Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discrepancy in seat availability between existing reservation and a new reservation

Discrepancy in seat availability between existing reservation and a new reservation

Old Aug 9, 12, 6:19 am
Original Poster

As I was looking to change my seats for a flight that I had already purchased, I would occasionally check to see what seats were available without logging in to my account or entering my record locator.

When I did this a little while ago I saw a seat that I wanted so I entered my record locator to access my reservation to change my seat. Lo and behold, the availability was much less than before! So I called and got them to do it for me manually. In the interim I checked on two other flights that I have booked. One did not show any discrepancy but the other did. Reservations said I should talk to web support about the issue. As it turns out, when web support entered my confirmation number using firefox they did not see the restricted availability ... so while the agent was sympathetic there wasn't much he could tell me because he wasn't seeing that discrepancy. So I'm completely befuddled and I'm wondering if any other flyertalkers have experienced this discrepancy.

Note that I've checked several times and the discrepancy has not gone away. It's always the same exact plentiful seat-availability when I'm not logged in, and the same exact scarce seat-availability when I enter my record locator.

I'd also like to add that for one of the two flights that were showing the discrepancy, the potential ticket that I was looking at to make a "new reservation" was the same class as my existing reservation.

Search this Thread