Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using UA miles on MH (Malaysia Airlines)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Using UA miles on MH (Malaysia Airlines)

I was doing a search a few hours ago for a UA award ticket from DOH to PER and the results came up with the standard QR flights, but I also noticed an interesting connection it offered from DOH to KUL and KUL to PER. The KUL to PER segment was a QR coded flight but operated by Malaysia Airlines. I don't think UA and MH are partners, so this could be an interesting opportunity for somebody to use UA miles on both QR and MH before the partnership ends in September.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
good find -)
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
What dates? I tried a quick search and one result showed a KUL-BKK segment on MS (EgyptAir) but no MH. Would be interested to see this.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by star_world
What dates? I tried a quick search and one result showed a KUL-BKK segment on MS (EgyptAir) but no MH. Would be interested to see this.
Try June 11th, 2013
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

MH flights usually show up when searching for award availability to LGK (no Star carrier flies there). Of course, I get an error when I try to complete the reservation.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdm1130
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Of course, I get an error when I try to complete the reservation.
I just tried booking what I suggested and it allowed me to go all the way to the passenger information screen, so I think its safe to say that it can be booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.