FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1368735-meal-time-cut-offs-fixed-maybe-theyre-listening.html)

Neil35 Jul 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Glad to see meals back on United domestic flights.

I've got a strange one on my itinerary.

4:00 p.m. - 7:43 p.m. ORD - MCO
UA537 Airbus A319 Meal: Lunch

hobo13 Jul 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore (Post 18976311)
A whopping 138 people. :rolleyes:

If the statement had been:

The vast majority of the people responding to an FT poll (66%) would prefer the old UA method.
Would you still be mocking it?

keisari Jul 21, 2012 7:36 pm

I am happy Shannon is back on FT lurking and giving comments/feedback.
Welcome back and I hope this means we will "hear from you" more often.
Thank you
I really think UA is listening and slowly improving.

username Jul 21, 2012 11:39 pm

I guess with the move to add additional padding to schedule times, more meals will be served?

zoegksf Jul 22, 2012 12:11 am

Thanks Shannon. This is great news after such not so great news lately.

born sleepy Jul 22, 2012 10:45 am

Hm, my UX IAD-DFW at 2:42 still is showing "refreshments" in F, so noshing at Vino Volo while I wait.

Often1 Jul 22, 2012 11:10 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18974516)
Hi goldelite8, you have a keen eye and are absolutely correct. We’ve recently made some meal scheduling adjustments to our late morning, early afternoon and dinner start times. For example, in United First, you should begin seeing lunch and dinner options on short to medium haul flights (over 2.5 hours) departing between 10:00am through 7:00pm. This improvement is a direct result of customer feedback. Please keep it coming.

Shannon

Even though the schedule showed a "SNACK" there was a really tasty dinner including both an appetizer & a salad on DCA-IAH at 3:15 PM (approx) and on an 8:30 PM IAH-LAX, a very substantial "cold plate" which was frankly more than I would have prepared at home.

Of all of the things a carrier can do, having a real meal even when the timing doesn't quite fit, really makes it worthwhile.

aacharya Jul 22, 2012 11:17 am

Originally Posted by njcommodore (Post 18976311)
A whopping 138 people. :rolleyes:

Most of whom were 1Ks, who were most impacted by this change.

Talk about a biased sample size.

pigx5 Jul 22, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks for the positive change.^

eagle92 Jul 22, 2012 11:26 am

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 18976087)
I would be more than satisfied with the same service as the JFK/EWR-SFO/LAX on ORD/IAD/IAH/EWR-HNL. That would bring it closer to where it was before the old CO meal guidelines were scrapped and be more fitting of the 8h+ duration of those flights.

The new EWR-IST is UA's longest European route from EWR, but it is only 58nm longer than EWR-HNL.

+1. Really sad how they have downgraded those flights considering the length and the kind of product they used to be. And for all those out there saying folks aren't paying for it I say that is hogwash...look at every single flight going EWR-HNL-EWR and almost every single flight is full up front and almost never is there anyone who is "upgraded". They are either using a crapload of miles on EasyPass or paying for it with cash...

hobo13 Jul 22, 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by pigx5 (Post 18979818)
Thanks for the positive change.^

Don't you mean 'positive change' to get back to where we started? :confused:

pigx5 Jul 22, 2012 11:57 am

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 18979939)
Don't you mean 'positive change' to get back to where we started? :confused:

Ha Ha....
If they don't destroy everything first, how can people feel that change you
will like. In addition, they can get those credits and say "hey, we make all this
improvements, should you thank us and shout up?" :p

Anyway, at least it's still a good move.

halls120 Jul 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 18979805)
Most of whom were 1Ks, who were most impacted by this change.

Talk about a biased sample size.

Biased sample size? Tell us, do you really think people who rarely sit in F really care about a service change they never experience or are even aware of?

Who better to survey about the change than the people who are directly affected by it????

PDXPremier Jul 22, 2012 2:38 pm

[QUOTE=Often1;18979779]Even though the schedule showed a "SNACK" there was a really tasty dinner including both an appetizer & a salad on DCA-IAH at 3:15 PM (approx) and on an 8:30 PM IAH-LAX, a very substantial "cold plate" which was frankly more than I would have prepared at home.

Of all of the things a carrier can do, having a real meal even when the timing doesn't quite fit, really makes it worthwhile.[/QUOT

Are you implying that the "cold plate" with the chicken pasta has been replaced with a different late evening/red-eye snack??? If so, please share...a lot of folks were waiting to see the chicken pasta periodically get replaced with *anything* different :)

FriendlySkies Jul 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by born sleepy (Post 18979669)
Hm, my UX IAD-DFW at 2:42 still is showing "refreshments" in F, so noshing at Vino Volo while I wait.

Since it's UX, not mainline, you will just get the standard snackbox that they've been serving for the past few years...