Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...)

Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...)

Old Oct 15, 12, 11:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
I posted in the Domestic meals thread, if you want to review the pic - it's that awful Door #2 meal

I'd kill for that first option!
LOL....I know what you mean...makes me actually miss the chicken pasta snack we all complained about having on every snack flight. I was dreading the "deli plate" on a red-eye to ORD last month and when I found out it was the southwest chicken, I felt like I had won the lottery....especially since I only had a 33.3% chance of getting it over the "deli plate" or "humus plate"...that's assuming of course that UA distributes them equally.
Old Oct 24, 12, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, HH Gold, Starwd Gold
I have an upcomng MSY-LAX flight. Deaprts 7.30 pm . 4+ hour flight and listed as "snack". United web site says meals will be served on flights during "traditional meal times". Dinner for me is traditionally 8pm - maybe I am a little odd??, but why is a 7.30 flight of this length only serving a snack?
Old Oct 24, 12, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ExRSA View Post
I have an upcomng MSY-LAX flight. Deaprts 7.30 pm . 4+ hour flight and listed as "snack". United web site says meals will be served on flights during "traditional meal times". Dinner for me is traditionally 8pm - maybe I am a little odd??, but why is a 7.30 flight of this length only serving a snack?
Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Received a "snack" that was a cold chicken breast with salsa thing I think. Received a pack of pretzels with my drink earlier in the flight.
Old Oct 24, 12, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by ExRSA View Post
Not a little odd, just a New Yorker. I usually don't eat until 9 on week days and 10ish on weekends. UA says we should only eat btwn 5-7pm. The Early Bird Special.
Old Jan 9, 13, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
I had a 7.40pm departure IAH-MCO that was a snack flight (nice chicken and cold couscous meal)...some people don't like, but I enjoy it. I have an 8.10pm IAH-PBI flight listed as refreshments even though the website says flights of that length receive a snack even after 7.59pm. Is it just snack basket or cold snack tray similar to redeyes?
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.6 MM
Dinner Hour

Who was it who said "Only swine dine before nine"?
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
I had a 7.40pm departure IAH-MCO that was a snack flight (nice chicken and cold couscous meal)...some people don't like, but I enjoy it. I have an 8.10pm IAH-PBI flight listed as refreshments even though the website says flights of that length receive a snack even after 7.59pm. Is it just snack basket or cold snack tray similar to redeyes?
Similar to Red Eyes snacks. lately I have been getting the cold mediterranean plate but it is not just a snack basket.
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Similar to Red Eyes snacks. lately I have been getting the cold mediterranean plate but it is not just a snack basket.
I wonder why they list it as Refreshments then? It is a Saturday evening to PBI, I wonder if they consider that too leisure and it gets snack basket on weekends?? or are there lots of mis-codings going on?
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
I wonder why they list it as Refreshments then? It is a Saturday evening to PBI, I wonder if they consider that too leisure and it gets snack basket on weekends?? or are there lots of mis-codings going on?
Not sure. I wrote it off to IT issues. I had several "Refreshments" flights, BOS to IAH was the last, and was assuming nothing but the snack basket but we got the cold plate each time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: