Wiki Posts
Search

UA845 to UA861 - ORD > GIG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat
UA845 to UA861 - ORD > GIG

Doses UA allow a stopover on UA861? (IAD > GRU > GIG)

We were looking at heading down to GIG later this year and thougt about spending a day or two in Sao Paolo. A coworker informed me that UA does not permit passengers to board 861 (GRU > GIG) who are not coming in from a connecting flight.

I tried setting up a reward booking online but for kept getting the error message "united does not fly between these two cities"

We would like to fly ewr > ord > GRU (stop) > gig > return
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Doses UA allow a stopover on UA861? (IAD > GRU > GIG)

We were looking at heading down to GIG later this year and thougt about spending a day or two in Sao Paolo. A coworker informed me that UA does not permit passengers to board 861 (GRU > GIG) who are not coming in from a connecting flight.

I tried setting up a reward booking online but for kept getting the error message "united does not fly between these two cities"

We would like to fly ewr > ord > GRU (stop) > gig > return
You can stopover in GRU, but you will need to fly on another airline to get to GIG..you can't fly GRU-GIG on UA on a different day than you flew from the US into GRU. Your coworker was correct. Much like the same rule existing in the US... no foreign carrier can sell tickets between 2 US cities. The only flights that operate between 2 cities in the US by foreign carriers are continuations of international flights and no new passengers are allowed to board. Air New Zealand flights 1&2 are an example that comes to mind... it flies Auckland to LAX and then continues onto JFK and back..but no new passengers can board at LAX..and on the return all passengers flying JFK-LAX must continue on to AKL.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Stop over will change the fare. Then from GRU-GIG You will have to take a TAM Dom flight as UA can not pick up passengers in GRU going to GIG. But you can of course do it by paying the new fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.