FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1368735-meal-time-cut-offs-fixed-maybe-theyre-listening.html)

golfingboy Jul 21, 2012 11:03 am

Originally Posted by arisaa (Post 18974491)
11.59pm departure IAH-> BOG, got dinner.

I have been booked in paid F for a trip to BOG in AUG for about 2 months and it has always shown "Dinner" for me. Same for my redeye return that departs a little after midnight.

FriendlySkies Jul 21, 2012 11:04 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 18974634)
I wonder if the nasty chicken and pasta will now be considered a lunch :)

Hopefully it will go the way of the Dodo ;)

I didn't mind the chicken and pasta after the first couple of times, but without mixing it up more often, the dish has become a bit nasty.. Would much rather have a got sandwich and some soup ^

MileCards Jul 21, 2012 11:12 am

And may we ask - why was no announcement made here after decision was made?

That would have made for free and quality goodwill this community could have spread to other biz travelers we know.

njcommodore Jul 21, 2012 11:22 am

Originally Posted by MileCards (Post 18974841)
And may we ask - why was no announcement made here after decision was made?

That would have made for free and quality goodwill this community could have spread to other biz travelers we know.

perhaps we beat them to the punch. It's happened before.

SiberianTiger Jul 21, 2012 11:29 am

Thank You!!

Originally Posted by UA Insider (Post 18974516)
Hi goldelite8, you have a keen eye and are absolutely correct. We’ve recently made some meal scheduling adjustments to our late morning, early afternoon and dinner start times. For example, in United First, you should begin seeing lunch and dinner options on short to medium haul flights (over 2.5 hours) departing between 10:00am through 7:00pm. This improvement is a direct result of customer feedback. Please keep it coming.

Shannon

Thank you for listening!! Hope other feedback will be heard too soon :)

TIMOS Jul 21, 2012 11:34 am

Originally Posted by SiberianTiger (Post 18974931)
Thank you for listening!! Hope other feedback will be heard too soon :)

Wonderful news to of United!

Thank you!

golfingboy Jul 21, 2012 11:59 am

Hi goldelite8, you have a keen eye and are absolutely correct. We’ve recently made some meal scheduling adjustments to our late morning, early afternoon and dinner start times. For example, in United First, you should begin seeing lunch and dinner options on short to medium haul flights (over 2.5 hours) departing between 10:00am through 7:00pm. This improvement is a direct result of customer feedback. Please keep it coming.

Shannon

^^^^ to United for listening! I have a quick question:

Will UA reconsider the Dinner cut-off times, especially for on westbound flights between 2,000-2,300 miles or blocked at over 5 hours long that departs between 7pm and 8pm? Especially UA558 PIT-LAX that departs at 7:30pm.

CDKing Jul 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy (Post 18975110)
^^^^ to United for listening! I have a quick question:

Will UA reconsider the Dinner cut-off times, especially for on westbound flights between 2,000-2,300 miles or blocked at over 5 hours long that departs between 7pm and 8pm? Especially UA558 PIT-LAX that departs at 7:30pm.

My DEN-ANC that departs at 7pm shows as a Dinner flight (not sure if this is new). Sounds like a reasonable request to me. 7:30 headed west is like a late dinner for those headed out and early dinner for those headed home

EWR764 Jul 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Excellent first step in fixing some of the holes created by the post-2/1 changes. The chicken/pasta salad snack is no doubt an improvement over the "COld plate" but the fact that it seemed to be served on flights which formerly had full meal service was aggravating.

7:00 is on the early side as a dinner cutoff, especially for a longer flight. I think 8:00pm is more realistic for the 2,300mi+ flights.

golfingboy Jul 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 18975161)
My DEN-ANC that departs at 7pm shows as a Dinner flight (not sure if this is new). Sounds like a reasonable request to me. 7:30 headed west is like a late dinner for those headed out and early dinner for those headed home

Even some of the 7-720pm ORD-SFO/LAX flights now have Dinner...

anc-ord772 Jul 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Shannon

My assumption is that the revised meal times more closely reflect pre-merger blocking. If this is the case, what was the original process which led NEW UA to conclude that minimizing meal windows was a sound strategy?

If we can understand the process, any learnings from it, and those learnings are applied to future decisions, I would feel more confident in once again booking revenue flights on UA.

Wx4caster Jul 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Shannon

If UA is looking for any more customer feedback on meals, how about bringing back proper meal service on the Hawaii routes, at the very least on flights requiring BF copays, although I would tend to think ORD could be grouped in there as well. And to go one step further, those same flight services could stand to have their Club admission privileges re-instated for premium passengers.. Any plans that you can share, Insider?

username Jul 21, 2012 1:01 pm

It would be good if UA can actually define "traditional meal times" on http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...st/dining.aspx

EWR764 Jul 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by username (Post 18975414)
It would be good if UA can actually define "traditional meal times" on http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...st/dining.aspx

Agreed. Why hide the ball, United?

txp Jul 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Wx4caster (Post 18975289)
If UA is looking for any more customer feedback on meals, how about bringing back proper meal service on the Hawaii routes, at the very least on flights requiring BF copays, although I would tend to think ORD could be grouped in there as well. And to go one step further, those same flight services could stand to have their Club admission privileges re-instated for premium passengers.. Any plans that you can share, Insider?

I have sent them ample feedback on this very question. My recommendation is simply to replace domestic first with international business first service on flights to HNL which do not originate on the west coast. The implementation problem, as I see it, is that they would need to assign internationally-configured aircraft on the ORD-HNL and DEN-HNL legacy United routes, just to keep things consistent. Until they can get the aircraft available for these routes, unlikely to happen. For now, they have downgraded the sCO flights, just to keep consistency with sUA.