Loading fare buckets

Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Loading fare buckets

Probably a rookie question, but here goes. Flying into CDG late next June and back from FCO in July. All the R inventory is either gone or never was. Does UA sometimes reload the R fare bucket or should I forget about it and look at other options?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by GoSpurs
Probably a rookie question, but here goes. Flying into CDG late next June and back from FCO in July. All the R inventory is either gone or never was. Does UA sometimes reload the R fare bucket or should I forget about it and look at other options?
As long as there are business class seats left on the flight there is the chance that more R space will open up. As the flight gets closer and seats remain unsold the chances get better and better.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
There has been lots of discussion in various threads about UA's limited releasing of R inventory. Basically, they try to hold on to the seats as long as possible in the hopes of selling them. At some point -- much closer to your departure date -- they may release some seats. Enjoy your trip.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:55 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Watching for years and also focused on next June Europe/US trips I can honestly say there isn't any pattern when they open up R inventory.

For a while it started to look like every Friday or Saturday and then of course last week nothing

So you should always have a plan B or C. For me, my plan B was just to book award flights and just wait for R inventory to open up. Of course finding routes with award inventory is also something you can spend hours at, but be open to *A partner inventory also.

Being 1K I can cancel the award flights when R opens up. I'm not sure what the fee is for less the 1K members?

Don't give up and be creative flying anywhere over the Atlantic and then connect with a short flight in Europe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.