Search

Live 787 Unveiling

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:08 pm

For those who don't have facebook...

Old Jul 31, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: VAG
Oh, it does still have a beige belly

Still, not bad-looking. I'm sure the thrill of sitting in a good-lookin' plane won't wear off when I'm packed for sixteen hours sitting nine-abreast into a plane designed for eight.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Is there some Boeing rule that all 787s must be white with maybe a splat of color here and there? I watched a JAL 787 take off yesterday from Logan and aside from the tail it could have been any airline. That's not a livery, it's a generic name badge: "Hi, my name is _______"
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy
Is there some Boeing rule that all 787s must be white with maybe a splat of color here and there? I watched a JAL 787 take off yesterday from Logan and aside from the tail it could have been any airline. That's not a livery, it's a generic name badge: "Hi, my name is _______"
You mean, the usual JAL livery? What were you expecting? JAL is Japanese minimalism at its best. It's ANA which has a tendency to go for the... uhhh, less restrained liveries...

If you want a handsome not-so-white livery check out the Qatar 787s which have already been delivered. Or wait for the more garish deliveries for Gulf Air, Vietnam or Jetstar.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Originally Posted by IFlyHarder
I was watching, but the comments being made by the other viewers were sounding too much like an "adult" site.
Examples include: "Oh baby!", "Let me see it!", "Here it comes!", and "I wanna ride that!".
LOL!! I almost fell off my chair, awesome post ^
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I was watching, but the comments being made by the other viewers were sounding too much like an "adult" site.
Examples include: "Oh baby!", "Let me see it!", "Here it comes!", and "I wanna ride that!".
Ironic given your handle

Ugly livery. And UA screwed up the interior as well.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Ironic given your handle

Ugly livery. And UA screwed up the interior as well.
I like the livery. And have you seen the inside?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Apparently they start giving tours of the new interior on Thursday August 2, so there'll presumably be pictures available on that day.

If you google "united 787 interior" you can find some pictures which are clearly not actually of the United 787 interior.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
I don't have to see inside to know that 9 seats per row is worse than 8 seats per row.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by BayAreaPilot
I don't have to see inside to know that 9 seats per row is worse than 8 seats per row.

You are downright wrong. With the large windows, dazzling ceiling, lighting and interior, 9 across will feel like 8 across. The 777 is only 16 inches wider with 9 across. The extra closeness to your seat mate with shoulders and elbows overlapping will make you feel togetherness like you have never felt, especially on those 17 hour flights.

Come together right now, Over me.

..... HOLD YOU IN HIS ARMCHAIR YOU CAN FEEL HIS DISEASE.

Last edited by BF263533; Jul 31, 2012 at 10:51 pm
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:54 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Jorgen
You mean, the usual JAL livery? What were you expecting? JAL is Japanese minimalism at its best. It's ANA which has a tendency to go for the... uhhh, less restrained liveries...

You need to search for JAL Disney livery and JALways Resocha livery. They can go for "less restrained" liveries too

JAL will have a special 787 livery for their collaboration with Studio Ghibli this fall. You can see the old design featuring children's drawings here: http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fl..._787livery.gif
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:34 am

Indeed. It's going to be just like flying on a 777 with 10 seats across in Y - a miserable experience.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold

I get where your coming from, but don't agree entirely. Another factor of the plane is the atmosphere. Many says 10 across on 777s are unbearable which I agree with for the most part, except when flying EK. EK's 777's put out an atmosphere which makes you forget it's 10 across, and the seats actually aren't that bad (the amazing AVOD helps). And frankly another factor is one's attitude. If you go into the flight thinking "It's going to be terrible, the seats are too skinny! I hate this!" you will feel uncomfortable. But if you go in with an open mind, the flight will be much better. Just my 2 cents though.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I get where your coming from, but don't agree entirely. Another factor of the plane is the atmosphere. Many says 10 across on 777s are unbearable which I agree with for the most part, except when flying EK. EK's 777's put out an atmosphere which makes you forget it's 10 across, and the seats actually aren't that bad (the amazing AVOD helps). And frankly another factor is one's attitude. If you go into the flight thinking "It's going to be terrible, the seats are too skinny! I hate this!" you will feel uncomfortable. But if you go in with an open mind, the flight will be much better. Just my 2 cents though.
All the wonderful environment in the world and the most positive attiture around won't matter when your seatmate is so large that he/she further narrows what is already going to be a tight fit.

United could have made this new aircraft something that people actually want to fly. Instead, it's going to be a prettier sardine can.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
All joking aside, with 9 accross seating I think the comments will be more like "wow, that's tight"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.