Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

AMS lounge options for the UA traveler, *A Schengen; Aspire, non-Schengen + Polaris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Consolidated connection time/logistics at AMS
Amsterdam (AMS) Lounge - Star Alliance
The Star Alliance Lounge at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, the latest addition to the Star Alliance lounge line up, located in the Schengen area, offers a contemporary design with uniquely Dutch details where guests are invited to sit back and relax or make use of the sophisticated workspaces.
The serviced bar offers offers guests a wide range of drinks and refreshments in the afternoons and evenings, while the kitchen and buffet offer a range of hot and cold meal options with a local twist..
Non-schengen lounge
Swissport’s Aspire 41 lounge (contracted lounge -- used by UA)
Opening hours: DAILY 06:00-23:00

Other options
Print Wikipost

AMS lounge options for the UA traveler, *A Schengen; Aspire, non-Schengen + Polaris

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat

Flew BF today AMS-EWR; told to go to the ServisAir lounge--what a dump. Coffee machine not working; miniature pastries dumped in heaps in the warmer; cheese squares and no crackers; thin slices of bread and not butter...really low end. Made me look forward to the Club in EWR.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by boss315
Flew BF today AMS-EWR; told to go to the ServisAir lounge--what a dump. Coffee machine not working; miniature pastries dumped in heaps in the warmer; cheese squares and no crackers; thin slices of bread and not butter...really low end. Made me look forward to the Club in EWR.
Unless your flying KLM or Delta out of AMS, pickings are bad for everyone
Old Jul 22, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: Too many
You should have seen the old lounge.... That was really a dump. While the current AMS contract lounge isn't the best it is 100 times better than what it used to be and a much welcomed change. But I agree it could be better. My biggest complaint is they have 1/2 of it blocked off for SQ passengers during the UA flight times. I couldn't even find a seat last time I was there, yet the blocked off side had 4-5 people in it and 20+ vacant seats. While standing and drinking my beer I saw many people ask why so many open seats and nobody can use them and lounge agents just said sorry SQ pays to have that area reserved for only their passengers during certain hours.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: united 1K
I don't even go there, it is one of the worst I know and the people working there....no kidding, so arrogant...So., like me..take the Starbucks, I always do
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:05 pm

I also can't care too much of going there. Only good reason was to be able to use the internet, but even that's free now at AMS.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The last two times I've come back from AMS I've used my DL Skyclub membership to get me into the KLM lounge. Much better alternative.

As others have said the old UA lounge was a true dump!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zambonisk
The last two times I've come back from AMS I've used my DL Skyclub membership to get me into the KLM lounge. Much better alternative.

As others have said the old UA lounge was a true dump!
This could be harder to do in the future as the DL website now indicates that the AMS KLM lounges are departures only, presumably on SkyTeam.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:33 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Does a *G in Y get a lounge invite... or told there is no lounge here?

Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ted
Does a *G in Y get a lounge invite... or told there is no lounge here?

Thanks.
You are told - if the check in agent is adequate.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Only good reason was to be able to use the internet, but even that's free now at AMS.
Learned something! I'll be in AMS in early Sept, so good to know.

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
I like to use the paid showers at hotel mercure inside AMS when arriving.
I think the rate is 15 euros and includes soap , towels, etc.

The Klm lounge has good showers but...cannot get in with UA or *G status
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:24 pm

Last time I was at AMS I went to the SQ lounge, which was quite nice. From what I read here it seems they closed? Sad.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: A few.
Amsterdam lounge

At the end of the month flying united global first Amsterdam to Chicago. I have a 3 hour + layover. What is my best lounge option? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
no *A lounges at AMS
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ir-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...iness-ams.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...al-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-lhr-ams.html
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Singapore has a very nice lounge at AMS that takes *G members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.