Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CPU questions for status change after reservation has been made...

Old Aug 25, 12, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat

Sorry but I can't seem to find this anywhere when searing but hopefully simple question:

Since the beginning of the month I have gone from a UA MP GM to UA Silver, now am UA Gold, and next month will be UA Platinum, the month after 1K. I have all my reservations booked until year end.

My question is how will my CPU's be processed, by the MP level at the time I made the reservation (which will be very low), or will the UA system somehow see I am now a higher level and put me in the appropriate upgrade window, for example my trip to LAS tuesday, I made when a GM, now am Gold, will I see any CPU's possibly at t-48 hours??

THANKS !!
Old Aug 25, 12, 6:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by whitethunder View Post
... or will the UA system somehow see I am now a higher level and put me in the appropriate upgrade window, for example my trip to LAS tuesday, I made when a GM, now am Gold, will I see any CPU's possibly at t-48 hours??

THANKS !!
It should be based on your present status. Some have felt better by calling and having their MP number removed and then reentered. But that should be unneeded.
You can test this by seeing if you CPU is provided or waitlisted at t-48
Old Aug 25, 12, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Sorry but I can't seem to find this anywhere when searing but hopefully simple question:

Since the beginning of the month I have gone from a UA MP GM to UA Silver, now am UA Gold, and next month will be UA Platinum, the month after 1K. I have all my reservations booked until year end.

My question is how will my CPU's be processed, by the MP level at the time I made the reservation (which will be very low), or will the UA system somehow see I am now a higher level and put me in the appropriate upgrade window, for example my trip to LAS tuesday, I made when a GM, now am Gold, will I see any CPU's possibly at t-48 hours??

THANKS !!
You will be fine. One of the advantages of the new CPU process is that is isn't based off a static list. Instead, when CPU runs (at each T-24 interval) it actively goes through each upgrade eligible passenger, determines his/her upgrade priority and processes upgrades in order. All that matters is your status at the time of the sweep.
Old Aug 25, 12, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
You can test this by seeing if you CPU is provided or waitlisted at t-48
How can you tell if you're waitlisted at the 48? There doesn't seem to be any visibility into the CO black box CPU system.
Old Aug 25, 12, 6:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by channa View Post
How can you tell if you're waitlisted at the 48? There doesn't seem to be any visibility into the CO black box CPU system.
I don't know how to do it on the current website, but the new one (currently in testing) may show the waitlisting of CPUs:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...tus-indicator/
Old Aug 25, 12, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by SFOPhD View Post
I don't know how to do it on the current website, but the new one (currently in testing) may show the waitlisting of CPUs:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...tus-indicator/

That's the one they were supposed to release yesterday but it was so buggy they deferred it.

It's not clear what they were displaying on that one -- whether it was truly authoritative CPU status, or it's just estimating CPU eligibility based on other factors in the record.

I know that when I loaded it on the test site, my ressies didn't all show it correctly (it was listed on most, but not all), including an imminent trip that did not show that I was CPU eligible. I subsequently cleared CPU at the 96-hour mark for all segments, despite the test website not indicating any CPU eligibility whatsoever.

Bottom line, like much of CO's technology, it's not terribly reliable. Hopefully they'll try it again and do better next time.
Old Aug 25, 12, 7:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by channa View Post
correct, I was getting ahead of the IT changes.
Old Aug 25, 12, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick replies, I will guess we shall see at my interval what happens !!

Last thing I'm wondering, since all three flights look pretty wide open in F, Would my connection flights clear at t-48 for them (like connection departing times), or t-48 on the time of my initial flight out of my home airport (YEG)

thanks again
Old Aug 25, 12, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Thanks for the quick replies, I will guess we shall see at my interval what happens !!

Last thing I'm wondering, since all three flights look pretty wide open in F, Would my connection flights clear at t-48 for them (like connection departing times), or t-48 on the time of my initial flight out of my home airport (YEG)

thanks again
Each flight is processed independently so it'll be at t-48 for each flight segment.
Old Aug 25, 12, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antipode View Post
Each flight is processed independently so it'll be at t-48 for each flight segment.
awesome thanks for the info

Im not gonna bother calling in to remove and re-add MP number, I'll just hang tight and see what happens

thanks guys, appreciate all the info!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: