FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1368735-meal-time-cut-offs-fixed-maybe-theyre-listening.html)

goldelite8 Jul 21, 12 10:26 am

Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...)

It looks like there has been a systemwide change in catering for F meals. The system seems much more lax when it comes to meal time cutoffs and the PDA/online site is now showing "Lunch" and "Dinner" on many routes that were just showing "Snack." I can now see mid-con 10:20 AM departures with lunch and mid-con 4:10 PM departures with dinner. I was starting to get tired of the chicken/pasta plate, so this is really good news.

anc-ord772 Jul 21, 12 10:28 am

Great news if true. I wonder why the change?

keisari Jul 21, 12 10:40 am

Originally Posted by anc-ord772 (Post 18974301)
Great news if true. I wonder why the change?

I really think UA has started to listen;
After all the things we did not like, every little improvement makes us happy so I think we are going to start seeing changes we do like.

demkr Jul 21, 12 10:46 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Noticed this too. If true, thank you for listening

trekwars2000 Jul 21, 12 10:49 am

Maybe I am missing it one of my routes:
1330-1545 TPA-IAD still snack

However I do see it on:
1345-1723 ORD-TPA Lunch

arisaa Jul 21, 12 11:07 am

11.59pm departure IAH-> BOG, got dinner.

UA Insider Jul 21, 12 11:12 am

Originally Posted by goldelite8 (Post 18974293)
It looks like there has been a systemwide change in catering for F meals. The system seems much more lax when it comes to meal time cutoffs and the PDA/online site is now showing "Lunch" and "Dinner" on many routes that were just showing "Snack." I can now see mid-con 10:20 AM departures with lunch and mid-con 4:10 PM departures with dinner. I was starting to get tired of the chicken/pasta plate, so this is really good news.

Hi goldelite8, you have a keen eye and are absolutely correct. We’ve recently made some meal scheduling adjustments to our late morning, early afternoon and dinner start times. For example, in United First, you should begin seeing lunch and dinner options on short to medium haul flights (over 2.5 hours) departing between 10:00am through 7:00pm. This improvement is a direct result of customer feedback. Please keep it coming.

Shannon

demkr Jul 21, 12 11:15 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Shannon give them a BIG thanks from my stomach for me ! Thank you very much for this- more productivity at the airport instead of overpriced airport food = happy biz travelers!

Thank you for putting lunch/dinner back on 1,2,3pm ORD-SFO !

txp Jul 21, 12 11:17 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18974516)
Hi goldelite8, you have a keen eye and are absolutely correct. We’ve recently made some meal scheduling adjustments to our late morning, early afternoon and dinner start times. For example, in United First, you should begin seeing lunch and dinner options on short to medium haul flights (over 2.5 hours) departing between 10:00am through 7:00pm. This improvement is a direct result of customer feedback. Please keep it coming.

Shannon

I am one of those who has sent *repeated* constructive feedback about both the quality and quantity/availability of meals in the Front cabin. In all my feedbacks I mentioned that this was *not* the place to save money. I kept repeating how I miss the meal quality from the "old days" of CAL. Perhaps someone nostalgic of these old days decided it was time to act?

halls120 Jul 21, 12 11:21 am

Shannon

^^ My upcoming 9:54am departure IAD-SFO is listed for lunch in F, which is excellent news!

PDXPremier Jul 21, 12 11:31 am

I wonder what the specific cut-off times are for snack vs. lunch vs. dinner...can't seem to figure it out...for example, the 1:17pm DEN-IAH is a "snack" flight but the 2:39pm DEN-IAH is a "lunch" flight :confused:

maize&blue Jul 21, 12 11:32 am

excellent news!

CDKing Jul 21, 12 11:36 am

I wonder if the nasty chicken and pasta will now be considered a lunch :)

st530 Jul 21, 12 11:38 am

I noticed this last Sunday. UA 1733 DCA-IAH with a 2 pm departure had lunch (choice of cheesburger or shrimp salad, plus fruit cup and excellent chicken tortilla soup, followed by the chocolate chip cookie in a bag), whereas this flight was most definitely a "snack" flight the prior few times I'd taken it.

MileCards Jul 21, 12 11:59 am

Originally Posted by goldelite8 (Post 18974293)

Shannon

Thank you for listening!

Now make sure the new PS business isnt serving Canyon Road and if there is any way to serve soup at dinner again Delta gets less attractive.