FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   I never got United Club passes from Mileage Plus Explorer card? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1371786-i-never-got-united-club-passes-mileage-plus-explorer-card.html)

webazoid Jul 29, 2012 10:35 am

I never got United Club passes from Mileage Plus Explorer card?

UNITED CLUB PASSES: You will receive two (2) United Club passes after account opening and each Anniversary ("Anniversary" is the date that is twelve month after your Enrollment Date, and the same date each twelve months thereafter). Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after account opening for delivery of United Club passes. Please allow 2 to 4 from your Anniversary each year for delivery. Valid when presented at any United Club location. Each pass is valid for one (1) guest for one (1) visit. United Club representatives will retain this certificate. No cash value. Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. All United Club membership guidelines apply. Chase is not responsible for fulfillment of United Club passes.

Hi,

I got the mileage plus explorer card. however, I never got my united club passes. will be going from lax to sgn, stopping in beijing on 32500 miles w/ united airlines via air china. should i send chase a secure message? or can i bring along my mileage plus card and swipe into the united club loung in beijing?

TTT103 Jul 29, 2012 10:41 am

Have you thought about calling Chase to inquire.

deltame Jul 29, 2012 11:35 am

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 19022506)
Hi,

I got the mileage plus explorer card. however, I never got my united club passes. will be going from lax to sgn, stopping in beijing on 32500 miles w/ united airlines via air china. should i send chase a secure message? or can i bring along my mileage plus card and swipe into the united club loung in beijing?

Yes, you can contact Chase (call or SM) to get a better idea on when the 2 UA club passes would arrive. No, your Chase credit card itself is not the credential to gain access to UA club (lounges). Furthermore, there isn't a UA operated club lounge in Beijing, so those Chase issued one time use UA Club passes would not have any use to gain lounge access -- please read this thread of yours where people already answered this part of the question. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-bkk-pek.html

smilinganddialing Jul 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Just call Chase

Call Chase and tell them you've been waiting on the passes. We had to call numerous times until I finally got a little irritated and they UPSed them to us. They claim the processing center which sends out the passes has been having some trouble.

scwam Jul 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Same problem here and I also go to PEK. I don't think you can use them there either. And they are only good for 1 visit at 1 lounge. I had to bug chase to get mine. They have a special department that handles this and they overnighted mine to me a few weeks ago. Process too more than a week to get it done.

Often1 Jul 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Why do people post on FT before even calling the vendor, in this case Chase?

jatink129 Jul 29, 2012 5:09 pm

What's the usual wait on receiving these passes? 2 months? How soon have people reported receiving them?

jdtravel Jul 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I received my passes within 3 weeks of signing up.

jatink129 Jul 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by jdtravel (Post 19024117)
I received my passes within 3 weeks of signing up.

Okay then it's definitely time for me to call too. I applied about a month ago. I thought it takes about 8-10 weeks...

mia Jul 30, 2012 2:24 am

Moderator action

Thread moved to UA forum because the problem appears to be with a benefit provided by United rather than Chase . Terms state: "Chase is not responsible for fulfillment of United Club passes."

Continental250K Jul 30, 2012 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 19023977)
Why do people post on FT before even calling the vendor, in this case Chase?

There would be so many less threads if people had some sense.

wharvey Jul 30, 2012 8:07 am

How long ago did you get your card? It took five weeks to the day for my partner and I to both get our passes.

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 19022506)
Hi,

skibum7732 Jul 31, 2012 2:16 am

my wife got hers in ~4 weeks and after 6 weeks I still hadn't got mine so I sent a SM and they mailed them out to me rarther quickly

webazoid Aug 25, 2012 6:44 pm

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-a...0/uc%25201.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-l.../s1200/uc2.jpg

Got my passes today after secure message to chase.

davewang202 Aug 25, 2012 7:08 pm

There was a thread on FT where another poster and myself had a discussion on this topic.

Basically there are two different offers: the standard 40K mile offer (25K + 5K +10K), and the elite 60K mile offer (40K + 10K).

What we ended up figuring out was that there were different languages for the two different offers. If you took the standard offer, the T&C stated that you'll receive the passes on the anniversary date - implying that you'll receive the club passes 1 year after you open your account. The language for the elite 60K mile offer was different, suggesting that you'll receive the club passes immediately, or starting from the "year 0" anniversary.

Where we ended up was that we realized the difference in the language, and we had confirmation from a bunch of different people that they took the 60K mile offer and received the passes within a month or so of the acceptance of the card. What we couldn't find was anyone that took the 40K mile offer and find out whether or not they received their "year 0" club passes.