terrible lounge. *A or bust 😀
Luckily, AMS has a lot of nice non-lounge options pre-and post-security.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:58 am

Lounge in Amsterdam / Polaris meal?

Booked a flight for September EWR to Basel and then Amsterdam to EWR through Lufthansa. The flight from Amsterdam back to the U.S. is on United and booked in business class. Any idea of the lounge we would use in Amsterdam? Wasn't sure if Lufthansa had one there, couldn't find it so I think not but wanted to ask. Second question is what should we expect as a lunch meal from Amsterdam back to EWR, business class is listed as Polaris. I have looked on that thread but I haven't seen any posts leaving from Europe back to the U.S. only going, not sure if they are the same / similar as the start point is different. Any information is welcomed.

Thank you

Last edited by jfga2014; Jan 29, 2020 at 6:26 am
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by jfga2014
Booked a flight for September EWR to Basel and then Amsterdam to EWR through Lufthansa. The flight from Amsterdam back to the U.S. is on United and booked in business class. Any idea of the lounge we would use in Amsterdam? Wasn't sure if Lufthansa had one there, couldn't find it so I think not but wanted to ask. Second question is what should we expect as a lunch meal from Amsterdam back to EWR, business class is listed as Polaris. I have looked on that thread but I haven't seen any posts leaving from Europe back to the U.S. only going, not sure if they are the same / similar as the start point is different. Any information is welcomed.

Thank you
Was just there and there is no *G lounge available if you are flying back to USA. If you have Priority Plus, you can get into the Aspire (and I think BA) lounge.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:57 am

Thank you and yes we have Priority Plus
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:41 am

https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html

Click on partner lounge

op has access to aspire via UA polaris ticket out of AMS, don't need priority pass. Lounge isn't that good

You can get access to *G lounge in the Schengen section of AMS (it's a little bit more annoying and out of way, location look nice but reviews say food isn't that good either)

The *alliance lounge finder is slightly outdated (still lists some contract lounges like aspire AMS accessible by UA gold flying on UA economy even though UA changed policy as of 1/1/2020 to deny such access)
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:08 am

Thanks - I looked on the Amex platinum card website and priority and seems we will be able to use the British Air lounge which is next door to Aspire.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Was just there and there is no *G lounge available if you are flying back to USA. If you have Priority Plus, you can get into the Aspire (and I think BA) lounge.
I thought the *G lounge was accessible to AMS-US flyers if one is willing to go through security twice - is that not the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.