Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...)

Old Jul 21, 12, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Platinum; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle

It looks like there has been a systemwide change in catering for F meals. The system seems much more lax when it comes to meal time cutoffs and the PDA/online site is now showing "Lunch" and "Dinner" on many routes that were just showing "Snack." I can now see mid-con 10:20 AM departures with lunch and mid-con 4:10 PM departures with dinner. I was starting to get tired of the chicken/pasta plate, so this is really good news.
Old Jul 21, 12, 10:28 am

Great news if true. I wonder why the change?
Old Jul 21, 12, 10:40 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by anc-ord772 View Post
Great news if true. I wonder why the change?
I really think UA has started to listen;
After all the things we did not like, every little improvement makes us happy so I think we are going to start seeing changes we do like.
Old Jul 21, 12, 10:46 am

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Noticed this too. If true, thank you for listening
Old Jul 21, 12, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Maybe I am missing it one of my routes:
1330-1545 TPA-IAD still snack

However I do see it on:
1345-1723 ORD-TPA Lunch
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:07 am

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
11.59pm departure IAH-> BOG, got dinner.
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:12 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by goldelite8 View Post
It looks like there has been a systemwide change in catering for F meals. The system seems much more lax when it comes to meal time cutoffs and the PDA/online site is now showing "Lunch" and "Dinner" on many routes that were just showing "Snack." I can now see mid-con 10:20 AM departures with lunch and mid-con 4:10 PM departures with dinner. I was starting to get tired of the chicken/pasta plate, so this is really good news.
Hi goldelite8, you have a keen eye and are absolutely correct. We’ve recently made some meal scheduling adjustments to our late morning, early afternoon and dinner start times. For example, in United First, you should begin seeing lunch and dinner options on short to medium haul flights (over 2.5 hours) departing between 10:00am through 7:00pm. This improvement is a direct result of customer feedback. Please keep it coming.

Shannon
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:15 am

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Shannon give them a BIG thanks from my stomach for me ! Thank you very much for this- more productivity at the airport instead of overpriced airport food = happy biz travelers!

Thank you for putting lunch/dinner back on 1,2,3pm ORD-SFO !

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 25, 12 at 10:43 am Reason: merge/edit
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:17 am
txp

Programs: Former CO OnePass, UA, AA, DL, Starwood & other hotel chains
Originally Posted by UA Insider View Post
Hi goldelite8, you have a keen eye and are absolutely correct. We’ve recently made some meal scheduling adjustments to our late morning, early afternoon and dinner start times. For example, in United First, you should begin seeing lunch and dinner options on short to medium haul flights (over 2.5 hours) departing between 10:00am through 7:00pm. This improvement is a direct result of customer feedback. Please keep it coming.

Shannon
I am one of those who has sent *repeated* constructive feedback about both the quality and quantity/availability of meals in the Front cabin. In all my feedbacks I mentioned that this was *not* the place to save money. I kept repeating how I miss the meal quality from the "old days" of CAL. Perhaps someone nostalgic of these old days decided it was time to act?

Last edited by txp; Jul 21, 12 at 11:25 am
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Shannon
^^ My upcoming 9:54am departure IAD-SFO is listed for lunch in F, which is excellent news!
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I wonder what the specific cut-off times are for snack vs. lunch vs. dinner...can't seem to figure it out...for example, the 1:17pm DEN-IAH is a "snack" flight but the 2:39pm DEN-IAH is a "lunch" flight
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
excellent news!
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG
I wonder if the nasty chicken and pasta will now be considered a lunch
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services 2.8MM, AAdvantage, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I noticed this last Sunday. UA 1733 DCA-IAH with a 2 pm departure had lunch (choice of cheesburger or shrimp salad, plus fruit cup and excellent chicken tortilla soup, followed by the chocolate chip cookie in a bag), whereas this flight was most definitely a "snack" flight the prior few times I'd taken it.
Old Jul 21, 12, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by goldelite8 View Post

Shannon
Thank you for listening!

Now make sure the new PS business isnt serving Canyon Road and if there is any way to serve soup at dinner again Delta gets less attractive.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: