Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Webcast of Upcoming Management Meetings Sept 5th and 6th

Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM

On September 5th, at 11 am ET, and September 6th, at 11:30 am ET, United's management is scheduled to appear before institutional investors at two brokerage conferences.

To access these events live, click the link 5 minutes before each presentation scheduled start.

http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings....&p=irol-IRHome

I am sure replays will also be available.

These investor presentations can be mundane. However, given all of the operational and integration issues since March 3rd, and the dissatisfaction of so many elites, these particular calls could actually be a bit more interesting. No word on who will be presenting, but I'll bet my last GPU the speaker will stay way from calling some customers overentitled.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium

Thanks for the link. Hopefully I can connect to one of them.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Here is the Dahlman, Rose & Co link:

http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings....ventID=4830522

Nothing notable in the presentation, other then (and it was reported earlier), YoY capacity will now be down 2%

If you just want to see the slides, they are here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...RJRD00Nzg3NDI= (opens in a PDF)
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Slide 16 shows a decent interior rendering of the new ORD T2 United Club. Looks sharp, more earth tones than blues. Less wood than the Presidents Clubs.

Sure wish UA would publicize the design concept for United Clubs going forward...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I get this is a finance-heavy presentation - but telling how there's zero mention of "customer service" or "brand loyalty" or anything like that. Basically, "cut capacity, reduce debt, buy/build new stuff".

I bet an AA presentation would look very different.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I get this is a finance-heavy presentation - but telling how there's zero mention of "customer service" or "brand loyalty" or anything like that. Basically, "cut capacity, reduce debt, buy/build new stuff".

Rainey actually commented about that.....

Something like: This is a little different then what we are used to presenting, as its more on the numbers side.

There was a question from an analyst... something about integration, and he mentioned a standard answer.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
Slide 16 shows a decent interior rendering of the new ORD T2 United Club. Looks sharp, more earth tones than blues. Less wood than the Presidents Clubs.

Sure wish UA would publicize the design concept for United Clubs going forward...
Slide 16 also shows the new agent SHARES overlay - possibly the more enhanced "Check It."

Not an expert but looks intuitive, modern, and complete if it actually gets implemented. Labeling a 739 as a 747 looks like work to be done.

The slide also shows something impossible -- hooking an iPad up to the AVOD unit. I've endured the disappointment that only iPhines work with it.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Rainey actually commented about that.....

Something like: This is a little different then what we are used to presenting, as its more on the numbers side.

There was a question from an analyst... something about integration, and he mentioned a standard answer.
Yup. But I'm guessing he/they think they can find success without those pesky over-entitled elites & HVFs so not too surprising
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:52 pm

Yup. But I'm guessing he/they think they can find success without those pesky over-entitled elites & HVFs so not too surprising
He did mention a 16-17.00 per cap of ancillary revenue....

So yea.... $2.5 Billion (yes, with a "B"), might just cover some "entitlement" flier loss.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Today's call (which is now in progress) is more interesting (JS is the speaker, not the CFO). So far, JS stated that new Shares interface will launch on October 1st, which will be more intuitive to front line employees. It will also allow for front line employees to push the "upsell" opportunities to higher priced cabins. A new version of TODs coming soon, with employees pushing the product?

Also JS stated that 300 mainline aircraft will have satellite-based wifi by the end of 2013. Haven't heard that number before. Hope that is true.

Replay probably available in an hour for those interested.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by dkc715
Today's call (which is now in progress) is more interesting (JS is the speaker, not the CFO). So far, JS stated that new Shares interface will launch on October 1st, which will be more intuitive to front line employees. .
Reminder to self - don't book a flight for October 1 or 2.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Exclamation

World leading network, blah blah

787 blah blah

Invest in people, customers, technology How about 30 year old SHARES, 15 year old web design, countless bugs, and anti-customer COdbaUA policy?

Creating value for business people How about TOD upgrades and crappy customer service?

Unrivaled customer experience? I almost spill my coffee.

Nothing new from this CFO who thinks we are over-entitled elites.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by hans
Reminder to self - don't book a flight for October 1 or 2.
You are incredibly optimistic to think it's only going to miserable for 2 days
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by dkc715
Replay probably available in an hour for those interested.
Do you know where?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhyPayRent
Do you know where?
Here:

http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings....ventID=4826823

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.