UA vs. LH - Biz vs. First

Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 5khours
Off topic, but I do this route a lot and would always take UA GF over NH C. Nice service on NH, but for someone's who is tall the GF seat is much better. GR also gets you into the NH or UA IFC at NRT.
Yeah of course, but then again you are comparing an F product to a C one.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by burlax

My service impressions are pretty subjective, because I usually make good contact with US/UA FAs, we have small talk, etc., so, I get excellent & frequent service pretty much every time I fly. This never happens on LH / LX - FAs either don't speak good English (and I don't speak German or French) and / or are not particularly interested in making conversation. It's pretty much "here is your food, sir, enjoy".
LX and LH FAs are professional. In C they will definitely have extended chats in the galley but in the cabin they are working hard to serve the entire cabin efficiently.

On the other hand UA FAs do what they want - they are more than happy to loudly chat at a pax seat while ignoring the needs of others.

In F on LX or LH where there is a higher ratio of FAs they will engage while you are at your seat as they have back-up.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by PHLyer82
Codeshare really has no relevance as to what benefits your entitled to. If the flight was *A flight then you would get *G recognition as a 1K, but with the "weaker partnerships" the only real benefit is mileage accrual unless otherwise stated to my knowledge.
Sorry, I probably phrased that poorly. If the operating airline owns the pax FF, then do they handle mileage credit directly, or does it first have to report via the ticketing airline? (e.g. can UAMP support resolve credit issues for UA metal on a codeshare? Hence my concern of LH vs. 9W)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.