All 3 confirmed seats gone- anyone else

Old Aug 4, 12, 6:20 am
Original Poster

All 3 confirmed seats gone- anyone else

I have a UA from LAX to SFO in December, seat number is gone

I have 2 trips from SFO to LAX in February, seat numbers are gone.

All are first class seating. What happened? Anyone else has seats missing from confirmed and ticketed reservations?
Old Aug 4, 12, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
There are lots of seat assignment issues being reported -- mostly around day of departure or day or two before departure issues when the aircraft number is swapped (people losing exit rows for example).

I wouldn't lump your issue into those, though. I would guess that since it's the weekend, they're probably running schedule changes, and have blanked out seat maps in many cases where they're manipulating flights.

I would check it late Sunday or Monday morning and if they're not restored, then go in and fix t.
Old Aug 4, 12, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa View Post
There are lots of seat assignment issues being reported -- mostly around day of departure or day or two before departure issues when the aircraft number is swapped (people losing exit rows for example).

I wouldn't lump your issue into those, though. I would guess that since it's the weekend, they're probably running schedule changes, and have blanked out seat maps in many cases where they're manipulating flights.

I would check it late Sunday or Monday morning and if they're not restored, then go in and fix t.

Thanks.....seats back up. So many glitches on UA lately.
Old Aug 4, 12, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Thanks.....seats back up. So many glitches on UA lately.
Friday evenings and occasionally Sunday evenings are when schedule changes are normally processed. Anything is fair game until the next morning and one should not worry until things get "Ironed out in the wash", or something like that!
Old Aug 4, 12, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Are you sure you didn't have a change of aircraft type? I have an ATL-EWR flight next month (connecting to BOM) that switched last night from an ERJ170 to a RJ145. Fortunately I was auto-moved into an A seat as every seat is now taken!
Old Aug 4, 12, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by txflyer77 View Post
Are you sure you didn't have a change of aircraft type? I have an ATL-EWR flight next month (connecting to BOM) that switched last night from an ERJ170 to a RJ145. Fortunately I was auto-moved into an A seat as every seat is now taken!
Again, anything is possible, but you should wait for awhile before trying to figure out where you stand or sit. Seriously, go and do a dummy booking and look at the seat map, and even doing that may not be realistic as it may be too early for these flights to be 100% correct. Trying to correct anything immediately after a change is an exercise in futility!

A side note, many times after these schedule or flight changes new selected seats may not stick for a few days either.
Old Aug 4, 12, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
FYI, I've used this change to a sub-par regional jet (from a nicer one) as an excuse to get moved to a different flight, might be worth looking into. Especially if it gets you into EWR a bit earlier
Old Aug 4, 12, 9:12 am
Suspended

(connecting to BOM)
Is this relevant? Do people with connecting to domestic and/or international flights not have seat assignments disappear?

Search this Thread