Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...)

Meal Time Cut-offs Fixed (Maybe they're listening...)

Old Oct 15, 12, 11:33 pm
  #121  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVPG, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8,405
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
I posted in the Domestic meals thread, if you want to review the pic - it's that awful Door #2 meal

I'd kill for that first option!
LOL....I know what you mean...makes me actually miss the chicken pasta snack we all complained about having on every snack flight. I was dreading the "deli plate" on a red-eye to ORD last month and when I found out it was the southwest chicken, I felt like I had won the lottery....especially since I only had a 33.3% chance of getting it over the "deli plate" or "humus plate"...that's assuming of course that UA distributes them equally.
PDXPremier is offline  
Old Oct 24, 12, 12:54 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Programs: UA 1K MM, BA Silver, HH Gold, Starwd Gold
Posts: 147
I have an upcomng MSY-LAX flight. Deaprts 7.30 pm . 4+ hour flight and listed as "snack". United web site says meals will be served on flights during "traditional meal times". Dinner for me is traditionally 8pm - maybe I am a little odd??, but why is a 7.30 flight of this length only serving a snack?
ExRSA is offline  
Old Oct 24, 12, 12:58 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LAX
Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by ExRSA View Post
I have an upcomng MSY-LAX flight. Deaprts 7.30 pm . 4+ hour flight and listed as "snack". United web site says meals will be served on flights during "traditional meal times". Dinner for me is traditionally 8pm - maybe I am a little odd??, but why is a 7.30 flight of this length only serving a snack?
Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Received a "snack" that was a cold chicken breast with salsa thing I think. Received a pack of pretzels with my drink earlier in the flight.
laangelsfan is offline  
Old Oct 24, 12, 2:02 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SFO/JFK/MGA
Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Posts: 1,963
Originally Posted by ExRSA View Post
I have an upcomng MSY-LAX flight. Deaprts 7.30 pm . 4+ hour flight and listed as "snack". United web site says meals will be served on flights during "traditional meal times". Dinner for me is traditionally 8pm - maybe I am a little odd??, but why is a 7.30 flight of this length only serving a snack?
Not a little odd, just a New Yorker. I usually don't eat until 9 on week days and 10ish on weekends. UA says we should only eat btwn 5-7pm. The Early Bird Special.
zoegksf is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 9:35 am
  #125  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Posts: 10,288
I had a 7.40pm departure IAH-MCO that was a snack flight (nice chicken and cold couscous meal)...some people don't like, but I enjoy it. I have an 8.10pm IAH-PBI flight listed as refreshments even though the website says flights of that length receive a snack even after 7.59pm. Is it just snack basket or cold snack tray similar to redeyes?
SkyTeam777 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:14 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Programs: UA Plat 1.6 MM
Posts: 240
Dinner Hour

Who was it who said "Only swine dine before nine"?
Jackstay is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:17 am
  #127  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LAX/BOS/HKG/AMS/SFO...hmm, I need a life.
Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 13,316
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
I had a 7.40pm departure IAH-MCO that was a snack flight (nice chicken and cold couscous meal)...some people don't like, but I enjoy it. I have an 8.10pm IAH-PBI flight listed as refreshments even though the website says flights of that length receive a snack even after 7.59pm. Is it just snack basket or cold snack tray similar to redeyes?
Similar to Red Eyes snacks. lately I have been getting the cold mediterranean plate but it is not just a snack basket.
avidflyer is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:37 am
  #128  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
Posts: 10,288
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Similar to Red Eyes snacks. lately I have been getting the cold mediterranean plate but it is not just a snack basket.
I wonder why they list it as Refreshments then? It is a Saturday evening to PBI, I wonder if they consider that too leisure and it gets snack basket on weekends?? or are there lots of mis-codings going on?
SkyTeam777 is offline  
Old Jan 9, 13, 10:47 am
  #129  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LAX/BOS/HKG/AMS/SFO...hmm, I need a life.
Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 13,316
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 View Post
I wonder why they list it as Refreshments then? It is a Saturday evening to PBI, I wonder if they consider that too leisure and it gets snack basket on weekends?? or are there lots of mis-codings going on?
Not sure. I wrote it off to IT issues. I had several "Refreshments" flights, BOS to IAH was the last, and was assuming nothing but the snack basket but we got the cold plate each time.
avidflyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: